Posts Tagged ‘reclining seats’
Product Liability - Saturday, July 31, 2010 15:21 - 0 Comments
In April, a federal jury in Texas found that Hyundai Motor Company’s reclining seat caused the death of a passenger in a single car accident of a 2005 Hyundai Tucson Sport Utility Vehicle. Todd Tracy, a very good lawyer from Dallas, has been warning drivers for decades that reclining seats can kill or cause severe injury to passengers in car accidents. Todd, who handled the case for the family of Sarah Goodner, made this observation:
The automobile industry and auto dealerships advertise reclining seats as an inexpensive luxury accessory for passenger comfort on the road and highway. They tell car buyers that the family can lay back, rest, and even sleep. But for dozens of years there’s been growing evidence that reclining seats kill or cause severe injury such as paralysis in car accidents.
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Energy Drinks And Powdered Caffeine Can Be Very Dangerous
- Benzene Causes Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Trial Judge Upholds The $55 Million Seat Belt Defect Verdict Against Honda
- Buyers Must Beware When Buying Chinese Tires
- A Settlement Reached With General Motors In Dallas County, Alabama
- Jurors Find In Favor Of A Couple In Their Blood Bank That Supplied HIV-Tainted Blood To Hospital For Blood Transfusion
- Verdict Returned Against Volkswagen And Honeywell In Georgia Court
- Hospice Facility And Its Manager/Majority Owner Will Pay $4.86 Million To Resolve Continuous Home Care Hospice Fraud Allegations
- Florida Dentist Accused Of Using Children In Medicaid Fraud Scheme
- U.S. Recovers $115 Million In Whistleblower Fraud Cases Against Adventist Healthcare
- BASF Took On Here Liabilities From Engelhard Corp.
- Correction, it's now October 9, 2015...
- I remember the Black Carbon situation and yes we were settled with and was told ...
- Yesterday, I received a check (almost $10,000.00) out of the settlement from the...
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
- my toyota corolla ce 2004 model power steering is stiff when the engine is idle ...