A case in Wisconsin has resulted in a settlement of more than $2 million for a Michigan man who was permanently disabled by carbon monoxide poisoning. The settlement provides that 60-year-old Larry Brenke will get payments from four companies following the 2009 poisoning, which happened in a recreational vehicle parked in Tomah, Wis. The liability insurance carriers for the RV’s owner, Allen Smith, and a construction company, agreed to pay $1 million. The insurance carrier for the company that built the vehicle will pay another $1 million. Other companies will pay $75,000 in the settlement. Brenke and another man accompanied Smith, the owner, on the trip. All three men became sick after their first night. Other parts of the lawsuit had previously been settled.
Source: Claims Journal
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.