Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- Today, the 4th window failed in my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew - I bought it new and th...
- I own a 2007 Chevy HHR . Gauges have been going hey wire for about for about 5 m...
- Never know there was a lawsuit against WFB, not until I clicked on to there webs...
- just checking to see if you got all my paperwork and to see when e would receive...
- Checks will be issued sometime this year. Feel free to call 1-800-549-7320 to ma...
- I received a letter from MetLife saying I am a beneficiary of 2 life insurance p...
- My 2006 Ford F150 Supercrew drivers side window regulator does not go down or up...
- i really appreciate the reports and always take the time to read agood portion o...