Posts Tagged ‘Frank Woodson’
Mass Torts Update - Monday, October 7, 2013 10:03 - 0 Comments
Of all medications currently being sold in the United States, Lipitor is one of the most commonly used brand-name medications. This cholesterol lowering statin medication had generated an estimated $125 billion in sales for Pfizer before the drug became available as a generic in 2011. The medication has been heavily promoted in direct-to-consumer advertising campaigns, encouraging patients to speak to their doctors about whether they need to be placed on Lipitor to maintain their health. The advertisements were directed to the public, including women who did not have many risk factors for heart disease and were not at high risk of a cardiac event. Thus, women really received no long-term benefit from taking the drug.
According to several lawsuits filed in 2013, Pfizer knew or reasonably should have known in 1997 that there was a connection between Lipitor and diabetes before the drug was even placed on the market. However, there was no warning added to the label until February 2012. This was after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology Products requested that a warning be provided for consumers and the medical community. Even then, the warning never actually mentioned Type 2 diabetes, stating instead: “Increases in HbA1c and fasting serum glucose levels have been reported with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, including LIPITOR.”
It’s alleged in the lawsuits that until the February 2012 label change, Lipitor’s label never warned patients of any potential relation between changes in blood sugar levels and taking Lipitor. Lawsuits further allege that despite the February 2012 label change, Lipitor’s label continues to fail to warn consumers of the serious risk of developing Type 2 diabetes when using Lipitor. Frank Woodson, a lawyer in our firm’s Mass Torts Section, is investigating Lipitor claims and can be reached at 800-898-2034 or by email at Frank.Woodson@beasleyallen.com.
Source: About Lawsuits website
- Granuflo Litigation Heating Up
- Study Suggests Lipitor Increases Risk of Diabetes
- Frank Woodson Appointed to PSC in the GranuFlo MDL
- Does Lipitor Cause Diabetes?
- GlaxoSmithKline Agrees To Share Avandia Information
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Is A Most Serious Problem
- Frank Woodson
- The Department Of Justice Must Control Pain Pump Manufacturers
- Concerns Over Metal On Metal Hip Implants
- A Recent Shoulder Pain Pump Verdict
- An MDL For Shoulder Pain Pump Litigation Should Be Formed
- More lawsuits involving Vytorin are being filed
- Avandia may now be pulled from the Market
- Lawsuits involving the heart surgery drug Trasylol being filed
- Fentanyl Pain Patch verdict in Florida
- Frank Woodson
- Our firm has a Chantix website
- Mass Tort Update
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Awareness Month
- JPMorgan And Assurant Settle Force-Placed Insurance Claims For $300 Million
- Toyota Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Ends In Landmark Verdict
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Beasley Allen Legal Conference & Expo Set For November 21-22
- An Update on the BP Business Economic Loss Claims
- Parting Words
- Some Monthly Reminders
- Closing Observations
- Flynn Mozingo Receives Pro Bono Award
- Alabama Veteran Awarded Congressional Gold Medal
- Beasley Allen Provides Help For The Holidays
- More Than 2,000 Lawyers Pre-Registered For Seventh Annual Legal Conference In Montgomery
- Little Willy’s Recalls Hooded Sweatshirts Due To Strangulation Hazard
- American Boy And Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due To Choking Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Babycottons
- L.L. Bean Girl’s Pajamas Recalled
- Look forward to the next update....
- I experience some of the same problems with Flagstar, how do we get a class acti...
- Ford 2005 F-150 Regulator Failure - My regulator failed on the passenger side fr...
- I LOST BOTH OF MY LITTLE DOGS, ONLY THING IVE' CHANGED WAS BUYING SOME JERKY TRE...
- JUST RECEIVED A NEW POLOCY, THE OTHER'S ALSO INCLUDED WERE OVER 1900 PER YEAR, "...
- I HAVE EMAILED EVERYONE GOVERNMENTWIE FOR HELP. SOME RESPOND. FIRST TIME AND CU...
- my name above, my address is 100 Maywood Avenue, Sinking Spring, PA 19608. i W...
- My ex wife had my son 4 year on Pulmicort for about 4-5 months I mention to her ...