Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Monday, October 7, 2013 9:54 - 2 Comments
Reglan battles continue to wage on throughout the country on two fronts – generic Defendants continue to allege that federal law preempted them from strengthening their warning labels and brand name Defendants continue to allege that they cannot be held liable for harm caused by their generic counterparts. While Reglan cases are filed in multiple venues, many eyes are on the litigation in Pennsylvania and California state courts, where the majority of Reglan cases are filed. Pennsylvania was the first state to consolidate Reglan cases for discovery management and bellwether trial settings and has so far rejected the Defendants’ attempts to absolve themselves from all liability.
In our last Reglan update, which appeared in February of this year, we reported that generic drug manufacturers sought to appeal Judge Sandra Moss’ decision to overrule their objections to the Plaintiffs’ Master Complaint. This decision effectively dismissed generic Defendants’ arguments that all claims against them were preempted under the U.S. Supreme Court Mensing decision. On September 7, 2012, brand name defendant Wyeth filed a petition to the Court of Pennsylvania, generally arguing that they are also preempted from Plaintiffs’ state law claims against them because they divested from the Reglan product in 2001, thus rendering it impossible for them to have made any changes to the product labeling after that date. While this appeal does not bear upon the future ability to raise claims against generic manufacturers, it can serve as further delay in Reglan proceedings, including the ability to reconvene discovery and reset cases for trial. For more information about the status of Reglan litigation, contact Danielle Mason, a lawyer in our firm’s Mass Torts Section, who has been heavily involved in this litigation, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Danielle.Mason@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Favorite Bible Verses
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Parting Words
- The Persons Who Cheated Cancer Patients Should Be Put In Jail
- Some Monthly Reminders
- ARCA Driver Grant Enfinger Hits A Wall At Talladega But Keeps On Charging
- Fellowship Of Christian Athletes Sets A Foundation For The Spirit, Mind And Body
- The Bronner Vision For Golf Has Been Very Good For Alabama
- Tire Inspection Event Held In Prattville, Alabama
- Sandra Moates
- Katy Morgan
- Elizabeth Eiland
- Beau Darley
- Worked at sun shipbuilding and dry dock company as a machinist
Worked at genera...
- We just had our roof inspected because of a storm that came through for damage, ...
- I am the original owner of a 2006 HHR. It makes me sad to know that I will proba...
- To Whom it may concern
My 2004 Ford F150 Driver's side Window went down last ...
- Please help. Have house and out building with Certainteed Horizon Arch Greysto...
- I have 2 yrs worth of documentation about Flagstar's inept ability to process a ...
- I retired from a plant in sandusky Oh. that USED to make manual window regulator...
- I have three house the the new horizon shingles that I'm having problems with di...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Jun 16, 2015 12:02 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Some Midsize SUVs Do Poorly On Front Overlap Crash Test
- Recall-Related Crashes Involving Vehicles 10 Years And Older Going Unreported
- NHTSA Probes Nissan Versas Over Suspension Problems
- NHTSA Is Investigating Fiat Chrysler Over Sun Visor Recall Repairs
- Fiat Chrysler Launches Recalls Covering Airbag, Ignition Switch And Manufacturing Issues
Recalls Update - Jun 25, 2015 13:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Rocky Brands Recalls Rocky Rubber Snake Boots
- Snow Peak Recalls Japanese Axe Due To Laceration And Impact Hazards
- TenPoint Crossbow Technologies Recall To Repair Crossbows
- Valor Athletics Recalls Olympic Weight Bench
- IKEA Expands Crib Mattress Recall