Posts Tagged ‘rollover’
Product Liability - Monday, September 9, 2013 14:35 - 0 Comments
Lawyers in our firm are preparing a very important case for trial in Benton County, Arkansas. We represent the parents of a 17-year-old girl who was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way home from an after-school activity. She was driving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee along an interstate in Benton County when another driver merged onto the interstate and cut her off. When the other driver (who was speeding as he entered the interstate) struck our client’s Grand Cherokee, both vehicles rotated into a grass median and across into oncoming traffic. Although the other driver’s car spun and came to a stop without injuring the driver, the Grand Cherokee rolled over several times. Our client’s daughter was wearing her seatbelt, but was ejected from the Jeep and died when she struck the pavement.
We filed suit against the at-fault driver and his employer (a local real estate company) based on his reckless conduct, and also against Chrysler and Key Safety Systems for the defective design of the seatbelt buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee. The primary complaint with the seatbelt buckle is that it is capable of unlatching in a rollover accident as a result of inertial forces. After removing buckles from several vehicles in salvage yards, we discovered that there are two versions of the buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee: one like the one in our vehicle, and another that includes a device to prevent inertial unlatching.
Although Chrysler and Key Safety claim the design worn by our client’s daughter is safe, we look forward to presenting evidence to a Benton County jury in October that a safer alternative design existed that would have prevented this tragedy. This case is being handled and will be tried by Mike Andrews from our firm, along with Sean T. Keith and Anna Betts, who are with Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider & Pauline, based in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Vehicle Safety Components Manufactured in Unregulated Countries
- Cooper Tire Involved In Tragic Highway Crash
- Heavy Truck Case Is Settled
- An Update On The U-Haul Litigation
- Three Explorer Rollover Settlements
- The 15-Passenger Van Is Still Dangerous
- Weak Roof Increases Severe Injury and Death In Rollover Crashes
- Cooper Tire Held Responsible For Fatal Minivan Rollover
- Yamaha Rhino demonstrated for CPSC
- ATV accidents bring heartbreak to families
- Jury awards $8.6 million in SUV rollover
- Comparison of the tests run by NHTSA and safety group
- New rollover study shows federal government’s roof strength standard will not protect vehicle occupants
- The Selma March
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- Honda Adds 105,000 Vehicles To Its U.S. Recall
- The Takata Airbag Saga Continues To Expand
- Investors Have Sued GM Directors Over The Faulty Ignitions
- “New GM” Ignition MDL Claims Now Under Home States’ Laws
- Judge In GM Ignition Switch MDL Urges Settlement Talks
- U.S. Supreme Court Reverses Alabama Redistricting Ruling
- The Lasting Effects Of Bloody Sunday
- Ford Recalls 221,000 Police Vehicles, Ambulances And Hearses
- Kia Recalls 209,000 Soul Vehicles For Accelerator Defect
- NHTSA Investigates Nissan Air Bag Fix As Complaints Increase
- Nissan Recalls 640,000 Altima Sedans
- Do NOT disconnect the battery! Under the steering column is a cap, flush with th...
- By the way that was for Johnson v. USCB Claims Adminitrator....
- I just received my claim form today April 17th 2015. And it had to be post marke...
- I have Organic Shingles that are failing and are not 10 years old. Can i sue Ce...
- My 2005 F-150 has only 47,000 miles and ready replaced all 4 regulators...
- It's funny sometimes how God uses others; I was reading some of the people's fav...
- Very happily surprised to find bible verses in this newsletter. Thank you for th...
- Jere and Kendall,
We just took on a case involving a guy who rented a 2nd floor...