Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Personal Injury, Transportation - Tuesday, December 3, 2013 16:15 - 0 Comments
John and Renee Parault, a husband and wife, were traveling through Alabama recently with their adult daughter. The couple, who work with Son Rise Ministries, were headed from their home in North Carolina to a revival in Louisiana when their world was turned upside down. The family had just eaten breakfast, and they were back on the road when a tractor trailer suddenly and without warning changed lanes, moving right into the path of the Parault’s vehicle, resulting in a horrendous crash. The tractor trailer actually ran over the Parault’s vehicle. Because of the massive size of the tractor trailer, the small car was no match for it. Sadly, the gross carelessness of the truck driver caused Mr. Parault’s death and seriously injured his wife, Renee, as well as their daughter, Darlene Keller. The tractor trailer was owned and being operated by MSJ Trucking.
Our firm was hired by the family to investigate the incident. The investigation revealed that MSJ Trucking had a history of serious violations of various motor vehicle regulations, including allowing fatigued drivers to operate their trucks. The circumstances of this wreck strongly suggested that the driver of the tractor trailer was severely fatigued when he drove his truck into the lane of travel occupied by the Paraults. We recreated much of what happened on that tragic day through litigation testing with well qualified trucking experts. Our testing proved that a conscientious, well rested driver most certainly would have easily recognized the danger of moving into an occupied lane of travel. We filed suit after our investigation was completed.
A settlement was reached with the defendants for a confidential amount during the pendency of the lawsuit. Chris Glover, a lawyer in our firm’s Personal Injury/Products Liability Section, handled the case. He did a very good job for the clients. If you have any questions about a trucking case, contact Chris at Chris.Glover@beasleyallen.com or visit www.chrisglover-law.com.
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
- Doug Godberson and Jerry Leckness, regardless of the brand of tires, you should ...
- We have two 2004 Ford F-150 trucks. My son's truck's windows starting falling ...
- I heard on WSFA last night that women are being affected by Lipitor and Crestor ...