Posts Tagged ‘OSHA’
Employment and FLSA Litigation - Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:28 - 0 Comments
Federal regulators have ordered Union Pacific to pay $350,000 to a long-time employee who was disciplined after reporting an injury. The railroad says it plans to appeal. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), this is the third time since 2011 that Union Pacific had violated federal rules by disciplining workers who reported injuries and sought treatment. OSHA says a locomotive engineer based in North Platte, Neb., who was injured in a December 2013 collision, was disciplined afterward. According to OSHA, this worker had never been disciplined before in 35 years of working for the railroad. A Union Pacific spokesman, Aaron Hunt, says the railroad strongly disagrees with the regulator’s findings and will definitely appeal.
Source: Insurance Journal
- Maine Business Faces $100,000 Federal Fines For Alleged Safety Violations
- OSHA Cites Mississippi Dollar General Store
- OSHA Fines Two Arkansas Firms For Safety Violations
- Alabama Chicken Producer Wayne Farms Fined For Labor Violations
- OSHA Investigates Fatal Fracking Accident In Colorado
- OSHA Announces Initiative To Prevent Exposure To Hazardous Chemicals In The Workplace
- Asbestos In Women’s Makeup Can Pose A Hazard
- Oklahoma Plating Company Fined $341,500 For Workplace Safety Violations
- OSHA Revises Worker Injury Reporting Requirements
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- The Oversight Of Chemical Plants Is Lacking
- Update On Forklift Safety
- Steel Company Fined $37,000 In Stadium Construction Death
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Favorite Bible Verses
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Parting Words
- The Persons Who Cheated Cancer Patients Should Be Put In Jail
- Some Monthly Reminders
- ARCA Driver Grant Enfinger Hits A Wall At Talladega But Keeps On Charging
- Fellowship Of Christian Athletes Sets A Foundation For The Spirit, Mind And Body
- The Bronner Vision For Golf Has Been Very Good For Alabama
- Tire Inspection Event Held In Prattville, Alabama
- Sandra Moates
- Katy Morgan
- Elizabeth Eiland
- Beau Darley
- Worked at sun shipbuilding and dry dock company as a machinist
Worked at genera...
- We just had our roof inspected because of a storm that came through for damage, ...
- I am the original owner of a 2006 HHR. It makes me sad to know that I will proba...
- To Whom it may concern
My 2004 Ford F150 Driver's side Window went down last ...
- Please help. Have house and out building with Certainteed Horizon Arch Greysto...
- I have 2 yrs worth of documentation about Flagstar's inept ability to process a ...
- I retired from a plant in sandusky Oh. that USED to make manual window regulator...
- I have three house the the new horizon shingles that I'm having problems with di...