Posts Tagged ‘Mesothelioma’
Workplace Hazards - Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:52 - 0 Comments
A jury in Delaware has awarded $2.86 million to an Ohio family in an asbestos lawsuit against a New York mining company. The award was to the family of Michael Galliher, who died from mesothelioma, an aggressive cancer caused by exposure to asbestos fibers. The award against RT Vanderbilt is the largest asbestos verdict against a single Defendant in Delaware in more than a decade. Galliher was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma in August 2010. He died six months later at age 62.
Galliher used a talc powder contaminated with asbestos fibers to dust large molds of sinks, bathtubs and other ceramic fixtures while working at Crane Plumbing Fixtures Factory for nearly 40 years. The asbestos fibers came from a mine in Gouverneur, N.Y., owned and operated by RT Vanderbilt, a mining and manufacturing company that sells more than 60 categories of minerals and chemicals used in more than 800 products.
Expert testimony was introduced at trial to link Galliher’s exposure to the asbestos-laced talc dust to his cancer. The theory of liability was that RT Vanderbilt sold its talc without adequate safety warnings. Alton-based law firm Simmons Browder Gianaris Angelides & Barnerd Simmons attorneys Randy Cohn, Conard Metcalf and Bill Kohlburn represented Galliher’s family against RT Vanderbilt Inc.
- Respirator Manufacturers May Be Liable For Asbestos Exposure
- New President At AAJ
- The federal and state governments urge caution on restoration activities
- New Jersey high court denies Exxon appeal
- Montgomery Mayor Declares Asbestos Awareness Week
- Stephanie Morgan
- Beasley Allen Takes on Several Defective Product Cases
- Secondhand exposure to asbestos is a problem
- $10.2 million award in Mesothelioma lawsuit
- Stephanie Wall
- Mesothelioma case results in $700,000 verdict for victims family
- Beasley Allen recognizes Mesothelioma Awareness Day
- Jury Rules for a former drywaller with Mesothelioma
- Wendi Lewis
- Ben Locklar moves to Personal Injury/ Product Liability Section
- Settlement pending in case against CBS for Asbestos in CSI toy
- Jere Beasley Report, August 2009
- Wendi Lewis attends Mesothelioma Symposium in Nation’s Capitol
- Asbestos cleanup emergency declared in Montana town
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...
- When would we get paid?...
- Would like to know how much longer will it be before we get paid....