Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...