Posts Tagged ‘FDA’
Mass Torts Update - Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:01 - 0 Comments
On July 13, 2011, the FDA issued an updated safety communication warning doctors, health care professionals and patients that the placement of surgical mesh through the vagina to treat pelvic organ prolapse may present greater risk for the patient than other options. This is also called transvaginal mesh, which is a surgically-implanted device that stretches across the vaginal wall to add extra support to damaged tissue.
Thus far, the FDA has received more than 1,000 patient reports regarding complications associated with the use of the mesh. According to the FDA, reported complications include the mesh becoming exposed or protruding out of the vaginal tissue, pain, infection, organ perforation and urinary problems. Some cases required additional surgery or hospitalization for treatment or to remove the mesh. If you need more information, contact Melissa Prickett, a lawyer in our Mass Torts Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Melissa.Prickett@beasleyallen.com.
- Audit Faults U.S. Monitoring Of Medical Device Recalls
- A Look At The Drug Topamax
- Novo Nordisk Pays $25 Million to Settle False Claims Act
- FDA Announces Stricter Sunscreen Rules
- Drug firms must speed up major trial risk reports
- FDA warns of fractures with osteoporosis drugs
- Meridia recall says lots about the FDA
- FDA admits mistake in approving knee implant device
- FDA to push for more investment in science
- Prescription Cat Food Recalled
- Bagged baby spinach salads recalled
- FDA Panel Votes To Restrict Avandia
- Jere Beasley Report, August 2010
- FDA Posts Safety Information On New Drugs
- FDA Fines Red Cross $16 Million For Safety Lapses
- Pfizer Receives Warning Letter From FDA
- Johnson & Johnson Faces Lawsuits And Federal Probes Over Recalls
- Paxil Birth Defects Cases Settled
- Proton Heartburn Drugs Linked To Wrist, Hip And Spine Fractures
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...
- When would we get paid?...