Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- The Selma March
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- Honda Adds 105,000 Vehicles To Its U.S. Recall
- The Takata Airbag Saga Continues To Expand
- Investors Have Sued GM Directors Over The Faulty Ignitions
- “New GM” Ignition MDL Claims Now Under Home States’ Laws
- Judge In GM Ignition Switch MDL Urges Settlement Talks
- U.S. Supreme Court Reverses Alabama Redistricting Ruling
- The Lasting Effects Of Bloody Sunday
- Ford Recalls 221,000 Police Vehicles, Ambulances And Hearses
- Kia Recalls 209,000 Soul Vehicles For Accelerator Defect
- NHTSA Investigates Nissan Air Bag Fix As Complaints Increase
- Nissan Recalls 640,000 Altima Sedans
I am 70, I bought annuities from Allianz Life Insurance co. of North Ame...
- Do NOT disconnect the battery! Under the steering column is a cap, flush with th...
- By the way that was for Johnson v. USCB Claims Adminitrator....
- I just received my claim form today April 17th 2015. And it had to be post marke...
- I have Organic Shingles that are failing and are not 10 years old. Can i sue Ce...
- My 2005 F-150 has only 47,000 miles and ready replaced all 4 regulators...
- It's funny sometimes how God uses others; I was reading some of the people's fav...
- Very happily surprised to find bible verses in this newsletter. Thank you for th...