Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Personal Injury, Transportation - Tuesday, December 3, 2013 16:15 - 0 Comments
John and Renee Parault, a husband and wife, were traveling through Alabama recently with their adult daughter. The couple, who work with Son Rise Ministries, were headed from their home in North Carolina to a revival in Louisiana when their world was turned upside down. The family had just eaten breakfast, and they were back on the road when a tractor trailer suddenly and without warning changed lanes, moving right into the path of the Parault’s vehicle, resulting in a horrendous crash. The tractor trailer actually ran over the Parault’s vehicle. Because of the massive size of the tractor trailer, the small car was no match for it. Sadly, the gross carelessness of the truck driver caused Mr. Parault’s death and seriously injured his wife, Renee, as well as their daughter, Darlene Keller. The tractor trailer was owned and being operated by MSJ Trucking.
Our firm was hired by the family to investigate the incident. The investigation revealed that MSJ Trucking had a history of serious violations of various motor vehicle regulations, including allowing fatigued drivers to operate their trucks. The circumstances of this wreck strongly suggested that the driver of the tractor trailer was severely fatigued when he drove his truck into the lane of travel occupied by the Paraults. We recreated much of what happened on that tragic day through litigation testing with well qualified trucking experts. Our testing proved that a conscientious, well rested driver most certainly would have easily recognized the danger of moving into an occupied lane of travel. We filed suit after our investigation was completed.
A settlement was reached with the defendants for a confidential amount during the pendency of the lawsuit. Chris Glover, a lawyer in our firm’s Personal Injury/Products Liability Section, handled the case. He did a very good job for the clients. If you have any questions about a trucking case, contact Chris at Chris.Glover@beasleyallen.com or visit www.chrisglover-law.com.
- Favorite Bible Verses
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- The Firm Settles Wal-Mart Case in Arizona Involving Rollover Crash Due to Tire Age
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- Tell us how you can tell that a tire failed because of its age
- Without the Lord we are helpless, with our Lord we can move forward as his helpe...
- Thanks. I enjoyed reading the bible verses. Say hello to Rick....
- Crazy sad to think this could have been prevented with a simple Fence or panel. ...
- Please check out our GM Recall Survivors page on Facebook....
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...