Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- Favorite Bible Verses
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Jere Beasley Report, July 2015
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation Update
- Chinese Tires – Buyer Beware!
- Lawmakers Reintroduce Arbitration Fairness Act
- Whistleblower Lawsuit Investigates Outsourcing Companies for Foreign Worker Fraud
- State of Alabama Making Progress in Case Against BP
- NHTSA Failed Its Mission In GM Probes
- Parting Words
- The Persons Who Cheated Cancer Patients Should Be Put In Jail
- Some Monthly Reminders
- when will the $53 million be distributed or has it already been done and I've be...
- Having same issues with lots of granular loss, lots of it. They are Horizon, ins...
- Hello Ms. Jackson,
Try visiting the following page on the Tennessee Departmen...
- I would like more information on this topic. Why are they having so much troubl...
- Worked at sun shipbuilding and dry dock company as a machinist
Worked at genera...
- We just had our roof inspected because of a storm that came through for damage, ...
- I am the original owner of a 2006 HHR. It makes me sad to know that I will proba...
- To Whom it may concern
My 2004 Ford F150 Driver's side Window went down last ...