Posts Tagged ‘OSHA’
Employment and FLSA Litigation - Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:28 - 0 Comments
Federal regulators have ordered Union Pacific to pay $350,000 to a long-time employee who was disciplined after reporting an injury. The railroad says it plans to appeal. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), this is the third time since 2011 that Union Pacific had violated federal rules by disciplining workers who reported injuries and sought treatment. OSHA says a locomotive engineer based in North Platte, Neb., who was injured in a December 2013 collision, was disciplined afterward. According to OSHA, this worker had never been disciplined before in 35 years of working for the railroad. A Union Pacific spokesman, Aaron Hunt, says the railroad strongly disagrees with the regulator’s findings and will definitely appeal.
Source: Insurance Journal
- Maine Business Faces $100,000 Federal Fines For Alleged Safety Violations
- OSHA Cites Mississippi Dollar General Store
- OSHA Fines Two Arkansas Firms For Safety Violations
- Alabama Chicken Producer Wayne Farms Fined For Labor Violations
- OSHA Investigates Fatal Fracking Accident In Colorado
- OSHA Announces Initiative To Prevent Exposure To Hazardous Chemicals In The Workplace
- Asbestos In Women’s Makeup Can Pose A Hazard
- Oklahoma Plating Company Fined $341,500 For Workplace Safety Violations
- OSHA Revises Worker Injury Reporting Requirements
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- The Oversight Of Chemical Plants Is Lacking
- Update On Forklift Safety
- Steel Company Fined $37,000 In Stadium Construction Death
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Bank Settles Suit Over Force-Placed Flood Insurance
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Parting Words
- Our Monthly Reminders
- The Country Lost A True Public Servant When Beau Biden Died At Age 46
- Sean Kane Keeps A Watchful Eye On Hazardous Products
- Public Citizen Works For People
- Beasley Allen Lawyer Ali Hawthorne Talks to WAKA TV About Tire Safety
- Mary Smitherman
- Larry Golston
- Dana Taunton
- Bunnies By The Bay Recalls Pull Toys Due To Choking Hazard
- Walgreens Vitamins Recalled By International Vitamin
- What a joke, we have just stated on the 1f journey. LG is a very poor excuse for...
- I found it very useful. My Mother passed last year with a very similar story.
- Just dropped my 04 off this morning for the 4th failed window regulator since I ...
- There once was an institution called the usbank.
I am a disabled vet and soon t...
- The big bad us bank or should I say the ssbank did this flood insurance thing to...
- Hi Mark,
That is scary about your tire separation. We are thankful nobody was...
- I just had a G159 245 70r19.5 on a 35ft Class A Motor Home fail due to tread sep...
- 2005 F150 4 door. I have replaced every window motor once and the two front ones...