Posts Tagged ‘OSHA’
Employment and FLSA Litigation - Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:28 - 0 Comments
Federal regulators have ordered Union Pacific to pay $350,000 to a long-time employee who was disciplined after reporting an injury. The railroad says it plans to appeal. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), this is the third time since 2011 that Union Pacific had violated federal rules by disciplining workers who reported injuries and sought treatment. OSHA says a locomotive engineer based in North Platte, Neb., who was injured in a December 2013 collision, was disciplined afterward. According to OSHA, this worker had never been disciplined before in 35 years of working for the railroad. A Union Pacific spokesman, Aaron Hunt, says the railroad strongly disagrees with the regulator’s findings and will definitely appeal.
Source: Insurance Journal
- Maine Business Faces $100,000 Federal Fines For Alleged Safety Violations
- OSHA Cites Mississippi Dollar General Store
- OSHA Fines Two Arkansas Firms For Safety Violations
- Alabama Chicken Producer Wayne Farms Fined For Labor Violations
- OSHA Investigates Fatal Fracking Accident In Colorado
- OSHA Announces Initiative To Prevent Exposure To Hazardous Chemicals In The Workplace
- Asbestos In Women’s Makeup Can Pose A Hazard
- Oklahoma Plating Company Fined $341,500 For Workplace Safety Violations
- OSHA Revises Worker Injury Reporting Requirements
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- The Oversight Of Chemical Plants Is Lacking
- Update On Forklift Safety
- Steel Company Fined $37,000 In Stadium Construction Death
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Jere Beasley Report, September 2015
- Jeep Grand Cherokees Under NHTSA Probe After Rollaway Reports
- Honda Reportedly Facing Probe Over Air Bag Failure Claims
- Hyundai Can’t Escape Suit Over Santa Fe Stalling Defect
- NHTSA Questions Takata And Volkswagen Over Air Bag Incident In New SUV
- Senators Want Full Takata Recall
- Takata Plans Ad Campaign To Alert Drivers Of Recalled Air Bag Risk
- Takata To Stop Using Volatile Chemical In Airbags
- Chrysler Facing Class Action Over Jeep Transmission Defects
- NHTSA Won’t Investigate Alleged Toyota Acceleration Defect
- NHTSA Won’t Investigate Chrysler Power Module Defect Claims
- There is no doubt that there are many other providers like TRINITY who provides ...
- When can we expect payment...
- I'm not sure of the website question above but; My question is, how do I determi...
Are you looking for xarelto leads?...
- 2008 F150 super cab, passenger side window will not roll down. Stopped working a...
- I TIRED STATER, SLATER & ROSENBERG 8-9 YEARS AGO. IT WAS WHEN THE NEWS CAME ...
- 2004 F-150 Supercrew FX4 with 83,000 miles, I will be contacting the attorney li...
- I just had the first failure on my 2005 F-150 (76,000 miles) this morning on my ...