Posts Tagged ‘Political Advisors’
Some Closing Observations - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:19 - 0 Comments
It concerns me that so much that happens in the current political arena today seems to be based on either hating some person or some thing. I am not sure how this has developed, but it may well have been generated by opinion polls that many political advisors literally live by. I am convinced that many of the men and women who put their names on ballots as candidates depend completely on their advisors to develop and convey messages that tell the voters who the candidates are and what they stand for. For that reason, we really know very little about many of the folks we vote for. That is especially true on the national level.
I watched a debate last month during which all of the GOP presidential candidate squared off. Their performance left me somewhat bewildered as I tried to figure out exactly what each of them really stood for. During the lengthy debate, Rep. Ron Paul seemed to be the most sincere and much more real than any of the others. Romney, Perry and Cain, in their responses to questions from the moderator, performed very much like robots who were carefully programmed by their handlers.
Hopefully, the person who survives the primaries and the convention, winding up as GOP nominee for president, will be a person who is willing to discuss serious issues that affect all Americans and not just the privileged few. It’s also my hope that in the general election, real issues will be fully debated and the campaigns carried out by all concerned in a civil manner.
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...