Posts Tagged ‘Oklahoma City’
The Corporate World - Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:33 - 0 Comments
It appears that the Federal Housing Administration is following through on promises to get tough on lenders. The federal mortgage insurer pulled the licenses of three lenders and a fourth lender was suspended. The FHA ejected Strategic Mortgage Corp., of Oklahoma City, Okla.; ProMortgage Inc., of Claremore, Okla.; and Americare Investment Group Inc., of Arlington, Texas. It suspended Home Mortgage Inc., of Burr Ridge, Ill., for six months. Strategic and ProMortage were ejected for failing to uphold FHA loan standards, including charging excessive fees and having poor quality controls. Americare violated terms of a previous settlement, and Home Mortgage failed to disclose the indictment of a part-owner.
As you probably know, the FHA doesn’t make loans but only insures lenders against losses. The FHA’s capital cushion has eroded sharply because of rising mortgage defaults. Officials of FHA have promised to be vigilant in cracking down on lenders they believe are putting the agency’s reserves at risk. Hopefully, they are serious and will continue to follow up on this promise.
Source: Wall Street Journal
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...
- When would we get paid?...