Posts Tagged ‘oil spill’
Capitol Observations - Friday, December 10, 2010 13:59 - 0 Comments
The Illinois Attorney General has filed a lawsuit against Enbridge Inc.’s U.S. affiliate Enbridge Energy Partners. The state seeks to have the company pay the costs incurred cleaning up an oil pipeline spill that occurred in September. Michigan Attorney General Lisa Madigan and James Glasgow, the State’s Attorney for Will County, filed the lawsuit against the company.
The Complaint alleges that the spill of about 6,100 barrels of oil from Enbridge’s 670,000 barrel-per-day Line 6A in Romeoville, Illinois, caused danger to the public health and welfare, violated the water and air pollution laws and created a public nuisance. The court also agreed to a request for an interim order requiring Enbridge to inspect water mains, sanitary and storm sewers, private wells and groundwater within a half mile of the site to ensure all oil from the spill has been cleaned up.
According to Enbridge, it has co-operated with all regulatory authorities since the spill and has nearly completed all the requirements imposed by the U.S. Environmental Agency after the incident. The suit seeks repayment for the costs incurred by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for its oversight of the spill’s cleanup and remediation.
Source: Insurance Journal
- State of Alabama sues over Oil Spill
- The crisis in the Gulf makes clear the importance of our Judicial System
- BP Is Planning Its Legal Defense
- Jere Beasley Report, August 2010
- Oil Spill Cleanup Workers Reporting Illnesses
- $20 Billion Oil Spill Fund May Start Payments In August
- State Attorney Generals Challenge BP Claims Plan
- Poor Regulation Hurts The Public Badly
- BP Fails To Protect Cleanup Workers
- The Civil Justice System And Justice
- Parting Words
- Methane Poses Another Major Problem
- Congress Grills Oil Bosses
- A Look At BP’s Past Record
- A Criminal Probe Is Ongoing
- BP Cost-Cutting Added Significant Risks
- Congress Should Listen To The Deepwater Horizon Widows
- BP Has Paid Less Than 12% Of Claims
- Update On Oil Spill Litigation By Our Firm
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...