Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Personal Injury, Transportation - Tuesday, December 3, 2013 16:15 - 0 Comments
John and Renee Parault, a husband and wife, were traveling through Alabama recently with their adult daughter. The couple, who work with Son Rise Ministries, were headed from their home in North Carolina to a revival in Louisiana when their world was turned upside down. The family had just eaten breakfast, and they were back on the road when a tractor trailer suddenly and without warning changed lanes, moving right into the path of the Parault’s vehicle, resulting in a horrendous crash. The tractor trailer actually ran over the Parault’s vehicle. Because of the massive size of the tractor trailer, the small car was no match for it. Sadly, the gross carelessness of the truck driver caused Mr. Parault’s death and seriously injured his wife, Renee, as well as their daughter, Darlene Keller. The tractor trailer was owned and being operated by MSJ Trucking.
Our firm was hired by the family to investigate the incident. The investigation revealed that MSJ Trucking had a history of serious violations of various motor vehicle regulations, including allowing fatigued drivers to operate their trucks. The circumstances of this wreck strongly suggested that the driver of the tractor trailer was severely fatigued when he drove his truck into the lane of travel occupied by the Paraults. We recreated much of what happened on that tragic day through litigation testing with well qualified trucking experts. Our testing proved that a conscientious, well rested driver most certainly would have easily recognized the danger of moving into an occupied lane of travel. We filed suit after our investigation was completed.
A settlement was reached with the defendants for a confidential amount during the pendency of the lawsuit. Chris Glover, a lawyer in our firm’s Personal Injury/Products Liability Section, handled the case. He did a very good job for the clients. If you have any questions about a trucking case, contact Chris at Chris.Glover@beasleyallen.com or visit www.chrisglover-law.com.
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- The Selma March
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- Former Alabama Governor Albert P. Brewer
- House To House Ministry
- Beasley Allen Accounting Department Keeps Watch Over Firm Finances
- Sandy Jacob Eiland
- Lauren Buettner
- Soo Seok Yang
- Kendall Dunson
- Recall For Texas-Based Blue Bell Ice Cream Products Expanded
- Spinrite Recalls Bernat Tizzy Yarn Due To Entanglement Hazard
- year correction on previous post, should be April 1, 2015....
- 2008 Ford King ranch 37K mileage, original owner. Few months ago sun/moon roof ...
- My sister was a healthy 46 yr. Woman she started having some chest pain and the ...
- I had the driver one replaced 4/29/2013 and now the passenger front went Saturda...
- i received hand cart replacement parts...
- I have a 2004 f150 crew cab front passenger window is up and won't come down so...
- I have a 2004 E350 6.0 diesel that I bought from a company called Sports mobile ...
- my tel # 340-220-3215 I wanted to know if you handled Plavix lawsuits fro...