Product Liability - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:27 - 88 Comments
The Chevy HHR has become a subject of concern in safety circles. NHTSA has received complaints about a potential design defect in the Chevy HHR (Heritage High Roof). The Chevrolet HHR problems reportedly include difficulty turning the vehicle off. Chevy HHR complaints have been filed with the NHTSA by vehicle owners, who say they incurred high costs repairing their vehicle. The complaints typically have involved HHR owners having trouble turning the vehicle off or the key becoming stuck in the ignition, which can potentially lead to highway crashes. The vehicle has not been recalled despite these reported safety issues. In order to rectify the problem when the HHR would not shut off, some HHR owners reported:
• disconnecting the vehicle battery to shut the engine;
• remaining in their parked Chevy HHRs until their vehicle runs out of gas, which can take several hours if not a day; and
• removing a fuse from the engine.
So far, model years affected by the ignition problem include the 2009 Chevy HHR and 2009 Chevy Cobalt. Various reports from Chevy HHR owners indicate that this is a known problem among car dealers and garages. So far, Chevrolet/General Motors has not addressed the problem. Reportedly, some customers, who have had to have their vehicles towed to a dealership while still running, have been informed that the repair is not covered under their warranty. It was reported that those customers paid up to $600 to repair the HHR ignition.
Some 2009 Chevy HHR vehicles have been recalled, but for completely different reasons. General Motors Corporation recalled 2009 model year versions of the HHR along with a number of others—including the Cobalt and Buick Enclave—due to a potential defect in the shift lever that could cause the vehicle to roll away. That recall took place in March of 2009. At the time, a GM spokeswoman said that no injuries or crashes had been reported as a result of the shift lever defect and that dealers had been tasked with inspecting the vehicles and replacing shift cables when necessary.
Source: Associated Press
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions