The four children of a couple killed in a fire at a senior housing unit in St. Joseph, Mo., have settled their claims against several Defendants. The fire at the Danford Hall Apartments in St. Joseph in July 2010 killed 89-year-old Ellis Marion Stephens and his 86-year-old wife, Iris. Five others were injured in the fire. The Stephens’ children sued four companies after the fire, alleging their negligence caused their parents’ deaths. Investigators say the fire started when a man in another apartment who used oxygen fell asleep while smoking. The settlement, which totaled $1 million, was approved by the court.
Source: The St. Joseph News-Press
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.