The Consumer Corner - Written by Beasley Allen on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:55 - 127 Comments

Problems With Ford F-150 Window Regulators

vehicles use electric motors to turn the window regulators in models equipped with power windows. Certain model vehicles have had an inordinate amount of problems or failures with the window regulators, particularly the 2004 and 2005 model year trucks. Many consumers have complained of repeated and multiple failures of the window regulator in their F-150 vehicles. In fact, the website www.carcomplaints.com list the failed window regulators on the 2004 F-150 truck as number 13 of the top 20 most often reported vehicle complaints on its website. This website also has lodged over 200 complaints regarding window regulator problems with the 2005 F-150.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website reports over 140 complaints about the 2005 model year F-150 power windows alone. Even with all of these complaints to and NHTSA, has failed to issue a recall and has refused to reimburse vehicle owners for the cost of replacing the defective window regulators. Quite often, more than one replacement is required. Our firm is currently investigating these window regulator failures. If you or someone you know has had a failure of the window regulator in any model year F-150 vehicle, you can contact , a in our Consumer Fraud Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Bill.Hopkins@beasleyallen.com.

suri erninty
Sep 5, 2011 9:57

Hello,

My 2004 F-150 XLT drivers side window glass went down and would not come back up. I think it is the same issue which you mention in your note.
What can I do about this? Contact the above number and/or email which you mentioned in your note?

Thanks,
Suri

gARY kING
Sep 12, 2011 20:35

MY 2005 F150 DRIVER WINDOW REGULATOR JUST WENT BACK. $200 REPAIR COST

Marcus Wallace
Dec 17, 2011 18:59

There is a video on youtube that will save everyone a lot of money doing it wourself. Easy Easy repair..

tana ocker
Feb 6, 2012 16:30

We are in the process of replacing our last one,,,,the first window to go was the drivers front,,which we had replaced at Merchants tire for $275,, then the passenger rear window went we downloaded the instructions from youtube and bought the part for 160 dollars and replaced that one ourselves,,the next to go was the passenger front,,,we have a friend who works for an auto supply store so we got that one for 148 dollars,,,last week i was just driving down the interstate hadnt even used the window when the drivers side rear window slid down,,,i have it taped until we can get the part ordered…Its a 2004 F-150 with only 80 thousand miles on it,,,doesnt even do any work,,,its a womans truck,,,between these window motors and the emergency brake that went out twice and the brake replacement at 24000 mile i would like to say im not happy,,,but for the most part I am,,,i like my truck,,,i just dont like that ford thinks these things are not their responsability,,,,i have over 2400 dollars invested with the four window motors the emergency and brakes,,,but hey at least its all fixed and i shouldnt have to do it again

Frank
Feb 9, 2012 18:48

Have 2005 – F150. Have so far replaced both front window regulators. About 300 each. Was told at the last dealership that they have lots of problems with these and to keep my receipt in case there ever was a recall , I could get reimbursed. The truck only has 11,000. Of course it is 7 years old so I was out of pocket both times…

William
Feb 26, 2012 0:08

I purchased 2 new F150 trucks—-both were 2005 models at the end of the year might as well been 2006 models—–Both the electric back windows have gone out the first month I had them,just did not bother to take them back—–in the last couple months 2 electric front passenger and driver winows regulators went ou[600 bucks]—then one went out in the other truck.

Todd
Mar 9, 2012 22:26

I have an 05 FX4. Driver window has constant problems. I have replaced the regulator and switch. On my 2nd regulator replacement now.

Rhodema Cargill
Mar 25, 2012 20:11

We have a Ford F150 2005. Only 31,000 miles. 4 window motors have gone out. We have had to pay out of pocket to repair.

robin keller
Mar 26, 2012 11:45

I have a 2004 f150 with 22,000 miles on it and we have replaced every window in this truck, at our expense! its out of warranty by years obviously not by milage! They need to recall!!!

sam humphries
Mar 30, 2012 15:54

I have 2004 F150 Crew Cab and went out this morning to find the rear passenger door window all the way down. Thinking that I left it down I tried to raise it. Now I have experienced the 3rd regulator failure. Both rear doors and the driver door windows. I had the drivers door regulator replaced (not at the expensive Ford service center) but will leave the rear door broke. My remedy today was to push the window all the way up and place a small spiral hose clamp around one of the vertical members locking it in place. I also did not reconnect the regulator plug to the switch. Have owned many Fords and now own 3, this F150, a 03 Crown Vic (no longer made) and a 1916 model. Amazing how well Henry build the Model t and truly amazing that Ford cannot make a reliable vehicle today. Shame on Ford for treating its customers this way. Move over Ford, there will be a Check or Dodge in my future.

Charlie Witschey
Apr 6, 2012 13:52

I have a 2004 4 door F-150 Lariat. The drivers side front window regulator failed about 2 years ago and was replaced at a shop. In the last 3 month, all three of the others have failed. All while driving the truck and the window simply falls into the door. The cables are attached to plastic that cracks and the cable releases, if the switch if then depressed, the cable will break the pulley that is attached to the motor. Replacement parts are not available, only the entire regulator assembly and motor. What should be a 50 cent part is now $172 from the dealer.

Frank Clemente
Apr 16, 2012 7:37

Have an 2004 F 150. Only 18,000 miles. 2 regulators have gone. Had 1 replaced. Other went a few weeks ago. The window just fell down. Cable is all shreded. I don’t even use the window. It has benn up and down maybe 20 times in the years that I owned the truck!!! Took the panel off. Lifted the window shut. Put a block of wood under the windo and secured with 2 sheet metal screws. Not going to pay another $600 fror parts and labor. Ford won’t recall because it would be 4 regulators on each 4 door F150. Too expensive and bad publicity for their biggest seller.

Doug McElwain
May 1, 2012 5:46

2004 F150 Supercrew, original owner.
25,129 miles, driver’s window regulator failed, warranty.
37,478 miles, right front window regulator failed, right after warranty expired. $330.
53,374 miles, left rear window regulator failed. $365.
65,338 miles, right rear window regulator failed. $350.

Chris Carpenter
May 14, 2012 20:40

Just replaced drivers window regulator with a price tag of $256.00. I have a 2005 F150 and this is the 3rd regulator of 5 windows that have been replaced. I was lucky that the 1st two were covered under warranty. I have recently learned this is an on going problem for this year and model. I have been a Ford owner since my first vehicle but am looking into other makes and models. I realize that all manufacturers have issues and really thought Ford would step up to the plate and back their product and workmanship. Too bad they haven’t!

David Landgrebe
May 23, 2012 9:56

My 2004 F150 Supercrew has had the drivers side window fall into the door a couple of years ago while still under warranty. A few days ago the rear passenger window dropped down (no warranty now). I’ll be carrying some wood shims under the rear seat for the next one. At least that way you can make it home without the window wide open. Hopefully, they don’t drop while you are parked somewhere where you need a little more security than an open window.

David Westbrook Jr
May 23, 2012 16:05

Both front windows failed within 8 months of each other. Ford needs to step up to the plate clearly a recall issue.

Edward Brown
May 24, 2012 8:45

Same issue here. Didn’t realize this issue was so widespread. 2004 F-150 SuperCrew (61,000 miles) had rear passenger window fail 6 months ago and yesterday, the front passenger window has now failed (have plastic on door until I can get it repaired). This is unacceptable from Ford. Have owned many Ford vehicles through the years and have never experienced this many issues. Hate to say it, but my next truck might be a Tundra or Ridgeline.

Kathy
May 28, 2012 6:27

I have a Ford F150 2004 supercrew with 70,000 miles on it and I now have had 2 windows go down– passenger side front and driver side rear. I, too am a Ford fan and only bought Fords for 20 years. I also have a Focus. I am a 63 year old woman with no money- Ford – be ashamed

Karl
Jun 1, 2012 11:55

I purchased my Ford F150 Laredo Super Crew 4×4 truck new in October 2004

The truck has 90,000 miles on it
Today a window regulator failed for the 4th time

Both rear passenger windows have failed and I could probably count every time I’ve used those windows on one hand

I have a Styrofoam cup full of loose bolts i have found in my truck, from my truck
The Moon roof has failed 3 times, the roofliner is now stained and the car has a faint smell of mold
The rubber trim around the window wipers is warped
The cd player gave up 2 years ago
the doorjam on the drivers side rattles
the plastic sleeve on the gearshift has “slipped” off 3x (they have to remove the entire shifter to correct)

My first car was a 1983 Ford Ranger when I was 16
I have since owned 3 more Rangers and 4 Explorers
Was thinking of buying a Shelby Mustang; thought better of it….
My 2004 F150 was my last Ford purchase

I am through with Ford; quality is most definitely not in their vocabulary, though they may know how to spell it…..

Tim
Jun 7, 2012 11:06

Don’t feel bad, owner of a 2008 F150, drivers side window goes down wont go up, happens intermittenly. Looks like ford engineering at its best. After all the other problems this is probably my last f150.

JT Moir
Jun 8, 2012 17:05

2005 ford f150- At 40,000 miles my drvers window fell into the door and it was so loud I almost wrecked. Cost me over $300 for a new regulator. Now my passenger front and left rear windows have fallen into to door. My family hates to ride in my truck because they get rained on etc. Ford says they will log my complaint but no solution at this time. So frustrating to keep having to try to put block it with something or tape the window. It never holds. I dont have the money for these repairs.

Jack Wolfe
Jun 10, 2012 11:51

Love my 2004 f-150 4×4 ,Bought it used ,back windows never worked so i finally got time to check them out ,Both are held up by vise-grips .Henry Ford would roll over in his grave, Next time Tundra

Ralph Vazquez
Jun 13, 2012 18:49

Today my first driver window regulator failed, i have had the truck since 07 and its an 04 supercrew. I bought it used but it was like straight out of the dealer. My truck has not given me any problems until today. I am very dissapointed to find out everyone else is having problems too. I will probably be replacing this on my own since it is not that difficult, but it is pricey.

Jerry Goertz
Jun 15, 2012 13:15

I have a 2004 Supercrew with 84,000 miles on it. I just had the left rear window fall down. Pulled the dooor panel off and found the cables all rapped up around the motor and pulley. What a piece of shit design. This has been my first problem with the windows-I guess I’m lucky compared to others.
I also had to replace both heads and cams at 37,000 miles. I have been a ford owner for years, but may not be much longer.

Carl n Stacey Dalton
Jun 25, 2012 13:35

2005 ford f-150 super crew cab and both front regulators went out and are zip tied up and we are having to pay out of pocket 600.plus tax who just has that kind of cash just laying around with a family of 5:o(

Lou Gomez
Jun 28, 2012 10:52

I am on my 5th. window regulator. I have spoken to Ford quite a few times in the past 6 years. They keep insisting that there are no reports with problem about the regulators. I told that they are full of it. I have done my research on the internet and it seems that there are thousands of compaints about the proble. They are the only ones that can not accept it. Reason why? It going to cost Ford money.

Wade Pugh
Jun 30, 2012 17:37

I have a 2004 ford f150 had a window regulator go out a few months ago and just now driving back from Georgia had another one go out if something doesn’t happen I will never buy a ford again this is crazy it only has 55000 miles on it

Steve Minson
Jul 3, 2012 14:25

I will be replacing my fourth regulator today. The first three to go out were all replace by the dealership costing around 450 dollars each. I will be replacing this one after some research hopefully for alot less.

Dennis Darling
Jul 3, 2012 16:05

I purchased a used 2004 Ford F150 about a month ago. It was only a couple of days after I drove the vehicle off the lot that the front passenger side window would not roll down from the drivers side, but would if you were sitting in the passenger seat. Then, yesterday a couple of minutes after I left my home to run to the store the front drivers side window just dropped. I am hoping they don’t find that the window is broken when the new regulator is installed. Here we go again. I should have bought a used Tundra!

Joe Cota
Jul 5, 2012 17:06

Just had the same thing happen to me. I bought a used Ford 150 Triton Crew Cab just a few months ago. Hadn’t used the back window, left back side passenger, but only a few times. Got in my truck today and lowered it down to release the heat. It wouldn’t go back up. Took it into a Ford Dealership today and it cost me $450 parts and labor. The Service Tech admitted they have had numerous compliants about them going bad. I am NOT a happy camper!

deborah coker
Jul 11, 2012 9:03

have a 2005 ford xlt my windows also out scared be to death sounded like gun shots called ford they wanted to charge me to tell what was wrong i told them what was wrong d a there was no recall yet so my truck is in gargae for now one went out memorail day of this year and about aweek later the other one i agreed ford needs to recall this is not right

Jamie Matt
Jul 13, 2012 12:15

I have a Ford F150 Lariat extended cab with about 160,000 and the front passenger side window regulator broke a few days ago. We riding down the road and we heard a Big Bang against the passenger door. I asked my son who was in the passenger seat if something had hit the door. Almost like someone had thrown a baseball at full speed against the door. About 10 minutes later he went to roll down the window and it dropped and stayed there. I’m in the process of either fixing myself or have someone else do it.

Jamie Matt
Jul 13, 2012 12:17

I forgot to put the year of my truck in the post, it’s a 2005.

Andrew F
Jul 20, 2012 7:25

I also have a 2004, Ford F-150, FX4 – the passenger side rear window regulator broke around 80K miles (the window dropped completely down with a loud bang) – $350 out of pocket repair. Yesterday (110K) the driver side rear window did the same thing. Probably going to be another $300+ out of pocket. This is absolutely ridiculous that Ford will not recall these vehicles. How many more people have to spend their hard earned money before Ford takes responsibility for this flaw. I guess its going to have to cause a wreck/fatality before they can be forced to do something.

Jerry Price
Jul 20, 2012 15:01

I have a 2004 Ford F150 XLT. I bought it 2 years ago and within 2 months the driver side window did this and I had to spend 200.00 to fix it. Yesterday my passenger side window did the same thing….REALLY????

Robert Villa
Jul 20, 2012 16:24

2005 f150 King Ranch

It`s a shame the Ford company will not help it`s customers, most by all the rest of these Emails were loyal ford buyers. But now sounds like they will lose a lot of customers down the road to toyota or other truck makers. Mine did the same thing the passenger side window just fell and I wanted to see how much the part would be or get a manual on how to fix.
Sounds like this problem is out of control and ford should be ashamed of this product being used on their best selling vehicle.

Eric C
Jul 21, 2012 15:49

We bought our son a 2005 F150 and he loves it but he just called today to say his passenger rear window went down and quit working. His rear driver side quit working shortly after we bought the truck. He took it to a Mechanic while he was at school and told it would cost $400 to fix it. I have been looking online to see what I need to get to fix and have come across numerous problems with the window regulators in the Ford F150. I hope we are able to find the replacement parts and then put it in.

Beverly J.
Jul 25, 2012 6:40

Wow! I had no idea that these window regulators breaking was a wide-spread problem. I have a 2004 F-150 XLT. Yesterday while leaving work, I accidently pressed the back driver’s side window. I pressed the button to close the window and the window would not move, but the motor was running. In the process of driving home, the window dropped all the way into the door. Due to the bad vibration noise with just one back window down, I cracked the front passenger side window for the drive home. Once home, I tried to close passenger window, and to my AMAZEMENT, that window would not go up either, but slowly dropped down into the door. WHAT’S UP, FORD!!! Sounds like this is fixing to cost me a lot of money!
I DEMAND A RECALL!!! Ford is fixing to hear from me!!! This is also a lady-owned truck, and not a hard-working truck!

Suzanne A
Jul 25, 2012 16:22

I have had three of my window regulators go out in the past 4 years. My 8 year old son (I am a mom) and I were trying to save the money and do it ourselves – thanks youtube! Unfortunately, the part that is listed for 2004 models is not the part that fits my truck. I am now in search for the part and may have to break down and go to the dealership. I’m really not interested in giving Ford anymore of my money.
Please feel free to contact me regarding any legal matters.

Mike Roberts
Jul 30, 2012 11:22

I just came home from a nice weekend off to see my Driver’s side rear window down in my driveway. Went to roll it up, sure didn’t work, now I have done the research to find this is a huge problem with 2004 supercrew fords. I have 82000 miles on mine, bought it used from the dealer about 6 months ago. Also put in a nice GPS/In dash DVD combo which is luckily still in tact now that my truck was unsecure for three days. This obviously needs to be a recall item. Called O’reillys, getting the part for 130 and spending all of my next weekend workin on install. The problem is that I dont know when my next window is just going to drop allowing anyone to reach into my truck wherever it may be.

michael m
Jul 31, 2012 0:44

My driver side regulator went out about 2 months ago. Had it fixed at the dealer. Now my passenger rear window is out. I bought this truck brand new and only has 52,000 miles on it its a 2005 F150 xlt supercrew.

Tim Beaver
Aug 1, 2012 7:36

Im a mechanic. I worked on a few of these regulators for people. You can buy a used one for $125 but with my labor charge @ $20 an hour it usually runs close to $200 for repairs. Ford needs to pull their heads out of their arse. I’m a Chevy owner myself. Have owned chevys since I was a kid. Now for sure I can say Fords are junk. This is rediculas that they can’t recall the parts and replace them with something better. Iv seen a few people day they wanted a Tundra. Toyota isn’t much better. Their windows might work but mechanically isn’t all that great. Back to working on this 04 Ford F150.

tanon
Aug 4, 2012 8:42

I too am on my third leg or should I say it, ” Window”. Now I’m running around town trying to have it fixed because FORD wants to jam me with a $489.00 dollar bill. Not cool.
Ford states that the regulator comes with the motor attached (one piece). Too sick to continue….

Leona
Aug 6, 2012 15:13

I bought my 2005 Ford used, so I am not sure if it has had a replacement before, however, I have to take it to the shop tomorrow.

Leona
Aug 7, 2012 10:31

Well just came back from by appointment. Yup, you guessed it; It’s the window regulator. $250.00 OUCH!!!

Brendan
Aug 10, 2012 11:30

My 2005 F-150 Supercrew is in the shop as I write this for a window regulator replacement. This is the 3rd one to break. The repair cost has always been in the $400 range. This repair is estimated at $435 with the actual regulator costing $215 and the rest being labor. That is over $1200 in window regulator repair costs. I never had any problems like this on the 1999 Isuzu Trooper I traded in on this truck. Three out of four window regulators needing to be replaced on the same vehicle and Ford doesn’t think there is a problem? Don’t even get me started on the 2005 5.4 liter Triton engine.

T
Aug 11, 2012 8:53

This week I had to have the dealer replace my second window regulator in my 04 F 150. The first one went out at 30,000 miles. I was driving on the freeway and the glass on the driver’s side window suddenly dropped down into the door. This week the passenger side window did the same thing at only 34,000 miles. Obviously a defect but Ford won’t do anything about it and won’t offer a recall. Reading other comments online I see I can look forward to the other windows doing the same thing. Sure hope a class action suit is filed against them. Any rational person can see that this shouldn’t happen repeatedly on vehicles with such low mileage.

David
Aug 12, 2012 18:24

Add me to the list. My 2005 King Ranch with only 52k miles is sitting in the parking lot with its second dropped window. Wanted to keep this truck for years but just tired of the shoddy quality of this product. And I doubt I’ll buy another Ford because of this problem….

Anyone want to buy a 2005 King Ranch, let me know….

danny lopez
Aug 13, 2012 0:30

Im in the process of repairing front left and rear right on my 2005 f150

mike prince
Aug 15, 2012 8:26

I have an F-150 crew cabI have had the Driver side front and rear window regulators replaced under my extended warranty $100 co-pay each time. I now have the front Passenger side regulator fail and I will be replacing this myself as it is now out of warranty ~$130 or so plus my time.

L. Scott
Aug 16, 2012 14:35

I have a 2004 Ford F150, purchased 2006. I’ve had issues with the power windows in this truck for years, but nothing I couldn’t live with. Yesterday, the rear driver side window fell down and would not go back up. Motor runs but nothing happens. Repair cost… $439 for regulator. Why so much to replace a window that’s not even shattered???!!! smh…

Rick
Aug 18, 2012 19:19

After a loud bang my driver side window on my 2005 Ford F150 Lariat Super Cab fell down inside the door. Only 65000 miles on it. Went to power it up only to hear crunching noises no window movement. I knew this was a problem from research I did for another well known issue(faulty fuel injectors). Called my local Ford Dealer, Sound, just out side Seattle WA. Only to be told they needed to charge me $160 + to diagnose the problem and an additional $460+ to repair it if it is the regulator

rwright
Aug 20, 2012 6:59

I purchased a used F150 Super Crew cab. My drivers side widow started having a a problem going up. Now i see thats its a common problem. With an expensive repair! What a deal. Ford should fix this. Ill be replacing the motor and the truck if this happens again.

G Thompson
Aug 20, 2012 13:45

Passenger front window on my 2005 f150 crew cab went out first about 2 years ago and then last year drivers side front window went out and then yesterday, the passenger rear window fell down so, here we go again.

TMiller
Aug 20, 2012 20:42

My 2004 passenger window regulator failed once under warranty. A second regulator was installed about three years ago. I just ordered a third regulator assembly tonight. It will probably cost Ford my next truck purchase. In fact, I hate to admit it, but I actually looked at Chevy and Toyota trucks today all over this window issue. It is a saftey and security issue, not just an inconvenience…

Will McDonald
Aug 23, 2012 11:29

2004 F 150

I don’t see how Ford can look the public in the eye after numerous complaints in regards to this matter. My pickup just lost its second rear window regulator. I’m not a business owner and don’t profess to know the first thing about running one but, one would think that the concern of repeat customers or the lack thereof would have a significant effect on shareholder confidence. Ford will never see another dollar from me as long as I live.

Gordo
Aug 28, 2012 19:16

2005 Ford f150 supercrew lariat

My back window regulator went out a few months back, but at least it was in the shut position. My front driver’s side door window regulator went out yesterday. I am leaving tomorrow, so needed a quick fix and took it to Cerritos Ford for service. I just picked it up and they charged me $490. I had gone online and looked at the internet cost and couldn’t find one over $90 with most being around $50. When I asked the service clerk why I was being charged so much, he said it was because it was a better product than after market. I said, “Soo, you mean it doesn’t break then?” He said yes, so I asked him why mine broke then. He didn’t have an answer.

PS. They also said its warranty is 30 days. Nice confidence it their product. This is one of the reasons you don’t take your car in for service to the dealer.

Jeff Smith
Sep 1, 2012 5:25

Just had my driver’s side replaced in a 2005 F150. $344.00/39,000 miles

Matt Ridenour
Sep 3, 2012 5:42

I have a 2004 F150 – original owner, less than 10,000 miles. In 2006 the drivers window would not come back up; it was the regulator. Now, during this past Friday night, the passenger window apparently dropped into the door (the truck was parked), and then it rained. What a mess. I’ll be taking it in for repair tomorrow. Other than that, I love my truck.

Steve Bruning
Sep 3, 2012 11:52

Driver’s side window on my 2004 FX4 F-150 slid down into door Friday night on it’s own. What a pain! Googled my problem and ran across 2 excellent videos to show you how to replace the window regulator. I half way know what I am doing mechanically, but by no means an expert on car maintenance. These YouTube videos show you step by step how to fix the problem yourself. After spending $90 at O’Reilly’s and about an hour and a half of my time, I am back on the road. It really is not that hard of a fix. Don’t give your money to the dealers. They will RIP YOU OFF!

Austin
Sep 9, 2012 20:31

Well I have a 05 crew cab 150 and all 4 regulators have gone out and each time has costed me over 200 at two rivers ford.. During around the second window reg replacement my windows got to where they wouldnt roll up or down with driver door open? Well I have spent enought money and time into windows so I shrugged it off and now for a short period of time it was complete opposite and still I shrugged it off.. But now not one window will roll up or down!! I have had 5 F-150s in my life, paid 44,000 for this one and this crap happens without ford even offering any warranty.. I’m pretty pissed

Brandon Henley
Sep 11, 2012 21:22

2005- -150 King Ranch…… Was driving this afternoon and all of a sudden thought someone had throwed a FN rock at my truck and realized the damn drivers side window had just fell out of site. I paid about 50,000 grand for this truck back then the time you throw all the bs taxes in this and that in. I have 47,000 miles on this truck! It is lifted 6 inches with 35 on 20′s and let me tell ya it sucks the gas! Lets just say its my sunday truck my little 2000 tacoma 159,000 miles only problem i ever had out of it was a bad spark plug!!!!!! i have put every mile on this yota!!! Ford needs to get off their lazy ass and start recalling tis problem. Everyone is sick of this junk!!!!

Houston, Texas
Sep 12, 2012 16:41

I have a F150 FX4, so far I have replaced the driver side regulator. Now I my driver side rear window will roll down, but will not come back up. I was told by dealership it would be an easy 425.00 to have regulator replace. The dealership closes to my location is AC Collins Ford. I very leary about them as always. I was once told that both my catalytic convertors would need relacing. After taking truck to 2 different places for their opinions, I was told that there was nothing wrong with cataytic convertors. I would for once like to find a place that does not try gouge you for every penny in your pocket!

Bernie
Sep 13, 2012 21:02

I have a 05 F150, so far only my front passenger window has been affected. Like many have posted, I rolled the window down one day and heard a loud “pop”. Got home tried to roll it up, the motor was going, but nothing happened. This issue is way too common! Good thing it’s a simple replacement (should take an hr or two max). The part, however, is of cheap quality, and is waaaay overpriced. The spark plug issue is something else I’m not looking forward to.

GET IT TOGETHER FORD!

MIke
Sep 14, 2012 13:34

I have an 2004 ford Super Crew Lariat that I purchased new and babied ever since i brought it home. The truck has 36,000 miles on it and the third window regulator went bad on my way home from work yesterday, Today while at the dealership being repaired the fourth window regulator failed. This one had been replaced in 2010 and is of course not covered under the 12 month parts warrenty. This is especially frustrating because I was deployed with the military and the truck was in storage form all but a few months of this time period.

Mike F
Sep 15, 2012 8:54

I have a 2004 Super Crew that has been garage kept and less than 34,000 miles. Last week, my second window regulator has failed. The first one failed with the left front window one month after the 36 month warranty expired. For took car of the replacement.

Now with the recent failure, I have lost the left rear regulator. I called Ford and that stated there is no recall or know problems. I started searching prices for parts today online and noticed all the complaints. Its dissapointing to see there is no action taken by Ford. My son will be driving in 6 months and I will be purchasing a new truck so that he can have my 04 F150. I was set on buying the new F150, but after reading all these complaints and no action by Ford, you can be assured that I will not be buying a new F150.

Darwin Vanhook
Sep 16, 2012 18:19

i’m in the process of changing my fourth regulator 2004 f 150

Harrison H
Sep 27, 2012 7:40

I have a 2005 F-150 Lariat Crew. 123k miles. First time a regulator has failed. Front driver side. Heard crunching and grinding and then a popping sound. Window would not go back up. Took to dealer. Said cable snapped. Needed to leave truck there. Did not have part in stock. Had to overnight. $420.95 for part and labor!!! Will do myself if the issue ever happens again based on the information I have found over the web.

Marc C.
Sep 27, 2012 18:48

I just installed my new motor/regulator assembly for the front passenger window. ($124.99+tax) It rolls down, but will not roll back up. I’ve checked the switch, and swapped it with the back passenger window switch that still works, and it still doesn’t go up. I have no clue as to what could be wrong with it. This is my 2nd Ford Truck in ownership. The first being a 1979. I REALLY NEED ADVISE!!!

Angie
Sep 29, 2012 9:33

I have sent and email about our 2004 Ford F-150. I hope that Mr Hopkins is able to make some headway with Ford and make them take responsibility for this problem.

Thanks for posting.

John
Oct 1, 2012 17:54

I have relaced my 2004 drivers side regulator twice and the right side has now broken. This is not something that can be replaced, the replacement part is the same plastic junk as what is already in there. Ford needs to recall and make a replacement that is up to the job. Last Ford I will ever purchase, they are a bad company htat does NOT stand behind their products like they advertise.

Charles
Oct 5, 2012 16:55

I also have the 2004 F-150 and if I recall I about to replace the 4th regulator this time the rear passenger window. It seems the Ford would be willing to produce a truck and after the fact have this many complaints they would help us all. They have enjoyed great profits in recent years you would think helping those of us who helped them make their profits could get help.

Kelly
Oct 10, 2012 16:14

The driver’s side window in my 2004 F-150 just fell down to the inside of the door on the way home from work tonight. I guess I’m lucky it didn’t happen in January when it’s 10 below here in Iowa. I’m also having peeling paint on the hood of the truck which the auto body shop told me is also a common problem with 2004 F-150′s. Wonderful!

dave
Oct 12, 2012 7:27

Both driver’s side and passenger window regulators have been replaced due to failure within the last 6 months truck has 110000 miles on it.

Robert6298
Oct 14, 2012 11:01

My 06 ford driver window just crapped out

David
Oct 15, 2012 14:14

The driver side window on my 2005 F 150 just suddenly dropped into the doorframe the other day. Im trying to figure out how to fix the problem now. I know the motor still works, I just have to pull the dooor panel off to investigate and see if I can fix it without it costing an arm and a leg! I also have problems with the coil packs on this motor. I am getting really frustrated. I want to trade it in for a chevy!

Barry
Oct 17, 2012 5:39

This is the second experience with the poorly designed window regulators in my 2005 F150. The first time on the passenger side, the window just came down without any warning or even touching anything around it. Didn’t have a clue about what was going on!!! This time on the driver side, I knew immediately what was happening. I work on the road and it sure makes it a huge problem for me. THANKS FORD!!! My next truck will be a chevy!!!

JTaylor
Oct 18, 2012 15:50

I have a 2004 F150 supercab and I will be going tomorrow to purchase my SECOND regulator assembly in less than 2 years. I replaced the first myself as I will the second. Still hard to believe that Ford will not do anything about this. I have even asked the guys at the dealership what could be the cause of this issue and they have no comment.
All together this is an issue that has cost me over $300 and not to mention the time!

Riley
Oct 26, 2012 19:14

I have a 2004 Lariat 4×4. Have replaced three of the four regulators and just had the fourth one go out. Going to have to replace it now. Paid around $300 for each one so far. Ridiculous.

joe
Oct 31, 2012 11:56

well i seee this bull $h!t happens alot my windows just dont work no up no down regulater????????

joe
Oct 31, 2012 11:58

oh yeah its a lariat as well 2004
junkkkkkkk should have stuck with chevy like i wanted but the wifes get what they want

Doug
Nov 3, 2012 19:22

I have a 2005 FX4 F-150 4X4 Supercab Flareside with only 5200 miles on it. This thing stays in my garage all the time and has rarely been driven. Today at Oklahoma/Kansas state line, I rolled the drivers side front window down for a few seconds and pushed the button to roll the window back up. When the window reached the top something poped in the door and the window fell. Had to drive from damn near Kansas to Red River without a drivers side window in November! Not very happy with my shiney Ford…..

Randy Judd
Nov 7, 2012 17:51

I have a 2005 F-150 Supercab, XLT loaded and I am very disapointed to be reading all this. The only reason I’m reading all this is because I shut my door and without warning the driverside window fell all the way down into the door cavity. Needless to say I was shocked. Surfing to find a remedy. This is my 5th F-150 and may be my last. I sure hope someone can get Ford off thier butts and own up to the issue and dothe right thing.

Bonnie Drake
Nov 10, 2012 21:35

Ford F150 2005: Biggest peice of CRAP on the market ! Just had engine replaced for issues related to so called damage from using certified aftermarket oil filter. Seems it’s a common problem Ford refuses to accept responsibility. Not even 3,000 miles later & the bang of the window dropping down into the door………LEMON !

Michael
Nov 10, 2012 21:40

Well my 2nd one one my passenger door failed today. I noticed when I first got the truck that a black substance would appear on the middle of the windows when I rolled them up. 1st one broke about 3 years ago. Not used much. I bet its the 1st time in 5 months I have even used that window.

Doug
Nov 13, 2012 10:38

I posted on Nov. 3 with my experience with 2005 FX4. Not that this is much consilation. However, mechanic and parts house guy both said it is not just Ford and it is not just pickups. Is supposedly happening in Chevys too and SUV ‘s and small cars alike. Happened to ex-wife on new SUV with the car sitting in parking lot. ;-(

CJ
Nov 19, 2012 7:05

I feel the pain of everyone in this forum that had/has suffered with the Ford F150 power window regulator failure. On November 10, 2012 I was out of town visiting family. As I was backing out of my mom’s driveway I lowered my passenger side window to speak to my sister. When I attempted to raise the window I heard a loud popping sound and the window would not raise. I found a Ford dealer on the Internet, however their service department closed at 1 pm and it happened to be 12:55 pm…no way was I going to make it before they closed. So off to Wal-Mart I went to buy some heavy duty clear plastic so I could tape the window. I searched on the Internet to see what the cost would be for the dealer to replace the window regulator and to say the least I wasn’t thrilled so I searched for a “How to” replace the power window requlator myself and came across several videos…seemed to be pretty easy and straightforward. So after doing some research and locating the correct replacement power window regulator, I submitted my order. The window regulator cost $87.93 when I purchased it on Amazon. Saturday November 18, 2012 I replaced the window regulator without any problems and am happy to say everything works like new again.

Vehicle: Ford F150 SuperCrew
Year: 2006
Miles: 70,000
Purchased vehicle new from dealer November 2005
Window regulator replaced: Front passenger side
Window regulator model and part number: Dorman 741-429 Ford Truck Front Passenger Side Power Window Regulator with Motor

Derrik
Nov 22, 2012 1:01

Same thing here I have had three of the 4 on my 05 f150 5.4 if owed fords and been a fan my hole live but this 05 and all the same widespread problems people are having popping up all over forum boards everywhere you look and yet still ford won’t own up and recall I’m now $4000 pluss into this truck with 140000 km not miles wow not the same ford I grew up to I think this is and will be my last ford ever unless they recall which will not happen I mean its 2012 and nothing if you got a minit look up the fuel pump controle modual it needs a recall to it get massevly corroded and stops working I seen to many post on it and I won’t get to far into it look it up you’ll find all kinds of info on it but all and all ford you failed horribly and I can say right now you lost out on any future business with me and I’m sure there’s a hole list of others wow ford what a fail

Rob
Dec 3, 2012 20:15

Just replaced my third window regulator on my 2004 F-150. Two years ago I paid about $375 with labor. Today, $500. Wish I would have seen the you-tube videos earlier. I could have at least saved $213 in labor. This will be my last Ford. It’s a shame because I’m otherwise happy with the truck.

Andy
Dec 4, 2012 15:28

Purchased new in 04, my F150 crew cab now has new operators on all four doors, Good thing the rear window isn’t powered. All repairs done at the local dealer at a cost of $400+ per window. I have been told that any future repairs of these windows will be at the dealers cost. (A common practice on repairs at the dealer). Do not understand why the dealer can guarentee new operators and Ford has not deemed to fess up and take care of this one. At this point I am upset enough with Ford to never buy another of their produces. I will say that very few other problems encountered. I figure the two rear windows were operated maybe twenty times during my ownership of this truck. Also it only has low 30,000 miles on it.

Doug Clark
Dec 4, 2012 23:32

Guess what broke today on my 2004 F150. I was opening the drivers door and heard a noise that sounded like the glass was breaking. Window would go down but would not go up after that. Makes a funny grinding sound when activated. This truck only has 30,000 miles on it. You would think Ford could do better than this.
Also I was pretty damn mad to buy an American truck to find all theses metric fasteners on it.
NEXT time I’ll stay with Toyota. I have driven their cars for the last 20 years or so and love ‘em.

Trevor
Dec 5, 2012 18:51

I’ve got a 2004 F150 with 45,000 miles on it and the same problem listed above just happened to me… I haven’t taken it in yet to see exactly what’s wrong with it, but I’m pretty pissed already looking at the prices everyone’s listing. Rolled it down and tried to roll it back up and no success.

pete buttacavoli
Dec 6, 2012 0:40

Last week i was in line at the car wash and heard a loud noise i looked out my passenger window in my 2004 f-150 truck and the window was gone. Now i hear all the problems with the window regulators that FORD will not recall it’s really too bad because i really liked FORD. NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geo smith
Jan 1, 2013 15:07

drivers side electric window fell to bottom of door on my 2004 f150 . not happy with FORD. next truck will be a different brand. shame on you Ford this happened in Dec. 20012 truck had 58 th. miles on it .

Graham Knott
Jan 1, 2013 19:03

I own a 2004 F-150 crew cab and all 4 of my window regulators have failed. The truck has about 120,000 miles on it.

sam humphries
Jan 4, 2013 16:54

I have replaced the driver window regulator assembly on my 05 F150 crew cab. Both of the rear regulator assemblies have failed and at 400.00 each I made them inoperable.

Have only 42k miles.

John B
Jan 6, 2013 15:53

2004 SuperCrew 4wd just lost its 2nd power window regulator. 1st one – drivers side front failed in 2010 $280. Today’s failure is passenger side rear. Can’t wait to see the replacement cost on this one.
On another Ford failure prone item:
We had a 100000 mile tune up performed on this vehicle at the dealer and were wary of the outcome due to the failure/break prone spark plugs. The dealer even stated that the plugs were a sore spot for them and Ford. Plugs in cylinder #1 and #2 broke during removal but the dealer said there were able to use their special extraction process and tools to get the plugs completely removed.

A little over a year later we opted to replace the 5.4L 3 valve Triton engine that showed #1 and #2 cylinders failed at 120,000 miles of blacktop/highway miles only with on time/religious oil and filter changes. Suspicions of debris being left in the cylinders during the plug breakages were discussesd with the dealer but the dealer would not entertain the notion. The dealer offered us $5k with the blown engine for trade in value. OEM engine with 3yr/36k mile warranty installed for $8k with 3 weeks of the dealer saying it was ready to be picked up but each time we went to pick it up it was smoking like tire afire. The 4th time we made the trip to pick it up the smoking was resolved and the dealer stated a vacuum line had been pinched during the engine swap. Having a hard tiem understanding why their high tech diagnostic devices wouldn’t be able to clue them in on that and keep them out of hot water with a customer who wasted three trips to pick up a vehicle that clearly was not ready for the road for over 4 weeks total. The last trip they offered a rental if we were not satisfied; however, the smoking was resolved so we took the truck home to find an oil leak in the driveway the next morning. We took it twice to get the oil leak resolved to no avail. The third time I demanded they come pick up the vehicle from my drive way and bring the rental to leave with us. They complied. The oil leak was finally fixed after I told them where it was coming from.Today’s service departments and technicians are not a Ford bright spot either.

On a more positive Ford note; we have a 1997 2wd short bed F150 with 220,000 miles on it. It needed universal/ball joints replaced and a transmission flush at 70k miles. Total cost was $1700. I thought the world was ending when the dealer informed me that transmissions are not cleaned of metal chips after machining. The blower motor failed at about 6 years and cost $400 to replace. The passenger side power window regulator failed at 14 yrs and cost $200 to replace. Other than that this vehicle has been the anchor of our stable. Too bad F took their eyes off the ball in 2004 when they started the new line and went away from their Heritage series.

My family has owned many Fords over the years since 1965 and until I came of age to own a Ford there were no problems that forced family owners to take their trucks to the dealer for repair. It was dealer service at the most back when they really built them to last. Now it lookslike they build them to be last.

Wesley Nelson
Jan 6, 2013 19:45

Already have had 3 power window regulators replaced, 2 on driver side and 1 on passager side. First one under warranty, and the last 2out of my own pocket at 200 dollars for each windows. Only have 63,000 mies on truck. Talking to my mech these regulator are weak compaired to the older style regulator. When the regulator brakes the window falls down inside the door and there is no way to secure the truck from break ins.

Roger Maier
Jan 13, 2013 10:34

I have a 2004 F150. Replace the first one under warranty, the second cost me $250 and the third just dropped yesterday.

mrs trejo
Feb 13, 2013 11:48

same thing happend to me, I replaced the moter for the window on drivers side to go up and down,and now my widow fell down.the glass is not broken ,but it won’t go up.uuugghh!!

Michelle
Feb 18, 2013 22:44

We will be taking my husband’s 2004 F-150 to our mechanic tomorrow for a 3rd power window regulator replacement. Each repair around $300.00.

David Kelley
Mar 13, 2013 14:03

2004 F150 Supercrew, 102,000 miles, just got the truck out of the shop for a 100,000 mile maintenance and new front brakes. I was driving it to town, rolled down the D/S rear window slightly from the D/S button and then it failed to come back up. This is my wifes truck and is only used to get feed and groceries once a week so its definitely not abused. It appears the motor failed but I went ahead and the regulator & motor @ $120 online, Ford wanted $240 just for the part. I installed the new part and it initally worked, then failed to close the window again. I can’t return it because the warranty doesn’t cover “electrical”. Just ordered another one from a different company $90. Waiting to receive the 2nd one. Why is there not a class action lawsuit on this to get Ford to own up to it?

Lew Baker
Apr 19, 2013 19:54

2004 XLT regular cab 48,800 miles non work truck.. Brakes had to be repaired 1 1/2 years ago. Driver’s side window regulator failed 1 year ago and was replaced with O Reiley Auto Parts unit ($93.00) with guidance by You Tube video. Passenger side window regulator failed recently and was replaced with JC Whitney unit ($104.00). I have always owned Ford pickups and have generally been satisfied but never had the failures of the 2004 F-150. I intend to buy a new 2013-14 F-150 XLT in the future.I sincerely hope Ford has made some improvements in the problem areas.

Dwayne Waterman
Jun 9, 2013 7:56

I have 2005 super crew lariat. 160,000 miles. Front passenger side went out last weekend. Watched the video on YouTube and spent $60 for the regulator. Took about an hour. I will not buy another ford.

Robert Menard
Jun 21, 2013 13:55

I own a 2004 F150 Lariat 43,000 miles and changed the front passenger side window regulator about 1 year ago and yesterday my front driver’s side window regulator went bad. The window just DROPS from no support and my truck has not been used in about 1 week. This is really a cheap product that Ford has put on their vehicles and should make it good.

Wayne
Jul 8, 2013 14:43

I have a 2005 F150 crew cab. I have had the windows fall down in the doors (6) times. (Every window once and two windows twice). First and last Ford for me.

Chris
Jul 12, 2013 12:26

2005 F150 with 60,000 miles, I have now replaced ALL 4 regulators on this truck at a cost of $400 each (california….) Seems to me that with all the KNOWN problems with this part that Ford needs to Man up and take care of there customers!

Kenneth
Jul 12, 2013 12:27

2005 F-150 had to replace driver regulator at a little over 100K and at 143K now passenger side broke. Same as many, window just drops. The first one was about 350 or so to fix.

John
Jul 21, 2013 10:37

Well I decided to join the list, not that it will do much good but you never know for sure.
I am now in the process of replacing the third window regulator. F-150, 2005. Only 30K miles, not that the miles really matters much.
First the passenger front went out a few years ago. Next went the drivers window while I was out of state and the wife had it fixed for about 3X what it cost for the part but I wasn’t there so what do you do? Now the driver side passenger window regulator dropped the window, with the wife driving again, on a nice hot summer day.
The problem with the first and last and pretty sure of the middle failures was the cheap ass plastic part that holds the cables onto the window support/glides. What a piece of poor engineering this is. Unless you feel that you can make money from the replacement parts and labor. Then it’s a good deal for the dealer.

Replacement part $200 or so for Motorcraft or around $50 for aftermarket.

Keith
Jul 25, 2013 6:33

Going to today to replace my third window regulator on my 2004 F-150 Fx4. The sad thing about it, is it happened as soon as I pulled into the Ford dealership for only an oil change. (Go Figure) I was really wanting to purchase a F-250 now that I have purchased a travel trailer. Due to Ford not standing behind their product I will be moving over to the Toyota family for my next purchase of a pickup truck. YOUR LOST FORD!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Bachmann
Jul 26, 2013 16:59

2004 F-150 Supercrew 4×4 Lariat…bought it new and currently 165K miles. Driver front window regulator went out two years ago and passenger rear went out today. Over $300 per window for parts and labor.

barry worthington
Aug 2, 2013 16:16

2005 fx4 4 door left front window regulator bad dealer sold me wrong part? looks like one for a 2 door what a cheap peace of crap regulator wish it was the one he sold me no cables already had rear diff overhauled at 11000 miles trans at 28000 it has 65000 now what’s next 5.4 l motor ac makes moneing noise

jeannie mcguire
Aug 22, 2013 12:04

Got in my truck leaving work and heard a pop sound int he passenger side of truck sounded as if someone hit my truck. next thiing driving down the highway the window on the passenger side fell and could not get rolled back up . :(

Christine
Sep 2, 2013 14:39

I’m about to have to replace my 3rd window regulator. I’m so sick of this problem. When will ford do something about this. I have a 2002 f150 already replaced both passenger front and back now the driver sideos going out.

Justin
Oct 15, 2013 16:09

Just replaced my 3rd window regulator in my 2004 F150 and I’m sure the 4th isn’t far behind. Probably won’t buy another Ford again.

Robert Brown
Oct 17, 2013 7:55

I purchased a 2004 ford f-150 back in March 2010 from car max. I even purchased the extended warranty that doesn’t last to long but it lasted long enough for the drivers side regulator to go up. I took it to Norris Ford on Merritt Blvd and not one time did they mentioned that the truck was having several complaints about the regulator going bad. I asked questions like how many regulator have you had to replace on F-150′s and they said about three or four. I found out that they had in fact serviced many more than 3 or 4.Now it’s 2013 and the passenger side regulator has gone bad as well. Yes this is a BIG PROBLEM and FORD definitely needs to have a recall to fix all bad regulators. with all the money they are making selling them it should not be a problem.

ROBERT MENARD
Oct 27, 2013 21:20

I own a 2004 F150 Lariat and my Back Driver’s side Window Regulator just went out. The truck has about 45,000 miles and this will be the 3rtd Window Regulator I replace. I just changed out the Front Driver’s side Window Regulator in June, 2013 and the Front Passenger side Window Regulator about 1-1/2 years ago. I don’t know why Ford has not been TOLD to RECALL these vehicles because of this issue. Just read the blogs and you will see that there is enough reason to recall these cheap parts. Please continue to let Ford and the Better Business Bureau know about the cheap products put on these vehicles. I hope 1 day Ford will have to re-pay everyone that had to replace these Window Regulators.

Pete Buchanan
Nov 21, 2013 10:14

Ford 2005 F-150 Regulator Failure – My regulator failed on the passenger side front door. In addition, the windows periodically just stop working; won’t go up or down. Then, out of the blue they work again. What’s up with that? I also own a 2008 Ford Escape. Three regulators have failed on that vehicle. Just waiting for the rear back window to fail to make it a clean sweep.

jim
Dec 21, 2013 10:53

Well, my 2005 F150 in the same predicament. I just happen to be at the shop right now to get my window fixed, and thought I’d Google to see if others have had problems. In 2009, my passenger side window started acting up and then just fell down inside the door. Now, my driver side started acting same way and this week window just dropped. The windows have been the only issue I’ve had with my truck since I bought it new. I guess overall, that’s a good thing that’s the only problem I’ve had in almost nine years, but I certainly would expect these windows to be more durable; they don’t come cheap when they need fixin’.

Eric Bleckkner
Dec 31, 2013 9:35

My 2004 F-150 only had 51K when the passenger side window fell into the door. I paid the $100 deductable under extended warranty. Now have 62K and the driver side window has failed. I just checked at ford and they want over $327 to repair. I found out the price increase is due to the fact that the motor and the regulator have to be ordered together.

Eric Bleckner
Cell 520-220-7775

moris
Dec 31, 2013 16:06

I have the same problem with my truck ford f150 2005 3 windows regulator broken I bought the car used im still paying after 3 months it happen

JOSE A.
Jan 20, 2014 21:51

I have a 2005 Ford F-150, and My driver side window suddenly went down while on the Freeway. Luckily it Happened today, On Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, fewer traffic that normal. Could have caused an accident since it caught Me off guard, and had to take My eyes off the road for a couple of seconds. I have since removed the door trim, and indeed its the power window regulator that has failed. The motor is fine, but that doesn’t matter ,It seems that the whole regulator is sold as a whole. To make things worse, I live on an apartment complex, that has open carports.

Hugh Taylor
Jan 20, 2014 22:26

My 2005 Ford F-150, with 43,700 miles had its regulator go out last March 2013. It was the drivers door window, sounded like a gunshot when it went out. Just had it repaired last week, hated to pay since Ford should have replaced it. It costs $294 at my local RoadMart . Now I’m afraid to lower any of the other windows for fear they will have the same problem. My Father and GrandFather were Ford dealers years ago, and all we have driven and bought are Fords, as have my daughters. NO MORE FORDS !!! They have dropped the ball, it makes me mad to hear about the new F-150 with lighter aluminum body, knowing they don’t stand behind their product after I stood with them for many years.

Robert Menard
Jan 31, 2014 10:59

Today my front driver’s side window regulator that I replaced on June 21, 2013 went out.(The part I purchased must have been related to the original part) So this is my 4th window regulator that I replace on my 2004 Ford Lariat with 53,000 miles. I will think twice before buying a vehicle with power windows again-At least not a Ford 150. I do not understand why Ford has not been Forced to Recall this product-There are definitely Safety concerns involved.

Eric Smith
Feb 4, 2014 9:21

3 out 4 power windows have failed on my 2005 F-150 so far. I’ve had to replace all 3 regulators and expect to do the same for the 4th in the near future. Overall this is a great truck and I’m very happy with it, but this one problem is a bit ridiculous and should have been addressed, or at the very least, acknowledged by Ford.

Justin Clifton
Apr 11, 2014 14:40

Just had my passenger side rear window regulator fail on my 2005 F-150. Roughly 1 year ago, I had to replace the driver’s side front window regulator.

Ford MUST make this a recalled part!!

Dave Thomas
Apr 12, 2014 21:59

I will be replacing my front passenger side window regulator after I watched it disappear from site today while driving , my driver side went out a little over a year ago. I love my truck but damn ! I guess I should be on standby because my rear windows will be probably be next. Come on Ford, you are better than this.