Global warming is one of the most serious challenges facing our country today. To protect the health and economic well-being of current and future generations, it’s essential that our emissions of global warming pollution be reduced by using the technology, know-how, and practical solutions already at our disposal. The United States can curb climate change, break our dependence on oil, and put Americans back to work – but it will take a bi-partisan effort by all of our lawmakers to do it. In late June, the House of Representatives took an historic vote to pass comprehensive climate and energy legislation. The Senate should now strengthen and pass the House bill. President Obama must play an active role in ensuring that Congress passes a strong, comprehensive climate and energy policy this fall.
Passing strong, comprehensive climate legislation remains key to putting Americans back to work, breaking our dependence on oil, and protecting our health and environment. The American Clean Energy and Security Act must be passed, but the Senate must strengthen it. To maximize the potential health, economic, and climate benefits, this legislation should:
• Reduce U.S. global warming pollution by 35% below current levels by 2020 and at least 80% by 2050.
• Require utilities to generate at least 25% of their electricity from clean, renewable sources – such as the wind and sun – by 2025.
• Invest more money in renewable energy and energy efficiency programs that will save consumers money.
• Preserve the Environmental Protection Agency’s existing authority to regulate global warming pollution under the Clean Air Act.
• Ensure policies can be rapidly adjusted in response to emerging climate science.
The Obama Administration and Congress must pass comprehensive climate and energy legislation this year. If you agree, take the time to write the President and the Senators in your state and urge them to act now and help save our planet.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.