Parting Words - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:42 - 0 Comments
The disaster in Japan, caused by the record-setting earthquake and massive tsunami that followed, is one of the worst disasters of its kind in recent memory. At press time, it was being reported that over 20,000 people were killed with many more still missing. Sadly, the death toll is certain to go higher. All of us at Beasley Allen hurt deeply for the people in Japan. It’s difficult to watch the nightly news and see the devastation left behind for people in a country far away from where we reside. That distance between our two countries doesn’t lessen the pain and despair of the Japanese people. Nor should it lessen our need and desire to pray for and support them.
This situation in Japan makes all of the problems that we in the United States are facing seem rather small and certainly less compelling. The radiation problems resulting from the accidents at the nuclear plants in the affected areas compound the short- and long-range problems for the Japanese people. Governments all over the world are working in a number of ways to help out in Japan. Food, medical and other supplies, along with personnel, are being sent into the county. This help must continue until things in Japan are under control.
Our prayers continue to be with the Japanese people who have lost family members and friends and with those who are homeless. There are thousands who have lost their businesses and the ability to make a living for their families and our prayers also go out for them. The effects of this disaster will be with the Japanese people for a very long time and we must not let the passage of time put them out of our thoughts and prayers.
Leave a Reply
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- Please check out our GM Recall Survivors page on Facebook....
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Mar 5, 2014 9:02 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Seatbelts For Buses Have Been Recommended For Decades
- Aggressive Airbag Inflation Can Cause Injury And Death
- If You Want To Update Your Car – There Will Be An App For That!
- Electronic Power Steering Failures In Toyota Cars
- Final Order Issued In $1.15 Billion California Lead Paint Case
Recalls Update - Mar 5, 2014 11:07 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Company Recalls 8.7 Million Pounds Of Meat
- Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets
- Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due To Strangulation Hazard
- BebeLove Recalls Baby Walkers Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Agila Specialties Private Limited Recalls 10 Lots Of Etomidate Injection 2 mg/mL – 10 mL And 20 mL