Posts Tagged ‘NHTSA’
Recalls Update - Thursday, April 4, 2013 14:56 - 0 Comments
Nissan Motor Co. has recalled five 2013 model year vehicles, including top sellers Altima and Sentra, because the front passenger airbag may not deploy in a crash. The models in the recall are Nissan’s Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder and Leaf as well as Infiniti JX35. Nissan did not supply the number of vehicles involved in the recall, or when they were manufactured. The reported recall affects only models sold in the United States. Nissan did not say whether vehicles in other countries will be recalled.
Sensors that determine if a passenger is sitting in a seat may not have met specifications and do not detect a rider according to NHTSA. If a crash occurs and no passenger is detected, the air bag may not deploy. The recall is expected to begin this month. Documents filed with NHTSA did not say whether any injuries or accidents have occurred as a result of the potential defect. Nissan says it determined a recall was necessary on February 21st, two months after the automaker noticed an increasing number of warranty claims from owners who said their airbag detection dashboard warning was lit.
Nissan is also recalling about 400 Sentras made from Sept. 11 to Oct. 4 last year because fuel tanks were not properly sealed. This may lead to a small leak of gasoline when the tanks are filled. This recall is unrelated to the airbags recall.
- GM Recalls Buick LaCrosses And Cadillac SRXs For Software Problem
- Recalls Relating To Electronic Systems Triple
- A Million GM Midsize Cars Could Be Added To Recall
- NHTSA Expands Probe Into Mercedes E-Class Gas Leaks
- Drunk Driving Is Still A Major Problem
- Several Motor Homes on Recall List
- BMW Recalls 570,000 Cars That Need Cable Fix
- GM Recalling 12,800 Vehicles for Suspension and Air Bag Problems
- Chrysler Recalls Pickups and SUVs
- Millions of Recalled Cars are Sold Without Needed Repairs
- NHTSA Probes 725,000 Ford Vehicles for Engine Flaw
- Safety Belts Should be Put on Commercial Buses
- Suburu Recalls Nearly 634,000 Cars And SUVs
- NHTSA Takes No Action In Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire Probe
- A Look At Auto Recalls For 2012
- NHTSA Looks At Brake Problems With 2005 Pilot
- VW Recalls Upscale Beetle For Airbag Danger
- Ignition Interlock Failures Lead To Rollaways And Recalls
- NHTSA Is Investigating Ford Floor Mats
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...
- When would we get paid?...
- Would like to know how much longer will it be before we get paid....