Posts Tagged ‘Concert Security’
Liability, Premises Liability - Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:14 - 0 Comments
A lawsuit has been filed against a security company by the mother of a college student who was killed after she attended a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Va. The lawsuit was filed in Roanoke County Circuit Court against Regional Marketing Concepts Inc., doing business as RMC Events. RMC provided security at the concert which took place in 2009.
Morgan Harrington, a student at Virginia Tech, who was 22 years old, disappeared after she left the John Paul Jones Arena and was denied re-entry. Her body was found in January 2010 in a hayfield in Albemarle County. It was reported in the media that the “no re-entry” policy is common practice for events like the Metallica concert. Even so, it would seem that security personnel would be concerned over the safety of a female, who was alone, and tried to get back in the concert. It would appear that denying re-entry to a female – depending on the time and location – would be risky for a security company. Surely, they must have some type of provision for that situation in their contract.
Source: The Roanoke Times
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...