Transportation - Thursday, May 2, 2013 14:06 - 0 Comments
A Connecticut Superior Court jury has awarded $15.7 million to survivors and family members of three people killed in a 2007 crash on an Interstate highway. The jury found that Northeast Carriers, the owner of a tanker truck that jumped the median near an interchange, was negligent and reckless, and caused the crash. The tanker, which was carrying nearly 7,000 gallons of heating fuel, went out of control and crashed head-on into southbound traffic on Nov. 2, 2007. Witnesses testified that the driver, who was killed in the accident, appeared to be racing with another truck driver. Lawyers for Northeast Carriers argued that the second driver deserved some blame for the crash.
Source: The Day of New London
- Jury Returns $90 Million In Case Against School Board In Death Case
- Estate Of Woman Killed At Yale-Harvard Game Files Suit
- Washington Jury Awards $26 Million In Plane Crash Deaths
- Federal Government Probes Case Of Texting Helicopter Pilot
- $58 Million Jury Award In Lawsuit Involving A Tired Truck Driver
- Another needed Highway Safety Study Done
- Study Says Driver Fatigue Causes 20 Percent Of Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Hotel and Contractor Fined Over Elevator Death
- Jury Awards $2.2 Million For Injuries In work-Related Lawsuit
- Woman Sues Over Son’s Death At Omega Protein
- Disabled Man Settles His Lawsuit For $12 Million
- Kentucky Jury Awards Significant Damages In Defective Cochlear Implant Case
- Colorado Jury Finds Helmet Maker Riddell At Fault
- Remington Model 700 Misfires
- Submersion Lawsuit Highlights Escape Design Gaps
- Ford Ordered To Pay Driver $3 Million For Injuries In 2009 Crash
- Court Upholds $33 Million Verdict In Fatal Van Rollover Against Cooper Tire
- $41.5 Million Awarded To Student Stricken By Encephalitis
- Major Bus Crashes Occur Amid Federal Crackdown On Unsafe Motor Coach Operators
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...