Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- $3.3 Million Verdict Against TRW In Faulty Air Bag Lawsuit
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- An Explanation of How Beasley Allen is Structured
- The Eighth Annual Beasley Allen Legal Conference
- More On Ionization Smoke Detectors
- NHTSA Considers Vehicle Electronics Rule
- Continental Recalls 170,000 Defective Motorcycle Tires
- Virginia Woman Paralyzed In Miata Car Crash Awarded $20 Million
- Bessemer Jury Returns $9.9 Million Verdict In Mazda Fire Case
- Defrauding The Military Is All Too Common
- JPMorgan Fined $78 Million By The European Commission
- $28 Million Verdict Upheld In Wyoming Carbon Monoxide Case
- Judge Vance Lifts Temporary Restraining Order Preventing Publication Of Alagasco Documents
- HI, just want to notify you of a change of address.
- Same thing happened too my 17 yr old in an 08 kia rio...
- I too was scammed by Flagstar Bank. I tried to get a modification on my mortgag...
- I have a 2004 F-150 XLT which I purchased new in Jan. 2004. The truck has only ...
- Deuy lawsuit. I have been reading , on internet, that lawsuits filed after Augu...
- Had to contact and comment on the MTD log splitter recall. There should be a sta...
- A couple month ago, 2010 Cobalt had ignition switch & keys replace per recal...
- trying to get a update on the lawsuite