Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Monday, October 7, 2013 9:54 - 1 Comment
Reglan battles continue to wage on throughout the country on two fronts – generic Defendants continue to allege that federal law preempted them from strengthening their warning labels and brand name Defendants continue to allege that they cannot be held liable for harm caused by their generic counterparts. While Reglan cases are filed in multiple venues, many eyes are on the litigation in Pennsylvania and California state courts, where the majority of Reglan cases are filed. Pennsylvania was the first state to consolidate Reglan cases for discovery management and bellwether trial settings and has so far rejected the Defendants’ attempts to absolve themselves from all liability.
In our last Reglan update, which appeared in February of this year, we reported that generic drug manufacturers sought to appeal Judge Sandra Moss’ decision to overrule their objections to the Plaintiffs’ Master Complaint. This decision effectively dismissed generic Defendants’ arguments that all claims against them were preempted under the U.S. Supreme Court Mensing decision. On September 7, 2012, brand name defendant Wyeth filed a petition to the Court of Pennsylvania, generally arguing that they are also preempted from Plaintiffs’ state law claims against them because they divested from the Reglan product in 2001, thus rendering it impossible for them to have made any changes to the product labeling after that date. While this appeal does not bear upon the future ability to raise claims against generic manufacturers, it can serve as further delay in Reglan proceedings, including the ability to reconvene discovery and reset cases for trial. For more information about the status of Reglan litigation, contact Danielle Mason, a lawyer in our firm’s Mass Torts Section, who has been heavily involved in this litigation, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Danielle.Mason@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- Today, the 4th window failed in my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew - I bought it new and th...
- I own a 2007 Chevy HHR . Gauges have been going hey wire for about for about 5 m...
- Never know there was a lawsuit against WFB, not until I clicked on to there webs...
- just checking to see if you got all my paperwork and to see when e would receive...
- Checks will be issued sometime this year. Feel free to call 1-800-549-7320 to ma...
- I received a letter from MetLife saying I am a beneficiary of 2 life insurance p...
- My 2006 Ford F150 Supercrew drivers side window regulator does not go down or up...
- i really appreciate the reports and always take the time to read agood portion o...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 4, 2014 13:13 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
- GM Sued For Alleged Antifreeze Defect In Chevy Cruze Models
- Settlement By Kia And Hyundai In Fuel Efficiency MDL Is Approved
Recalls Update - Sep 4, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- USDA Recalls 7.5 Tons Of Applegate Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- J&J Unit Recalls Hysterectomy Device Over Cancer Fears
- Samson International Recalls Bar Stool Due To Fall Hazard
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Because Of Suffocation And Choking Hazards