Posts Tagged ‘election’
Political Observations - Tuesday, August 10, 2010 15:56 - 0 Comments
The gubernatorial nominees from both the Democratic and Republican parties have promised to run positive campaigns, free of attack ads, in the general election. The people of Alabama deserve that sort of a campaign. Fortunately, both nominees made the pledge and for that Robert Bentley and Ron Sparks should be commended. I agree with Ron that Alabama deserves a clean campaign run on the issues because the state is facing so many problems, including the Gulf oil spill crisis and very high unemployment. All Alabamians also should agree and I believe most do.
The primary winners ran clean campaigns and that obviously paid off for them. Now we should all look forward to a campaign in the fall with real issues being debated. If I had to single out the main issues the two nominees should address, those would be: the creation of good paying jobs; improving public education at every level; and providing adequate health care to all Alabama citizens. Each candidate will have to explain to the voters that if no additional revenues are to be provided, exactly which state programs will be cut and within those programs exactly where the specific cuts will be made. Nobody who really understands the operations of state government and our system of public education can truthfully say that there are sufficient revenues coming in to fund existing programs without massive cuts. It will be interesting to see how this issue is handled this fall by the candidates as they approach the November 2nd Election Day.
- A Victory For The People In Senate District 28
- James Anderson Wins The Runoff
- A Candidate Supported By Only The People Wins
- Mike Bolin And Tom Parker Survive The Primary
- Democratic Candidates Were All Unopposed In The Supreme Court Races
- The Worst Performance Of All Was In The GOP Race For Attorney General
- A Look To 2011
- There Will Be New Faces In The Alabama Legislature
- James Anderson Ran Extremely Well
- Kay Ivey Survives The Republican Primary
- Jim Folsom Did It The Easy Way
- Billy Beasley Leads In The District 28 Senate Race
- An Important Development
- The GOP Run-Off In The Governor’s Race
- Ron Sparks Wins A Decisive Victory
- A Look At The Primary Results
- Alabama Citizens Want Non-Partisan Judicial Elections
- A Preview Of The June 1st Primary
- Judicial Races Are No Place For Politics Or Partisanship
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...