Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Personal Injury, Transportation - Tuesday, December 3, 2013 16:15 - 0 Comments
John and Renee Parault, a husband and wife, were traveling through Alabama recently with their adult daughter. The couple, who work with Son Rise Ministries, were headed from their home in North Carolina to a revival in Louisiana when their world was turned upside down. The family had just eaten breakfast, and they were back on the road when a tractor trailer suddenly and without warning changed lanes, moving right into the path of the Parault’s vehicle, resulting in a horrendous crash. The tractor trailer actually ran over the Parault’s vehicle. Because of the massive size of the tractor trailer, the small car was no match for it. Sadly, the gross carelessness of the truck driver caused Mr. Parault’s death and seriously injured his wife, Renee, as well as their daughter, Darlene Keller. The tractor trailer was owned and being operated by MSJ Trucking.
Our firm was hired by the family to investigate the incident. The investigation revealed that MSJ Trucking had a history of serious violations of various motor vehicle regulations, including allowing fatigued drivers to operate their trucks. The circumstances of this wreck strongly suggested that the driver of the tractor trailer was severely fatigued when he drove his truck into the lane of travel occupied by the Paraults. We recreated much of what happened on that tragic day through litigation testing with well qualified trucking experts. Our testing proved that a conscientious, well rested driver most certainly would have easily recognized the danger of moving into an occupied lane of travel. We filed suit after our investigation was completed.
A settlement was reached with the defendants for a confidential amount during the pendency of the lawsuit. Chris Glover, a lawyer in our firm’s Personal Injury/Products Liability Section, handled the case. He did a very good job for the clients. If you have any questions about a trucking case, contact Chris at Chris.Glover@beasleyallen.com or visit www.chrisglover-law.com.
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- Today, the 4th window failed in my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew - I bought it new and th...
- I own a 2007 Chevy HHR . Gauges have been going hey wire for about for about 5 m...
- Never know there was a lawsuit against WFB, not until I clicked on to there webs...
- just checking to see if you got all my paperwork and to see when e would receive...
- Checks will be issued sometime this year. Feel free to call 1-800-549-7320 to ma...
- I received a letter from MetLife saying I am a beneficiary of 2 life insurance p...
- My 2006 Ford F150 Supercrew drivers side window regulator does not go down or up...
- i really appreciate the reports and always take the time to read agood portion o...