Posts Tagged ‘New Jersey Supreme Court’
Court Watch - Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:33 - 0 Comments
On February 27th, the New Jersey Supreme Court released an opinion addressing the effect of the New Jersey Product Liability Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:58C-1 to -11 (“PLA”) on New Jersey’s discovery rule applicable to the statute of limitations in an action against a drug company. In this case, Kendall v. Hoffman-La Roche, Inc., the Court confirmed that the New Jersey statute of limitations, which is the period of time an injured person has to bring a lawsuit against another person or corporation, is based on whether a reasonable person would have been aware of facts that would have led to discovery of the injury before the statute of limitations expired.
If a Plaintiff can show that a reasonable person would not have been aware of the injury, the statute of limitations does not bar his or her claims. This case involved the use of Accutane and whether it caused the Plaintiff’s inflammatory bowel disease. The Court held that the Plaintiff had produced sufficient facts to overcome her burden of proving she did not know and should not have known of the injury more than two years before she filed her lawsuit. In my opinion, this is a good opinion, and one that is badly needed. It definitely takes away a drug company Defendants’ ability to hide its wrongful conduct and deny justice by claiming the time to file a claim had run.
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...