Posts Tagged ‘love’
Parting Words, The Firm - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 13:22 - 0 Comments
We are reminded each night on the evening news about how bad things are today in the world. Not a day passes without some senseless act of violence taking a life and on many occasions, multiple lives are lost. Then we read and hear constant media accounts of how some large corporations cheat their investors or cause injuries or deaths to consumers because the bosses put profits over safety. There are almost daily reports in the media about the severe illegal drug problems that are wide spread across the country. Drugs cause untold hurt and misery to thousands of individuals and families. The problems caused by a weak economy have resulted in loss of jobs and high unemployment in the U.S.
It appears that neither government, nor our elected leaders, regardless of how hard they may try, can really make things better for us. So there has to be a better answer on how to solve all of our massive problems. Many are searching for that answer. Perhaps the Holy Bible would be a good place to turn for the answers. There is no better source than Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only hope for our world. Because of His death on the cross, we can have not only forgiveness, but the assurance of Heaven in the future and the power to live an abundant life during these troubled times. When Jesus was confronted by the religious leaders of the day, who questioned him constantly, He answered as one who is completely wise, providing guidance on how to live. The following is one such exchange:
Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
The first four of the Ten Commandments given by God to the children of Israel are contained in Jesus’ statement: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” The last six commandments are enclosed in the statement: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” It would certainly take away much of the hurt, injury and pain that folks suffer because of how they are treated by others if we followed Jesus’ teachings. In fact, it would be a guarantee that a peaceful world would result if folks loved God and loved each other as themselves.
May God bless each of our readers and their families. Hopefully, we can all learn from Jesus how to deal with a complex and troubled world. Following the teachings of Jesus is recommended for all regardless of gender, age, skin color or social status. If you don’t believe Jesus provides the answers, give Him a try.
To view this publication online, to add or change an address,
or to contact us about this publication, please
visit our Web site: www.BeasleyAllen.com
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Kiddie Korral Recalls Girls Hoodies With Ponies
- Giggles International Recalls Animated Monkey Toy
- Schneider Electric Recalls PowerPact J-Frame Circuit Breakers
- Wegmans Food Markets Recalls Moody Face Stress Balls
- Dream On Me Recalls Incredible Play Yards
- GCI Outdoor Recalls To Repair Stadium Seats
- Horizon Hobby Recalls HobbyZone Super Cub S Radio-Controlled Aircraft
- Lenovo Recalls Computer Power Cords
- Daikin Recall Air Purifiers Due To Fire Hazard
- Bicycle Helmets Recalled By UVEX Sports Due To Risk Of Head Injury
- Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Forks Due To Risk Of Fall Hazard
- Sorrry .. Last post had incorrect email addy for the lawyer ... It is bill.hopki...
- THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM FORD !!!! ... DO SOMETHING "NOW" TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMER...
- i need some money...
- I have been working with Wells Fargo modification for 3 years. I completed trial...
- I don't know who you are. I can tell how frustrated you are. Check this out I wi...
- I understand everyone that lost loved ones during the event at the movies but, e...
- Both low an high beams will go out when i use them. Very danagerous as sometimes...
- Have 2005 6.0 diesel Ford 350 dually. Have had all the problems. Under 40 thousa...