Posts Tagged ‘Hospital Meal Breaks’
Employment and FLSA Litigation - Tuesday, January 17, 2012 15:06 - 0 Comments
A recent ruling affects a class action lawsuit that had been filed against two of Pittsburgh’s major hospitals, alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act. It was alleged in the Complaint that the hospitals automatically deducted a half-hour from an employee’s time records even when the employee worked through a meal break, resulting in the employee not being compensated for all hours worked. But the court ruled in the case that there wasn’t enough evidence to show that the hospital companies had a policy of not paying employees who worked through their meal breaks. As a result of the ruling, any employees who want to pursue their claims will have to do so by filing their own individual lawsuits, rather than filing as a group.
Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- My family and I lived in Ujima Village in the 80's. My mother is now deceased. ...
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...