Posts Tagged ‘tractor-trailer’
Personal Injury, Transportation - Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:30 - 0 Comments
A Michigan trucking company, involved in a crash that left six people dead on an interstate highway in central Kentucky last month, had a satisfactory rating from the federal agency that oversees long-haul carriers. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration based its ranking of Highway Star Inc. on a 24-month span in which the company fell below the national average of vehicle problems. Nevertheless, the agency advised states to closely inspect the company’s vehicles because it has accumulated 17 traffic violations in the two-year period.
A tractor-trailer driven by 47-year-old Ibrahim Fetic hit an SUV carrying a family back to Wisconsin from a vacation in Florida on March 3rd. Killed were 62-year-old driver James Gollnow and his wife, 62-year-old Barbara Gollnow; their 92-year-old friend, Marion Chapnoise; 18-year-old Sareena Gollnow; and the couple’s foster children, ten-year-old Gabriel Zumig and eight-year-old Soledad Smith. This was a tragic event affecting several families. It appears that a company with drivers having 17 tickets would have been red-flagged by some regulatory agency. In addition, the company would have had an obligation to take steps to get unsafe drivers off the road. But this company had a satisfactory rating.
Source: Claims Journal
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...