Posts Tagged ‘rollover’
Product Liability - Monday, September 9, 2013 14:35 - 0 Comments
Lawyers in our firm are preparing a very important case for trial in Benton County, Arkansas. We represent the parents of a 17-year-old girl who was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way home from an after-school activity. She was driving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee along an interstate in Benton County when another driver merged onto the interstate and cut her off. When the other driver (who was speeding as he entered the interstate) struck our client’s Grand Cherokee, both vehicles rotated into a grass median and across into oncoming traffic. Although the other driver’s car spun and came to a stop without injuring the driver, the Grand Cherokee rolled over several times. Our client’s daughter was wearing her seatbelt, but was ejected from the Jeep and died when she struck the pavement.
We filed suit against the at-fault driver and his employer (a local real estate company) based on his reckless conduct, and also against Chrysler and Key Safety Systems for the defective design of the seatbelt buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee. The primary complaint with the seatbelt buckle is that it is capable of unlatching in a rollover accident as a result of inertial forces. After removing buckles from several vehicles in salvage yards, we discovered that there are two versions of the buckle installed in the Grand Cherokee: one like the one in our vehicle, and another that includes a device to prevent inertial unlatching.
Although Chrysler and Key Safety claim the design worn by our client’s daughter is safe, we look forward to presenting evidence to a Benton County jury in October that a safer alternative design existed that would have prevented this tragedy. This case is being handled and will be tried by Mike Andrews from our firm, along with Sean T. Keith and Anna Betts, who are with Keith, Miller, Butler, Schneider & Pauline, based in Rogers, Arkansas.
- Vehicle Safety Components Manufactured in Unregulated Countries
- Cooper Tire Involved In Tragic Highway Crash
- Heavy Truck Case Is Settled
- An Update On The U-Haul Litigation
- Three Explorer Rollover Settlements
- The 15-Passenger Van Is Still Dangerous
- Weak Roof Increases Severe Injury and Death In Rollover Crashes
- Cooper Tire Held Responsible For Fatal Minivan Rollover
- Yamaha Rhino demonstrated for CPSC
- ATV accidents bring heartbreak to families
- Jury awards $8.6 million in SUV rollover
- Comparison of the tests run by NHTSA and safety group
- New rollover study shows federal government’s roof strength standard will not protect vehicle occupants
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Kiddie Korral Recalls Girls Hoodies With Ponies
- Giggles International Recalls Animated Monkey Toy
- Schneider Electric Recalls PowerPact J-Frame Circuit Breakers
- Wegmans Food Markets Recalls Moody Face Stress Balls
- Dream On Me Recalls Incredible Play Yards
- GCI Outdoor Recalls To Repair Stadium Seats
- Horizon Hobby Recalls HobbyZone Super Cub S Radio-Controlled Aircraft
- Lenovo Recalls Computer Power Cords
- Daikin Recall Air Purifiers Due To Fire Hazard
- Bicycle Helmets Recalled By UVEX Sports Due To Risk Of Head Injury
- Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Forks Due To Risk Of Fall Hazard
- I am in the same boat going on 3+ years of lost docs, trial paperwork allegedly ...
- Chase continues to do this in Maryland in 2015. I plan to cancel my mortgage an...
- Sorrry .. Last post had incorrect email addy for the lawyer ... It is bill.hopki...
- THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM FORD !!!! ... DO SOMETHING "NOW" TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMER...
- i need some money...
- I have been working with Wells Fargo modification for 3 years. I completed trial...
- I don't know who you are. I can tell how frustrated you are. Check this out I wi...
- I understand everyone that lost loved ones during the event at the movies but, e...