Posts Tagged ‘rollover’
Product Liability - Monday, September 9, 2013 14:35 - 0 Comments
Lawyers in our firm are preparing a very important case for trial in Benton County, Arkansas. We represent the parents of a 17-year-old girl who was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way home from an after-school activity. She was driving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee along an interstate in Benton County when another driver merged onto the interstate and cut her off. When the other driver (who was speeding as he entered the interstate) struck our client’s Grand Cherokee, both vehicles rotated into a grass median and across into oncoming traffic. Although the other driver’s car spun and came to a stop without injuring the driver, the Grand Cherokee rolled over several times. Our client’s daughter was wearing her seatbelt, but was ejected from the Jeep and died when she struck the pavement.
We filed suit against the at-fault driver and his employer (a local real estate company) based on his reckless conduct, and also against Chrysler and Key Safety Systems for the defective design of the seatbelt buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee. The primary complaint with the seatbelt buckle is that it is capable of unlatching in a rollover accident as a result of inertial forces. After removing buckles from several vehicles in salvage yards, we discovered that there are two versions of the buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee: one like the one in our vehicle, and another that includes a device to prevent inertial unlatching.
Although Chrysler and Key Safety claim the design worn by our client’s daughter is safe, we look forward to presenting evidence to a Benton County jury in October that a safer alternative design existed that would have prevented this tragedy. This case is being handled and will be tried by Mike Andrews from our firm, along with Sean T. Keith and Anna Betts, who are with Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider & Pauline, based in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Vehicle Safety Components Manufactured in Unregulated Countries
- Cooper Tire Involved In Tragic Highway Crash
- Heavy Truck Case Is Settled
- An Update On The U-Haul Litigation
- Three Explorer Rollover Settlements
- The 15-Passenger Van Is Still Dangerous
- Weak Roof Increases Severe Injury and Death In Rollover Crashes
- Cooper Tire Held Responsible For Fatal Minivan Rollover
- Yamaha Rhino demonstrated for CPSC
- ATV accidents bring heartbreak to families
- Jury awards $8.6 million in SUV rollover
- Comparison of the tests run by NHTSA and safety group
- New rollover study shows federal government’s roof strength standard will not protect vehicle occupants
- JPMorgan And Assurant Settle Force-Placed Insurance Claims For $300 Million
- Toyota Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Ends In Landmark Verdict
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Beasley Allen Legal Conference & Expo Set For November 21-22
- An Update on the BP Business Economic Loss Claims
- Parting Words
- Some Monthly Reminders
- Closing Observations
- Flynn Mozingo Receives Pro Bono Award
- Alabama Veteran Awarded Congressional Gold Medal
- Beasley Allen Provides Help For The Holidays
- More Than 2,000 Lawyers Pre-Registered For Seventh Annual Legal Conference In Montgomery
- Little Willy’s Recalls Hooded Sweatshirts Due To Strangulation Hazard
- American Boy And Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due To Choking Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Babycottons
- L.L. Bean Girl’s Pajamas Recalled
- I experience some of the same problems with Flagstar, how do we get a class acti...
- Ford 2005 F-150 Regulator Failure - My regulator failed on the passenger side fr...
- I LOST BOTH OF MY LITTLE DOGS, ONLY THING IVE' CHANGED WAS BUYING SOME JERKY TRE...
- JUST RECEIVED A NEW POLOCY, THE OTHER'S ALSO INCLUDED WERE OVER 1900 PER YEAR, "...
- I HAVE EMAILED EVERYONE GOVERNMENTWIE FOR HELP. SOME RESPOND. FIRST TIME AND CU...
- my name above, my address is 100 Maywood Avenue, Sinking Spring, PA 19608. i W...
- My ex wife had my son 4 year on Pulmicort for about 4-5 months I mention to her ...
- I am in the same boat as all of you above, if any of you know a good lawyer plea...