Posts Tagged ‘helicopter crash’
Transportation - Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:08 - 0 Comments
A jury in Nevada has awarded $16 million to the families of four passengers who were killed in a December 2011 helicopter crash near Lake Mead. The jurors found against Sundance Helicopters Inc. in a wrongful death case filed by the families. Sadly, the people killed in the crash included a honeymooning couple from India and a couple who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. The 31-year-old pilot was also killed.
Last year, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) cited “inadequate maintenance” for the December 2011 crash of the helicopter owned by Sundance Helicopters Inc. The crash occurred during a scenic twilight tour of Hoover Dam and the Lake Mead reservoir on the Colorado River. Investigators found a crucial bolt may have been reused too many times and improperly installed, with the mistake having not been found during inspections.
Source: Claims Journal
- $3.3 Million Verdict Against TRW In Faulty Air Bag Lawsuit
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- An Explanation of How Beasley Allen is Structured
- The Eighth Annual Beasley Allen Legal Conference
- More On Ionization Smoke Detectors
- NHTSA Considers Vehicle Electronics Rule
- Continental Recalls 170,000 Defective Motorcycle Tires
- Virginia Woman Paralyzed In Miata Car Crash Awarded $20 Million
- Bessemer Jury Returns $9.9 Million Verdict In Mazda Fire Case
- Defrauding The Military Is All Too Common
- JPMorgan Fined $78 Million By The European Commission
- $28 Million Verdict Upheld In Wyoming Carbon Monoxide Case
- Judge Vance Lifts Temporary Restraining Order Preventing Publication Of Alagasco Documents
- HI, just want to notify you of a change of address.
- Same thing happened too my 17 yr old in an 08 kia rio...
- I too was scammed by Flagstar Bank. I tried to get a modification on my mortgag...
- I have a 2004 F-150 XLT which I purchased new in Jan. 2004. The truck has only ...
- Deuy lawsuit. I have been reading , on internet, that lawsuits filed after Augu...
- Had to contact and comment on the MTD log splitter recall. There should be a sta...
- A couple month ago, 2010 Cobalt had ignition switch & keys replace per recal...
- trying to get a update on the lawsuite