Product Liability - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:27 - 94 Comments
The Chevy HHR has become a subject of concern in safety circles. NHTSA has received complaints about a potential design defect in the Chevy HHR (Heritage High Roof). The Chevrolet HHR problems reportedly include difficulty turning the vehicle off. Chevy HHR complaints have been filed with the NHTSA by vehicle owners, who say they incurred high costs repairing their vehicle. The complaints typically have involved HHR owners having trouble turning the vehicle off or the key becoming stuck in the ignition, which can potentially lead to highway crashes. The vehicle has not been recalled despite these reported safety issues. In order to rectify the problem when the HHR would not shut off, some HHR owners reported:
• disconnecting the vehicle battery to shut the engine;
• remaining in their parked Chevy HHRs until their vehicle runs out of gas, which can take several hours if not a day; and
• removing a fuse from the engine.
So far, model years affected by the ignition problem include the 2009 Chevy HHR and 2009 Chevy Cobalt. Various reports from Chevy HHR owners indicate that this is a known problem among car dealers and garages. So far, Chevrolet/General Motors has not addressed the problem. Reportedly, some customers, who have had to have their vehicles towed to a dealership while still running, have been informed that the repair is not covered under their warranty. It was reported that those customers paid up to $600 to repair the HHR ignition.
Some 2009 Chevy HHR vehicles have been recalled, but for completely different reasons. General Motors Corporation recalled 2009 model year versions of the HHR along with a number of others—including the Cobalt and Buick Enclave—due to a potential defect in the shift lever that could cause the vehicle to roll away. That recall took place in March of 2009. At the time, a GM spokeswoman said that no injuries or crashes had been reported as a result of the shift lever defect and that dealers had been tasked with inspecting the vehicles and replacing shift cables when necessary.
Source: Associated Press
Leave a Reply
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, October 2015
- Favorite Bible Verses
- A Look at Potential Claims Relating to On The Job Injuries
- Trucking Company to Pay $3.45 Million to Settle Minimum Wage Lawsuit
- FDA Issues Bone Fracture and Density Warning for Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- Actos Settlement Program Well Received by Claimants
- Internal Reporting is Now Covered Under the Whistleblower Anti-Retaliation Provision
- Melton Family Creates Vehicle ‘Watch List’ to Alert Public to Dangerous Autos
- Class Action Lawsuit Seeks Justice for Volkswagen Owners Deceived by Automaker’s Clean Air Act Cheat
- Volkswagen Admits to Massive Scheme Deceiving the EPA and American Consumers
- Chette Williams Does Good Work As Auburn University Football Team Chaplain
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
- my toyota corolla ce 2004 model power steering is stiff when the engine is idle ...
- Where are we with the payout to those Canadians who were affected by VIOXX- one ...
- sorry the implant was performed in august of 2011...
- i had a nucleus 5 implant in august 2014- 65 years old and the time, and lost my...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 14, 2015 9:07 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Chrysler Appeals In The Georgia Jeep Fire Death Case
- Mazda Seat Belt Defect Lawsuit Will Go Forward
- Our Firm Has Recently Filed Another Osprey Lawsuit
- Jeep Grand Cherokees Under NHTSA Probe After Rollaway Reports
- Honda Reportedly Facing Probe Over Air Bag Failure Claims
Recalls Update - Sep 23, 2015 8:19 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Merck Recalls Temodar And Temozolomide Bottles With Cracked Caps Due To Failure To Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement
- Flowers By Zoe Recalls Girls Striped Hoodie And Neon Tie Dye Jacket Due To Strangulation Hazard
- Manhattan Group Recalls Children’s Elephant Activity Toys Due To Choking Hazard
- J.M. Mattress Recalls Renovated Mattresses
- Stork Craft Recalls Crib Mattresses