Featured, Mass Torts Update - Written by Jere Beasley on Friday, December 5, 2008 13:48 - 0 Comments
A jury in Florida has awarded a $3.6 million verdict to a woman suffering from a terminal disease caused by second-hand contact with asbestos. The 57-year-old woman, Lynda Daly, was diagnosed with mesothelioma last year. She contended that the disease was caused by the asbestos-filled brakes at a Wisconsin Ford dealership where she worked during the 1970s. She also may have ingested the asbestos because her husband, Michael, did brake-repair jobs at their home. However, Michael Daly has had no complications from asbestos despite being in direct contact with asbestos brakes.
The jurors concluded Ford Motor Co. was responsible for Mrs. Daly’s condition, which is being treated by chemotherapy. Mesothelioma usually kills its victims within two years of its detection. The case is likely to be appealed. Juan Bauta, a lawyer from Coral Gables, Florida, represented the Daly family and did a very good job.
Source: Miami Herald
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
- Doug Godberson and Jerry Leckness, regardless of the brand of tires, you should ...
- We have two 2004 Ford F-150 trucks. My son's truck's windows starting falling ...
- I heard on WSFA last night that women are being affected by Lipitor and Crestor ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions