Posts Tagged ‘consumer product safety commission’
Premises Liability - Tuesday, August 7, 2012 15:46 - 0 Comments
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has approved new federal mandatory safety standards for children’s play yards. The requirements will include latches and locks that prevent the play yard from folding on a child when it is in use and minimum height requirements so children can’t get out on their own. The play yards will have to be tested to ensure they are stable and that a child can’t be trapped by an accessory attachment, in a flimsy floor or a top rail that folds down. The CPSC says it’s received reports of more than 2,100 incidents involving play yards, including 60 fatalities and 170 injuries, between November 2007 and December 2011. The new standards go into effect six months after the final rule is published in the Federal Register.
Source: Claims Journal
- Beware Of The Bad Boy Buggy
- Inflatable Pool Slide Recalled After 29-Year-Old Mother Is Killed
- Standards For Many Baby Products Not Required
- Toy Safety Issues Still Alarming
- Target Recalls Frog Halloween Costume Masks Over Suffocation Fears
- Federal Product Safety Database Faces First Legal Challenge
- Pediatrics Group Warns Against Crib Bumper Pads
- Federal Government Looks For Ways To Reduce Table Saw Injuries
- Recall Of Little Tikes Play Tool Sets
- Nine Companies Recall Fuel Gel For Firepots
- Illegal Used Cribs Still For Sale On Craigslist And eBay
- CVS To Pay $45,000 Civil Penalty For Failing To Report Safety Problem
- Macy’s To Pay Fine For Selling Drawstring Clothes
- GE Air Conditioners And Heaters Recalled For Repairs
- More Bunk Beds Recalled
- Bunk Bed Recall Prompted By Iowa Child’s Death
- Roman and Roller Shades by Smith + Noble Recalled
- Antonio Flores Pacifiers Recalled
- Pottery Barn Kids Recalls 82,000 Drop-Side Cribs
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...