Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Travis Grant Story Is A Good One
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Pollution Plagues The Water In Alabama
- New York Appeals Court Decisions May Impact Fracking Nationwide
- The Prices Of Generic Drugs Are Going Up
- John Hopkins Settles Pelvic Exam Lawsuits For $190 Million
- An Update On Boating Accidents
- There Were 10 Deaths And 123 Injured During 4th Of July Travel Period In Alabama
- Tracy Morgan Files Suit Against Wal-Mart
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- Jury Returns $15 Million Verdict Against The Los Angeles Dodgers
- Safeguards Needed To Protect The Public Against Predatory Lenders
- I was an employee since 2002. I was fired on July31, 2014. I knew for almost 2 y...
- It would of been nice to got a letter!!!! For my 2012 tri-glide, mine just start...
- My 2007 F150 Triton 4x4 truck has had two regulators replaced on the driver door...
- Just in case Ford ever steps up, I'm chiming in. Original Owner 2004 F150 SCrew...
- August 26, 2014 - my wife has received an August GM recall notice on her 2002 mo...
- Thanks, Tiffany Lindsay keep me posted...
- To the lawyer of this firm, something similar happen to me today while traveling...
- Ford sucks! for not recalling this issue... I am on my second replacement.