Posts Tagged ‘Hurrican Katrina’
Product Liability - Friday, May 11, 2012 10:08 - 1 Comment
Nearly two dozen companies that manufactured government-issued trailers for storm victims after Hurricane Katrina have agreed to pay almost $15 million in a class-action settlement of claims that the temporary shelters exposed occupants to hazardous fumes. The proposed settlement could benefit tens of thousands of Gulf Coast residents who lived in travel trailers provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency after hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.
Twenty-one trailer makers or their insurers will pay a total of $14.8 million to resolve the claims without any admission of wrongdoing. U.S. District Judge Kurt Engelhardt had been asked to preliminarily approve the deal, which would be the largest mass settlement of claims over formaldehyde levels in FEMA trailers. Gerald Meunier, a lawyer who is with the New Orleans firm Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, represents the Plaintiff in the lawsuit giving rise to this settlement.
Source: Claims Journal
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...