Posts Tagged ‘republican primary’
Legislative Happenings, Politics - Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:17 - 0 Comments
Bill Hightower, a Mobile businessman, won the special election for Alabama State Senate District 35. He defeated Jim Barton, his opponent in the Republican Primary runoff. Hightower took 64 percent of the votes to Barton’s 36 percent. There will be a general election on the 23rd of this month, but that is a mere formality since Hightower will face only write-in opponents. Barton, who is a state representative, will retain his House seat.
Hightower nearly won without the need for a runoff in the first round of voting, taking 46.5 percent of the votes. Rep. Barton had endorsements from Nick Matranga, who ran third in the first vote, and Speaker of the House Mike Hubbard, and was also well financed in the race. But none of this was enough to overtake Hightower.
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...