Posts Tagged ‘crib recall’
Recalls Update - Thursday, May 2, 2013 17:23 - 0 Comments
About 73,000 PT Domusindo Perdana drop-side cribs have been recalled by JC Penney Corp., of Plano, Texas. The cribs’ drop sides can malfunction, detach or otherwise fail, causing part of the drop side to fall out of position, creating a space into which an infant or toddler can roll and become wedged or entrapped, which can lead to strangulation or suffocation. A child can also fall out of the crib. Drop-side incidents can also occur due to incorrect assembly and with age-related wear and tear.
This recall includes 14 models of PT Domusindo Perdana wooden drop-side cribs. The name, model number and date codes are printed on the plywood mattress board.
Model Number Description Date Code
343-1509 Jenny Lind Crib 01/1991-12/1997
343-3810 Christopher Crib 2001
343-5500 Early American Crib 01/1998-12/1999
343-6771 Scottsdale Crib 01/1998/12/1999
Model Number Description Date Code
343-7100 Sleigh Crib without Rosette 01/2004-12/2006
343-7134 Sleigh Crib 01/2001-2/2004
343-7144 Anniversary Sleigh Crib 01/2002-12/2004
343-7753 Kristin Crib 01/1998-12/1999
343-8249 Cameron Crib 01/1998/12/1999
343-8020 Solid Panel Sleigh Crib 01/2001-12/2002
343-8070 Roll Bar Convertible Crib 01/2004-12/2005
343-8155 Anniversary Convertible Sleigh Crib 01/2002-12/2006
343-8200 Spindle Convertible Crib 01/2001-12/2005
343-8913 Bella 3-in-1 Crib 01/2005-12/2008
CPSC and JCPenney say they are aware of three incidents involving drop side rails that malfunctioned or detached. No injuries were reported. The cribs were sold at JCPenney.com and in the JCPenney catalog from January 1998 through December 2008 for between $200 and $400.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs and contact customer service at Modus Furniture International to get a free immobilizer kit that will immobilize the drop side. The immobilizer kits will be available in May 2013. In the meantime, parents are encouraged to find an alternate, safe sleep environment for the child, such as a bassinet, play yard or toddler bed depending on the child’s age. Consumers can contact Modus Furniture International at 1-800-827-2129 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the Modus website at www.savannababy.com and click on the Recall tab for more information. To see photos of the recalled products, go to http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/PT-Domusindo-Perdana-Recalls-Drop-Side-Cribs/.
- Safety Agency Intends To Ban Drop-Side Cribs
- Graco®-Branded Drop-Side Cribs Recalled
- Jardine Expands Recall Of Cribs Sold By Babies”R”Us
- Stork Craft Recalls More Than 500,000 Cribs
- Crib Warnings Missed Before Recall
- 2,000 Cribs Recalled After Infant’s Death
- Nearly 1.6 Million Cribs Recalled After 2 Deaths
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...