Posts Tagged ‘helicopter crash’
Transportation - Thursday, February 6, 2014 14:00 - 0 Comments
We wrote last month about the $100 million lawsuit filed against a Florida billionaire over a 2012 helicopter crash in the Bahamas that killed a prominent tax lawyer. We observed that following the lawsuit would be most entertaining. It now appears my assessment was correct. The widow of Lance Valdez filed the wrongful death suit in a Miami federal court against real estate magnate Jeffrey Soffer, a billionaire who owns the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach. The widow’s lawyer filed a voluntary withdrawal of the first suit last month.
But the widow subsequently filed a second wrongful death suit against the pilot of the craft, who she now says was none other than Jeffrey Soffer. She claims that Soffer “coaxed her” into signing a release in exchange for a $2 million insurance payout. Just days after withdrawing her complaint in federal court, Daria Pastouhkova Gogoleva, the widow, filed the second suit in a Florida state court on behalf of herself and her three children.
Mrs. Gogoleva claims that Soffer and the three other surviving members of the crash conspired to hide the fact that he was flying the aircraft. She contends that the four individuals represented to her and others that a licensed helicopter pilot, David Pearce, was in control of the helicopter at the time of the crash. She now says that Soffer was flying the aircraft. Stay tuned for further development in this litigation.
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
- how do I get this money...