Posts Tagged ‘OSHA’
Workplace Hazards - Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:33 - 0 Comments
A Dollar General store in south Mississippi has been cited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for safety hazards. OSHA said in a news release this is the second time the Brooklyn, Miss., store has been cited for the same hazards. It was cited for the same violations in 2010. Brooklyn is located on U.S. Highway 49 between Hattiesburg and Wiggins. Since I attended a junior college in that area, I am familiar with the town. OSHA has proposed penalties of $51,700. OSHA says the store had failed to ensure that exit routes, fire extinguishers and electrical access panels were not blocked by merchandise, display racks or supplies. Additionally, the employer failed to inspect portable fire extinguishers annually. Dollar General, headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tenn., is a discount retailer that employs more than 90,000 workers nationwide.
Source: Claims Journal
- OSHA Fines Two Arkansas Firms For Safety Violations
- Alabama Chicken Producer Wayne Farms Fined For Labor Violations
- OSHA Investigates Fatal Fracking Accident In Colorado
- OSHA Announces Initiative To Prevent Exposure To Hazardous Chemicals In The Workplace
- Asbestos In Women’s Makeup Can Pose A Hazard
- Oklahoma Plating Company Fined $341,500 For Workplace Safety Violations
- OSHA Revises Worker Injury Reporting Requirements
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- The Oversight Of Chemical Plants Is Lacking
- Update On Forklift Safety
- Steel Company Fined $37,000 In Stadium Construction Death
- Florida Company Fined By OSHA
- Georgia Plant Gets 32 Health And Safety Citations
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- i don' know where is the form to fill up
- do i need to fill up the form
claim UJT-10073675001 Johnson vs USCB...
- sending this in hope for that you receive this and respond . Do I need to fill o...
- I recently saw an episode of BAR on WSFA regarding trying to get the legislature...
- I have a 2004 F150 Lariat crew cab. Driving home from work in 2011 (cold weather...
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...