Posts Tagged ‘Employment’
Employment and FLSA Litigation - Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:57 - 0 Comments
The ground delivery unit of FedEx Corp. will pay $3 million to settle federal charges of hiring discrimination. The settlement with the Labor Department’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs covers wages and back interest to more than 21,000 job applicants who were rejected for positions at 23 facilities in 15 states. The agreement stems from a seven-year investigation into hiring practices at FedEx Ground Package System Inc. and FedEx SmartPost Inc. FedEx has agreed to offer jobs to about 1,700 of the affected workers as openings become available. The Labor Department says the allegations involved discrimination on the basis of race, sex and national origin, as well as record-keeping violations.
Source: Associated Press
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...
- When would we get paid?...