Posts Tagged ‘rollover’
Product Liability - Monday, September 9, 2013 14:35 - 0 Comments
Lawyers in our firm are preparing a very important case for trial in Benton County, Arkansas. We represent the parents of a 17-year-old girl who was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way home from an after-school activity. She was driving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee along an interstate in Benton County when another driver merged onto the interstate and cut her off. When the other driver (who was speeding as he entered the interstate) struck our client’s Grand Cherokee, both vehicles rotated into a grass median and across into oncoming traffic. Although the other driver’s car spun and came to a stop without injuring the driver, the Grand Cherokee rolled over several times. Our client’s daughter was wearing her seatbelt, but was ejected from the Jeep and died when she struck the pavement.
We filed suit against the at-fault driver and his employer (a local real estate company) based on his reckless conduct, and also against Chrysler and Key Safety Systems for the defective design of the seatbelt buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee. The primary complaint with the seatbelt buckle is that it is capable of unlatching in a rollover accident as a result of inertial forces. After removing buckles from several vehicles in salvage yards, we discovered that there are two versions of the buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee: one like the one in our vehicle, and another that includes a device to prevent inertial unlatching.
Although Chrysler and Key Safety claim the design worn by our client’s daughter is safe, we look forward to presenting evidence to a Benton County jury in October that a safer alternative design existed that would have prevented this tragedy. This case is being handled and will be tried by Mike Andrews from our firm, along with Sean T. Keith and Anna Betts, who are with Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider & Pauline, based in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Vehicle Safety Components Manufactured in Unregulated Countries
- Cooper Tire Involved In Tragic Highway Crash
- Heavy Truck Case Is Settled
- An Update On The U-Haul Litigation
- Three Explorer Rollover Settlements
- The 15-Passenger Van Is Still Dangerous
- Weak Roof Increases Severe Injury and Death In Rollover Crashes
- Cooper Tire Held Responsible For Fatal Minivan Rollover
- Yamaha Rhino demonstrated for CPSC
- ATV accidents bring heartbreak to families
- Jury awards $8.6 million in SUV rollover
- Comparison of the tests run by NHTSA and safety group
- New rollover study shows federal government’s roof strength standard will not protect vehicle occupants
- Continental Recalls 8,070 Motorcycle Tires
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- Korean Automakers Hyundai And Kia Agree To Record U.S. Settlement For Mileage Fraud
- General Motors Is Sued By Arizona For $3 Billion Over Recalls
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against General Motors
- NHTSA Probes Honda Accord Power Steering Issues
- NHTSA Fines Ferrari $3.5 Million Over Safety Reports
- AutoNation Halts Sales Of Used Cars In Air Bag Recalls
- Audi Air Bags May Not Fire When Ready
- Honda Repair Deal In Faulty Side Air Bag Class Action
- Honda Failed To Report 1,729 Deaths And Injuries Since 2003
- Obama Nominates Mark Rosekind To Lead NHTSA
- NHTSA Probes Honda’s Reporting Of Defective Air Bags
- Dear Sir: i am about to take a case against VW to a Federal Court Jury trial in ...
- 2004 350 6.0 Powerstrike diesel Navistar engine. PLEASE advise on how to be par...
- This recall is a night mare. One week after purchasing new tires back in August...
- We recently lost our home to foreclosure by Flagstar. After months of applying ...
- Safety starts at the top of an organization. This takes management commitment, w...
- I also lost my home to foreclosure due to Flagstar's failure to process my reque...
- The judge in the case has to approve any settlement terms. Don't hold your brea...
- I have a 2004 f250 perestroika diesel I baught the truck 2 years ago and ran fin...