Posts Tagged ‘rollover’
Product Liability - Monday, September 9, 2013 14:35 - 0 Comments
Lawyers in our firm are preparing a very important case for trial in Benton County, Arkansas. We represent the parents of a 17-year-old girl who was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way home from an after-school activity. She was driving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee along an interstate in Benton County when another driver merged onto the interstate and cut her off. When the other driver (who was speeding as he entered the interstate) struck our client’s Grand Cherokee, both vehicles rotated into a grass median and across into oncoming traffic. Although the other driver’s car spun and came to a stop without injuring the driver, the Grand Cherokee rolled over several times. Our client’s daughter was wearing her seatbelt, but was ejected from the Jeep and died when she struck the pavement.
We filed suit against the at-fault driver and his employer (a local real estate company) based on his reckless conduct, and also against Chrysler and Key Safety Systems for the defective design of the seatbelt buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee. The primary complaint with the seatbelt buckle is that it is capable of unlatching in a rollover accident as a result of inertial forces. After removing buckles from several vehicles in salvage yards, we discovered that there are two versions of the buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee: one like the one in our vehicle, and another that includes a device to prevent inertial unlatching.
Although Chrysler and Key Safety claim the design worn by our client’s daughter is safe, we look forward to presenting evidence to a Benton County jury in October that a safer alternative design existed that would have prevented this tragedy. This case is being handled and will be tried by Mike Andrews from our firm, along with Sean T. Keith and Anna Betts, who are with Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider & Pauline, based in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Vehicle Safety Components Manufactured in Unregulated Countries
- Cooper Tire Involved In Tragic Highway Crash
- Heavy Truck Case Is Settled
- An Update On The U-Haul Litigation
- Three Explorer Rollover Settlements
- The 15-Passenger Van Is Still Dangerous
- Weak Roof Increases Severe Injury and Death In Rollover Crashes
- Cooper Tire Held Responsible For Fatal Minivan Rollover
- Yamaha Rhino demonstrated for CPSC
- ATV accidents bring heartbreak to families
- Jury awards $8.6 million in SUV rollover
- Comparison of the tests run by NHTSA and safety group
- New rollover study shows federal government’s roof strength standard will not protect vehicle occupants
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...
- 2005 F150 Supercrew: I have replaced 3 out of 4 and the last regulator is broken...
- i understand that wat has happened but it is also the owner of said vehicle to d...
- I was prescribed Plavix from Sept 2003 through
Aug 2010 and suffered several he...
- my mazda has been in the shop for over 200 days in 8 months turbo charger ,motor...
- Does Beasley and Alan handle whistleblower cases if the government has made a d...