Posts Tagged ‘GOP’
Purely Political News and Views - Thursday, May 10, 2012 13:10 - 0 Comments
Now that the GOP Presidential nomination is finally assured for Mitt Romney the general election fireworks can begin. With Rick Santorum pulling out, rather than facing a possible loss in his home state, the primary battles were over and the general election campaign was unofficially on. Both Romney and President Obama came out swinging shortly after Santorum withdrew. At that time there seemed little doubt but that things would heat up very quickly and they have. In fact, Romney came out much stronger in his attacks on the President after he won five primaries on April 24th. This promises to be one of the most interesting Presidential elections since the Bush-Gore epic battle a few years back. It will also be the most costly ever and that’s not a good thing for the American people.
If given his choice of an opponent, I don’t believe President Obama could have picked a better person to run against than Romney. But even with Romney as the nominee – with all of the baggage he brings from his most interesting past and his inability to connect with regular folks – the GOP will likely make the race a close one. That’s because of the huge amounts of money that will be made available to the Republican candidate regardless of who it is. I really thought Romney – with all of his “goofy” statements and constant mistakes – might be trying to make the Obama campaign folks overconfident. But the more we see I am now convinced we are seeing the real Romney. His ever becoming President of the United States is a scary thought.
- The GOP Battle For The Presidential Nomination Continues
- The GOP Presidential Field Gets Smaller
- The GOP Congressional Pledge
- Bradley Byrne Threatened To Burn Down AEA’s House
- A Candidate Supported By Only The People Wins
- Mike Bolin And Tom Parker Survive The Primary
- The Worst Performance Of All Was In The GOP Race For Attorney General
- A Political Party With No Answers
- James Anderson Ran Extremely Well
- The GOP Run-Off In The Governor’s Race
- Popular State Senator Kicked Off GOP Slate
- Group backs GOP candidates for Alabama Supreme Court
- GOP wants to take over the Alabama Legislature
- America can’t wait any longer for a real energy policy
- My Observations On The Political Scene
- Montgomery Polling Firm Sets Up Satellite In Our Nations Capital
- John McCain Is Beholden To Poweful Corporate Lobbyists
- The Tide Is Turning Nationwide
- The McCain Campaign Has Some Explaining To Do
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...