Posts Tagged ‘OSHA’
Workplace Hazards - Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:33 - 0 Comments
A Dollar General store in south Mississippi has been cited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for safety hazards. OSHA said in a news release this is the second time the Brooklyn, Miss., store has been cited for the same hazards. It was cited for the same violations in 2010. Brooklyn is located on U.S. Highway 49 between Hattiesburg and Wiggins. Since I attended a junior college in that area, I am familiar with the town. OSHA has proposed penalties of $51,700. OSHA says the store had failed to ensure that exit routes, fire extinguishers and electrical access panels were not blocked by merchandise, display racks or supplies. Additionally, the employer failed to inspect portable fire extinguishers annually. Dollar General, headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tenn., is a discount retailer that employs more than 90,000 workers nationwide.
Source: Claims Journal
- OSHA Fines Two Arkansas Firms For Safety Violations
- Alabama Chicken Producer Wayne Farms Fined For Labor Violations
- OSHA Investigates Fatal Fracking Accident In Colorado
- OSHA Announces Initiative To Prevent Exposure To Hazardous Chemicals In The Workplace
- Asbestos In Women’s Makeup Can Pose A Hazard
- Oklahoma Plating Company Fined $341,500 For Workplace Safety Violations
- OSHA Revises Worker Injury Reporting Requirements
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- The Oversight Of Chemical Plants Is Lacking
- Update On Forklift Safety
- Steel Company Fined $37,000 In Stadium Construction Death
- Florida Company Fined By OSHA
- Georgia Plant Gets 32 Health And Safety Citations
- Continental Recalls 8,070 Motorcycle Tires
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- Korean Automakers Hyundai And Kia Agree To Record U.S. Settlement For Mileage Fraud
- General Motors Is Sued By Arizona For $3 Billion Over Recalls
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against General Motors
- NHTSA Probes Honda Accord Power Steering Issues
- NHTSA Fines Ferrari $3.5 Million Over Safety Reports
- AutoNation Halts Sales Of Used Cars In Air Bag Recalls
- Audi Air Bags May Not Fire When Ready
- Honda Repair Deal In Faulty Side Air Bag Class Action
- Honda Failed To Report 1,729 Deaths And Injuries Since 2003
- Obama Nominates Mark Rosekind To Lead NHTSA
- NHTSA Probes Honda’s Reporting Of Defective Air Bags
- The judge approved the settlement. Now it's up to DG issuing checks, etc. We'r...
- i signed a lot of paperwork back in 2010 ....
need to change address from. ...
- Dear Sir: i am about to take a case against VW to a Federal Court Jury trial in ...
- 2004 350 6.0 Powerstrike diesel Navistar engine. PLEASE advise on how to be par...
- This recall is a night mare. One week after purchasing new tires back in August...
- We recently lost our home to foreclosure by Flagstar. After months of applying ...
- Safety starts at the top of an organization. This takes management commitment, w...
- I also lost my home to foreclosure due to Flagstar's failure to process my reque...