Posts Tagged ‘Smithfield Foods’
Premises Liability - Friday, April 30, 2010 15:43 - 1 Comment
A Jackson County, Missouri jury awarded $11 million today to neighboring farmers who sued a factory farm operation saying hog odors were so bad they couldn’t go outside. The jury returned the verdict against industrial hog producers Premium Standard Farms, Inc. (“Premium Standard”), a subsidiary of Smithfield Foods SFD, and the privately held ContiGroup Companies. The verdict, covering 11 years of damages, is the largest monetary award against a hog farm in an odor nuisance case. The Middleton Firm, Seeger Weiss LLP and the Speer Law Firm represented the seven households, who filed their case in 2002. Plaintiffs, some of whom have owned their farms for well over 100 years and spanning five generations, alleged that relentless and extreme odors emanating from Defendants’ finishing farm – known as concentrated animal feeding operations, or CAFOs – created an unreasonable nuisance.
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- The Selma March
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- Class Action Sought For Toyota’s Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Safety Institute Announces Quarterly Vehicle Safety Watch List
- Automakers Hire Rocket Science Company To Find Cause Of Exploding Air Bags
- Takata Must Preserve Recalled Air Bag Evidence
- President Obama Now Says He Wants To Reverse Citizens United
- Drug Companies Outsourcing Safety Monitoring To Cut Costs
- FTC’s Provigil Pay-For-Delay Suit Passes Actavis Test
- S&P Pays $1.4 Billion In Settlement With DOJ For Inflating Ratings Before 2008 Mortgage Crisis
- High Court Rules That It Is Unfair For Dentists To Limit Teeth-Bleaching Providers
- Governor Robert Bentley Steps Up To The Plate
- BP Claims That Deepwater Claims Administrator Has Conflict
- I have a 2004 E350 6.0 diesel that I bought from a company called Sports mobile ...
- my tel # 340-220-3215 I wanted to know if you handled Plavix lawsuits fro...
- my claim # is UJT-10383314601 236605 no claim form attached to the notice i rec...
- We have a 2005 excursion 4x4 6.0 limited. Since buying a couple of years ago wit...
- Our 2003 Ford Windstar had a dealer installed patch put on the rear axle a coupl...
- HAVE A 2010 MAZDA RX7 TURBO 32000 MILES ON IT HAD TO HAVE THE ENGINE AND TURBO ...
- am I being represented in this settlement?who is Virginia lawyer?how can I conta...
- Nope. No osha regulations. Just called today to ask since the company I work for...