Posts Tagged ‘helicopter crash’
Transportation - Thursday, February 6, 2014 14:00 - 0 Comments
We wrote last month about the $100 million lawsuit filed against a Florida billionaire over a 2012 helicopter crash in the Bahamas that killed a prominent tax lawyer. We observed that following the lawsuit would be most entertaining. It now appears my assessment was correct. The widow of Lance Valdez filed the wrongful death suit in a Miami federal court against real estate magnate Jeffrey Soffer, a billionaire who owns the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach. The widow’s lawyer filed a voluntary withdrawal of the first suit last month.
But the widow subsequently filed a second wrongful death suit against the pilot of the craft, who she now says was none other than Jeffrey Soffer. She claims that Soffer “coaxed her” into signing a release in exchange for a $2 million insurance payout. Just days after withdrawing her complaint in federal court, Daria Pastouhkova Gogoleva, the widow, filed the second suit in a Florida state court on behalf of herself and her three children.
Mrs. Gogoleva claims that Soffer and the three other surviving members of the crash conspired to hide the fact that he was flying the aircraft. She contends that the four individuals represented to her and others that a licensed helicopter pilot, David Pearce, was in control of the helicopter at the time of the crash. She now says that Soffer was flying the aircraft. Stay tuned for further development in this litigation.
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- hello just want you a up date mt email change to
firstname.lastname@example.org can you...
- Was just wondering if you can still be in this lawsuit. I was a manager for 8 yr...
- I keep reading that the pratice of steering is illegal and whole-heartidly suppo...
- Hello William, thank you for your question. We are not aware of any pending liti...
- Has litigation commenced as a result of this recall?...
- Sorry I meant to say settlement papers, but I did speak to someone in the Lawyer...
- I just spoke to someone and was told it will be another month or two before I wi...
- 2005 F150 super cab. Driver side regulator just broke. Dealer wants $200 just fo...