Posts Tagged ‘360Value Software’
Insurance and Finance Update - Tuesday, March 13, 2012 15:47 - 0 Comments
Citizens Property Insurance Corp. has been in the news recently and, unfortunately, not in a good light. The insurer is facing more heat over its system for valuating replacement costs for homes. Two groups have filed a class-action lawsuit against the state-run insurer, claiming that Citizens is using a software program, called 360Value, to overvalue the replacement costs of homeowners’ properties. The Plaintiffs, Florida Association for Insurance Reform and the Beausoleil Law Group of Florida, allege that Citizens has used the 360Value system to raise rates on homeowners and “side-step” the legislative process for rate-raising.
Citizens told agents last year that it would rely solely on its 360Value software for estimating the replacement cost of homes. The insurer said it would no longer take into account estimates from real estate appraisers or independent general contractors. That caused several complaints from homeowners who said their homes were being overvalued by the software. Citizens has now reversed course on that decision. The about-face came just days after a Tampa Bay Times story documenting seemingly high replacement cost values reached by 360-Value. The Plaintiffs are contending in the lawsuit that the giant insurer is using the system as a backdoor method to raise rates.
The following is from the class-action lawsuit website: “Citizens has been and wants to continue increasing revenue and reserves without having to fight the Florida legislature for a rate increase. They are literally sidestepping legislative action at the expense of the almost 1.5 million Florida taxpayers that are being forced to pay higher premiums because Citizens intentionally misrepresents property values.”
Source: Miami Herald
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...