Posts Tagged ‘class action’
The Consumer Corner - Thursday, May 2, 2013 15:07 - 0 Comments
It was reported last month that a $40 million settlement has been reached in a consumer fraud class action lawsuit pending against toning shoe manufacturer Skechers U.S.A. The lawsuit, Grabowski v. Skechers U.S.A., Inc., involves claims that Skechers violated certain state laws and consumer protection statutes in connection with the marketing and sale of its toning shoes.
Potential class members include persons who purchased eligible Skechers toning shoes from August 1, 2008, until and including August 13, 2012, in the United States. It was reported that upon preliminary review, the Court found that the proposed settlement agreement was fair, reasonable and adequate. Claims will not be paid, however, until the settlement is given final approval by the Court. A fairness hearing will determine that.
- Lawsuit Filed Against Ford Over Fuel Efficiency Estimates In Hybrids
- Court Grants Class Status In Volvo Sunroof Defect Suit
- Former Montana Power Workers Settle Lawsuit
- Mini Cooper Engine Defect Class Action Filed
- Merrill Lynch Settles Overtime Lawsuit
- Class Action Status Granted In AIG Lawsuit
- Supreme Court Hears Argument In Important Securities Class Action Case
- Nationwide Settles Harleysville Policyholder Class Action For $26 Million
- Sonoco Products Company Settles Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit
- Class Action Suit Filed Over Cochlear Hearing Implants
- Settlement Approved In Ferrellgas Consumer Fraud Class Action
- Whirlpool Mold Cases Can Proceed As Class Action
- Class Action Status Granted In Bank Of America Investor Lawsuit
- $4 Million Sutherland Settlement Of Overtime Lawsuit Approved
- Farmers Settles Medical Reimbursement Class Action Suit
- Dean Foods Settles Farmer Lawsuit For $140 Million
- Class Action Against Trucking Giant Continues
- Lawsuit Filed Against Michaels Stores Seeks Class-Action Status
- The Past, Present, And Future Of Class Actions
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...