Posts Tagged ‘West Virginia’
Mass Torts Update - Monday, October 7, 2013 10:14 - 0 Comments
Over 25,000 transvaginal mesh (TVM) cases are pending in the Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) in the Southern District of West Virginia, which is overseen by U.S. District Judge Joseph R. Goodwin. These six MDLs involve vaginal mesh manufacturers C.R. Bard, Inc., American Medical Systems, Inc., Boston Scientific Corp., Ethicon Inc., Coloplast Corp., and Cook Medical Inc. Several thousand more cases are pending in consolidated state court litigations in New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, and Minnesota against these defendants and other transvaginal mesh manufacturers.
Judge Goodwin of the Southern District of West Virginia recently scheduled the first round of bellwether trials involving transvaginal mesh manufacturers Bard, Boston Scientific, and AMS. These bellwether trials are scheduled for November of this year, February and April of 2014 and will serve as the first bellwether trials involving these three defendants. There is also an Ethicon trial scheduled for December of this year in New Jersey state court.
The scheduled trials are in addition to the bellwether trials involving C.R. Bard that have been ongoing since July 2013. As previously reported, the first two trials produced positive results for the Plaintiffs in each case. In the first case, Cisson, et al. v. C.R. Bard, Inc., the jury returned a verdict in favor of the Plaintiff, Donna Cisson. Shortly thereafter, C.R. Bard reached a settlement with the plaintiff in the second Bellwether trial, Queen, et al. v. C.R. Bard, Inc. The third and fourth trials involving C.R. Bard are slated to begin this month and in November 2013.
In addition to these trials, discovery is ongoing in both the overall TVM litigation and individual cases. Lawyers from our firm’s Mass Torts Section continue to be heavily involved in the TVM litigation, including the massive discovery process. Our lawyers are currently investigating claims where women have experienced organ perforation, bleeding, urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, pelvic and vaginal pain, infection, discomfort during intercourse, and the need for corrective surgeries following the transvaginal placement of mesh for pelvic organ prolapse (POP) or stress urinary incontinence (SUI) repair. If you or a family member has suffered such an injury, contact Leigh O’Dell or Chad Cook, lawyers in our Mass Torts Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Leigh.Odell@beasleyallen.com or Chad.Cook@beasleyallen.com.
- JPMorgan And Assurant Settle Force-Placed Insurance Claims For $300 Million
- Toyota Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Ends In Landmark Verdict
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Beasley Allen Legal Conference & Expo Set For November 21-22
- An Update on the BP Business Economic Loss Claims
- Parting Words
- Some Monthly Reminders
- Closing Observations
- Flynn Mozingo Receives Pro Bono Award
- Alabama Veteran Awarded Congressional Gold Medal
- Beasley Allen Provides Help For The Holidays
- More Than 2,000 Lawyers Pre-Registered For Seventh Annual Legal Conference In Montgomery
- Little Willy’s Recalls Hooded Sweatshirts Due To Strangulation Hazard
- American Boy And Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due To Choking Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Babycottons
- L.L. Bean Girl’s Pajamas Recalled
- Look forward to the next update....
- I experience some of the same problems with Flagstar, how do we get a class acti...
- Ford 2005 F-150 Regulator Failure - My regulator failed on the passenger side fr...
- I LOST BOTH OF MY LITTLE DOGS, ONLY THING IVE' CHANGED WAS BUYING SOME JERKY TRE...
- JUST RECEIVED A NEW POLOCY, THE OTHER'S ALSO INCLUDED WERE OVER 1900 PER YEAR, "...
- I HAVE EMAILED EVERYONE GOVERNMENTWIE FOR HELP. SOME RESPOND. FIRST TIME AND CU...
- my name above, my address is 100 Maywood Avenue, Sinking Spring, PA 19608. i W...
- My ex wife had my son 4 year on Pulmicort for about 4-5 months I mention to her ...