Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- The Selma March
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Publix Reaches $30 Million Settlement With Employees In Overtime Location
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- Budget Cuts Would Cripple State Court System In Alabama
- Loretta Lynch Is Now The U.S. Attorney General
- Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer Fined More Than $600,000 For Violations
- NHTSA Opens Investigation Into Hercules Tire Recall
- Ford Fights Source Code Discovery In Acceleration Actions
- NHTSA Asked To Investigate Ford Headlights Defect
- It Appears NHTSA Will Speed Up Takata And Jeep Recalls
- MDL Judge Selects Firms To Lead Takata Air Bag MDL
- Budget Crisis In The Alabama Legislature
- Harry Reid Stepping Down From United States Senate
- Hillary Clinton Makes It Official – She’s In The Race For The White House In 2016
- Watched judge Moore talk about funding. In my opinion, the Public sector has los...
- both the driver side and passenger windows failed in 2010 on my 2004 F150 xlt ha...
- I took the generic form for 13.5 years, it has destroyed my body, I get up in th...
- CLAIM # UJT-10591410101-395110
I tried several websites to get my form, for set...
- You say: "BP does not want folks to really know the types of damage the company ...
- In the piece you state "We must all continue the fight that started at a bridge ...
- It has been said "When nature has work to be done,God send someone to do it" Th...
- Hello I recently received my claim form and the website was not related to claim...