Posts Tagged ‘Johnson & Johnson’
Recalls Update - Thursday, May 2, 2013 17:36 - 0 Comments
Johnson & Johnson’s LifeScan Inc. unit has recalled nearly 2 million blood glucose meters across the globe after discovering that the meters malfunction when they register extremely high readings. According to the company, three brands of its blood glucose meters shut off when they encounter blood glucose levels of 1024 milligrams per deciliter and higher, rather than display a warning to users that they should seek immediate medical attention. The meters should display the warning for glucose readings of more than 600 mg/dL. Without the warning, patients may not receive the treatment necessary for extreme hyperglycemia, which could result in a serious health risk or fatality, LifeScan said.
While LifeScan is only recalling approximately 90,000 OneTouch Verio IQ meters in the U.S., it’s calling back nearly 1.9 million meters under the OneTouch Verio IQ, OneTouch Verio Pro and OneTouch Verio Pro+ brands in other markets worldwide for the similar faulty reading issues. So far, there have been no patient injury reports within the U.S. and one serious adverse event report outside the country.
LifeScan noted that patients could continue to use the faulty blood glucose meters while awaiting their replacements, but said they should contact a physician if their meter unexpectedly shuts off during testing. It advised health care professionals to stop distributing the meters. “The likelihood of experiencing an extremely high blood glucose level of 1024 mg/dL or higher is remote; however, when such a blood glucose level occurs, it is a serious health risk requiring immediate medical attention,” the company said in a statement.
LifeScan had issued another recall in March of this year for five faulty lots of its OneTouch Ultra Control Solution, which is used to verify meters and test strips work together correctly. According to the company, the solution lots at issue may say the blood glucose meters are malfunctioning when they work properly, which could prompt users to delay blood sugar testing until the issue is resolved.
- Result In Gross Case Is A Beacon Of Hope For TV Mesh Sufferers
- Jury Tells Johnson & Johnson To Pay $8.3 Million Over Defective Hip Replacement
- $11.1 Million Awarded In Vaginal Mesh Case Against Johnson & Johnson
- Jury Awards $63 Million to Teenage Girl in Motrin Case
- Jury Awards $3.35 Million in Vaginal Mesh Case Against J&J
- Internal Report Reveals DePuy ASR Hips Were Barely Tested Before Marketing
- Thousands of Women Sue Over Surgical Mesh
- More Trials Set For Vaginal Mesh Litigation
- Johnson & Johnson To Remove Cancer Causing Chemicals
- Some Birth Control Associated With Increased Blood Clot Risk
- Lawsuit Filed By Parents Of Baby Who Died After Taking Tylenol
- Judge Approves $158 Million Drug Settlement In Texas
- Arkansas Judge Fines Johnson & Johnson $1.1 Billion In Risperdal Case
- TVM Update
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation
- J & J Delayed Reporting Insulin Pump Problems
- J & J Halted Doribax Trial Due To Safety Issues
- Lawsuit Filed Against Tylenol Maker Over Boy’s Death
- Johnson & Johnson To Pay $1 Billion In Risperdal Marketing Probe
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...