Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...
- When would we get paid?...
- Would like to know how much longer will it be before we get paid....