Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Personal Injury, Transportation - Tuesday, December 3, 2013 16:15 - 0 Comments
John and Renee Parault, a husband and wife, were traveling through Alabama recently with their adult daughter. The couple, who work with Son Rise Ministries, were headed from their home in North Carolina to a revival in Louisiana when their world was turned upside down. The family had just eaten breakfast, and they were back on the road when a tractor trailer suddenly and without warning changed lanes, moving right into the path of the Parault’s vehicle, resulting in a horrendous crash. The tractor trailer actually ran over the Parault’s vehicle. Because of the massive size of the tractor trailer, the small car was no match for it. Sadly, the gross carelessness of the truck driver caused Mr. Parault’s death and seriously injured his wife, Renee, as well as their daughter, Darlene Keller. The tractor trailer was owned and being operated by MSJ Trucking.
Our firm was hired by the family to investigate the incident. The investigation revealed that MSJ Trucking had a history of serious violations of various motor vehicle regulations, including allowing fatigued drivers to operate their trucks. The circumstances of this wreck strongly suggested that the driver of the tractor trailer was severely fatigued when he drove his truck into the lane of travel occupied by the Paraults. We recreated much of what happened on that tragic day through litigation testing with well qualified trucking experts. Our testing proved that a conscientious, well rested driver most certainly would have easily recognized the danger of moving into an occupied lane of travel. We filed suit after our investigation was completed.
A settlement was reached with the defendants for a confidential amount during the pendency of the lawsuit. Chris Glover, a lawyer in our firm’s Personal Injury/Products Liability Section, handled the case. He did a very good job for the clients. If you have any questions about a trucking case, contact Chris at Chris.Glover@beasleyallen.com or visit www.chrisglover-law.com.
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...
- 2005 F150 Supercrew: I have replaced 3 out of 4 and the last regulator is broken...
- i understand that wat has happened but it is also the owner of said vehicle to d...
- I was prescribed Plavix from Sept 2003 through
Aug 2010 and suffered several he...
- my mazda has been in the shop for over 200 days in 8 months turbo charger ,motor...
- Does Beasley and Alan handle whistleblower cases if the government has made a d...