Posts Tagged ‘helicopter crash’
Transportation - Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:08 - 0 Comments
A jury in Nevada has awarded $16 million to the families of four passengers who were killed in a December 2011 helicopter crash near Lake Mead. The jurors found against Sundance Helicopters Inc. in a wrongful death case filed by the families. Sadly, the people killed in the crash included a honeymooning couple from India and a couple who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. The 31-year-old pilot was also killed.
Last year, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) cited “inadequate maintenance” for the December 2011 crash of the helicopter owned by Sundance Helicopters Inc. The crash occurred during a scenic twilight tour of Hoover Dam and the Lake Mead reservoir on the Colorado River. Investigators found a crucial bolt may have been reused too many times and improperly installed, with the mistake having not been found during inspections.
Source: Claims Journal
- Continental Recalls 8,070 Motorcycle Tires
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- Korean Automakers Hyundai And Kia Agree To Record U.S. Settlement For Mileage Fraud
- General Motors Is Sued By Arizona For $3 Billion Over Recalls
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against General Motors
- NHTSA Probes Honda Accord Power Steering Issues
- NHTSA Fines Ferrari $3.5 Million Over Safety Reports
- AutoNation Halts Sales Of Used Cars In Air Bag Recalls
- Audi Air Bags May Not Fire When Ready
- Honda Repair Deal In Faulty Side Air Bag Class Action
- Honda Failed To Report 1,729 Deaths And Injuries Since 2003
- Obama Nominates Mark Rosekind To Lead NHTSA
- NHTSA Probes Honda’s Reporting Of Defective Air Bags
- 2004 350 6.0 Powerstrike diesel Navistar engine. PLEASE advise on how to be par...
- This recall is a night mare. One week after purchasing new tires back in August...
- We recently lost our home to foreclosure by Flagstar. After months of applying ...
- Safety starts at the top of an organization. This takes management commitment, w...
- I also lost my home to foreclosure due to Flagstar's failure to process my reque...
- The judge in the case has to approve any settlement terms. Don't hold your brea...
- I have a 2004 f250 perestroika diesel I baught the truck 2 years ago and ran fin...
- We should be able to get an lawsuit without paying an lawyer against Flagstar Ba...