Posts Tagged ‘rollover’
Product Liability - Monday, September 9, 2013 14:35 - 0 Comments
Lawyers in our firm are preparing a very important case for trial in Benton County, Arkansas. We represent the parents of a 17-year-old girl who was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way home from an after-school activity. She was driving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee along an interstate in Benton County when another driver merged onto the interstate and cut her off. When the other driver (who was speeding as he entered the interstate) struck our client’s Grand Cherokee, both vehicles rotated into a grass median and across into oncoming traffic. Although the other driver’s car spun and came to a stop without injuring the driver, the Grand Cherokee rolled over several times. Our client’s daughter was wearing her seatbelt, but was ejected from the Jeep and died when she struck the pavement.
We filed suit against the at-fault driver and his employer (a local real estate company) based on his reckless conduct, and also against Chrysler and Key Safety Systems for the defective design of the seatbelt buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee. The primary complaint with the seatbelt buckle is that it is capable of unlatching in a rollover accident as a result of inertial forces. After removing buckles from several vehicles in salvage yards, we discovered that there are two versions of the buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee: one like the one in our vehicle, and another that includes a device to prevent inertial unlatching.
Although Chrysler and Key Safety claim the design worn by our client’s daughter is safe, we look forward to presenting evidence to a Benton County jury in October that a safer alternative design existed that would have prevented this tragedy. This case is being handled and will be tried by Mike Andrews from our firm, along with Sean T. Keith and Anna Betts, who are with Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider & Pauline, based in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Vehicle Safety Components Manufactured in Unregulated Countries
- Cooper Tire Involved In Tragic Highway Crash
- Heavy Truck Case Is Settled
- An Update On The U-Haul Litigation
- Three Explorer Rollover Settlements
- The 15-Passenger Van Is Still Dangerous
- Weak Roof Increases Severe Injury and Death In Rollover Crashes
- Cooper Tire Held Responsible For Fatal Minivan Rollover
- Yamaha Rhino demonstrated for CPSC
- ATV accidents bring heartbreak to families
- Jury awards $8.6 million in SUV rollover
- Comparison of the tests run by NHTSA and safety group
- New rollover study shows federal government’s roof strength standard will not protect vehicle occupants
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- The Selma March
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- Class Action Sought For Toyota’s Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Safety Institute Announces Quarterly Vehicle Safety Watch List
- Automakers Hire Rocket Science Company To Find Cause Of Exploding Air Bags
- Takata Must Preserve Recalled Air Bag Evidence
- President Obama Now Says He Wants To Reverse Citizens United
- Drug Companies Outsourcing Safety Monitoring To Cut Costs
- FTC’s Provigil Pay-For-Delay Suit Passes Actavis Test
- S&P Pays $1.4 Billion In Settlement With DOJ For Inflating Ratings Before 2008 Mortgage Crisis
- High Court Rules That It Is Unfair For Dentists To Limit Teeth-Bleaching Providers
- Governor Robert Bentley Steps Up To The Plate
- BP Claims That Deepwater Claims Administrator Has Conflict
- I have a 2004 E350 6.0 diesel that I bought from a company called Sports mobile ...
- my tel # 340-220-3215 I wanted to know if you handled Plavix lawsuits fro...
- my claim # is UJT-10383314601 236605 no claim form attached to the notice i rec...
- We have a 2005 excursion 4x4 6.0 limited. Since buying a couple of years ago wit...
- Our 2003 Ford Windstar had a dealer installed patch put on the rear axle a coupl...
- HAVE A 2010 MAZDA RX7 TURBO 32000 MILES ON IT HAD TO HAVE THE ENGINE AND TURBO ...
- am I being represented in this settlement?who is Virginia lawyer?how can I conta...
- Nope. No osha regulations. Just called today to ask since the company I work for...