The Consumer Corner - Written by Beasley Allen on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:55 - 125 Comments
Ford vehicles use electric motors to turn the window regulators in models equipped with power windows. Certain Ford model vehicles have had an inordinate amount of problems or failures with the window regulators, particularly the 2004 and 2005 model year trucks. Many consumers have complained of repeated and multiple failures of the window regulator in their Ford F-150 vehicles. In fact, the website www.carcomplaints.com list the failed window regulators on the 2004 Ford F-150 truck as number 13 of the top 20 most often reported vehicle complaints on its website. This website also has lodged over 200 complaints regarding window regulator problems with the 2005 Ford F-150.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website reports over 140 complaints about the 2005 model year F-150 power windows alone. Even with all of these complaints to Ford and NHTSA, Ford has failed to issue a recall and has refused to reimburse vehicle owners for the cost of replacing the defective window regulators. Quite often, more than one replacement is required. Our firm is currently investigating these window regulator failures. If you or someone you know has had a failure of the window regulator in any model year Ford F-150 vehicle, you can contact Bill Hopkins, a lawyer in our Consumer Fraud Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Bill.Hopkins@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- Please check out our GM Recall Survivors page on Facebook....
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Mar 5, 2014 9:02 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Seatbelts For Buses Have Been Recommended For Decades
- Aggressive Airbag Inflation Can Cause Injury And Death
- If You Want To Update Your Car – There Will Be An App For That!
- Electronic Power Steering Failures In Toyota Cars
- Final Order Issued In $1.15 Billion California Lead Paint Case
Recalls Update - Mar 5, 2014 11:07 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Company Recalls 8.7 Million Pounds Of Meat
- Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets
- Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due To Strangulation Hazard
- BebeLove Recalls Baby Walkers Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Agila Specialties Private Limited Recalls 10 Lots Of Etomidate Injection 2 mg/mL – 10 mL And 20 mL