Parting Words - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:42 - 0 Comments
The disaster in Japan, caused by the record-setting earthquake and massive tsunami that followed, is one of the worst disasters of its kind in recent memory. At press time, it was being reported that over 20,000 people were killed with many more still missing. Sadly, the death toll is certain to go higher. All of us at Beasley Allen hurt deeply for the people in Japan. It’s difficult to watch the nightly news and see the devastation left behind for people in a country far away from where we reside. That distance between our two countries doesn’t lessen the pain and despair of the Japanese people. Nor should it lessen our need and desire to pray for and support them.
This situation in Japan makes all of the problems that we in the United States are facing seem rather small and certainly less compelling. The radiation problems resulting from the accidents at the nuclear plants in the affected areas compound the short- and long-range problems for the Japanese people. Governments all over the world are working in a number of ways to help out in Japan. Food, medical and other supplies, along with personnel, are being sent into the county. This help must continue until things in Japan are under control.
Our prayers continue to be with the Japanese people who have lost family members and friends and with those who are homeless. There are thousands who have lost their businesses and the ability to make a living for their families and our prayers also go out for them. The effects of this disaster will be with the Japanese people for a very long time and we must not let the passage of time put them out of our thoughts and prayers.
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- So what is happening on this was it corrected because my husband is also on this...
- J P Morgan / Chase wasted days of my time arguing about flood insurance on my lo...
- My husband contracted polio from the vaccine around 1962. He was left with left ...
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions