Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Transportation - Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:05 - 0 Comments
It has been reported that the 127-ton tractor-trailer that derailed an Amtrak train at a railroad crossing in North Carolina last month was about three times the size and weight of a standard 18-wheeler. The reports indicate it was so big that it required a Highway Patrol escort. The height required it to take back roads around some Interstate overpasses. Authorities say the truck driver involved in the crash on March 9 that injured 55 people was struggling to negotiate a tight left-hand turn across the tracks from one two-lane highway to another with this enormous load when the passenger train came roaring around a curve in the tiny community of Halifax, N.C. Continue…
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Bank Settles Suit Over Force-Placed Flood Insurance
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Parting Words
- Our Monthly Reminders
- The Country Lost A True Public Servant When Beau Biden Died At Age 46
- Sean Kane Keeps A Watchful Eye On Hazardous Products
- Public Citizen Works For People
- Beasley Allen Lawyer Ali Hawthorne Talks to WAKA TV About Tire Safety
- Mary Smitherman
- Larry Golston
- Dana Taunton
- Bunnies By The Bay Recalls Pull Toys Due To Choking Hazard
- Walgreens Vitamins Recalled By International Vitamin
- V.Leigh Mattox, my daughter, died five years ago, and should be removed from mai...
- What a joke, we have just stated on the 1f journey. LG is a very poor excuse for...
- I found it very useful. My Mother passed last year with a very similar story.
- Just dropped my 04 off this morning for the 4th failed window regulator since I ...
- There once was an institution called the usbank.
I am a disabled vet and soon t...
- The big bad us bank or should I say the ssbank did this flood insurance thing to...
- Hi Mark,
That is scary about your tire separation. We are thankful nobody was...
- I just had a G159 245 70r19.5 on a 35ft Class A Motor Home fail due to tread sep...