Posts Tagged ‘claim’
Gulf Coast Disaster - Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:37 - 0 Comments
As we reported previously, all businesses in the affected Gulf Coast states have potential claims arising from the 2010 disaster in the Gulf. To date, our firm has filed claims for businesses with a cumulative value of over $65 million, and we are continuing to review and file claims for our clients every day. Simply put, any business in the affected Gulf Coast region could have a claim based upon the oil spill settlement. To qualify in the settlement, the majority of businesses need only show that their gross revenues for three consecutive months between May and December 2010 diminished 15% as compared to the same months in either 2009, the average of 2008-2009, or the average of 2007-2009, and their revenues increased by 10% for the same months in 2011. Importantly, outside of what the settlement’s methodologies require, a business is not required to draw a connection between the oil spill and their drop in revenues.
Importantly, unless a business has signed a final release with BP, it does not matter whether the business participated in the BP claims process, the Gulf Coast Claims Facility, or filed a lawsuit in the New Orleans Federal Court. Neither of those events are required for a business to now have a right file a claim. All qualifying businesses that can show damages within the settlement’s framework will be entitled to compensation.
Our law firm has over 50 lawyers, in-house consultants and staff working full time on these claims for our clients. Aside from interpreting and explaining the 1,200 page settlement document, we work closely with trained financial professionals in preparing, and if necessary, arguing, our clients’ claims in the settlement. Importantly, claimants who accept a payment in the settlement will have a limited time to bring in all of their other covered claims. Otherwise, those covered claims will be lost forever. We are finding that a business or professional that has a business claim, such as a doctor who owns a doctor’s office, may also own a beachfront condo, which would also be a property claim under the settlement. Those are two separate claims. It’s very important to get professional advice on how to proceed with claims covered by the settlement. It should be noted that there is no aggregate cap on the amount of the settlement fund.
Lawyers and staff in our firm continue to review hundreds of business claims each week. If you have any questions about a potential claim or the settlement, contact either Rhon Jones, John Tomlinson, Parker Miller, Chris Boutwell, or Sandra Walters at 800-898-2034 or by email at Rhon.Jones@beasleyallen.com, John.Tomlinson@beasleyallen.com, Parker.Miller@beasleyallen.com, Chris.Boutwell@beasleyallen.com or Sandra.Walters@beasleyallen.com.
- $20 Billion Oil Spill Fund May Start Payments In August
- BP Has Paid Less Than 12% Of Claims
- David Byrne
- Toyota Plays Hard Ball And Is Deceitful
- Transocean Wants Maritime Law To Limit Its Massive Liability
- Novartis Settles False Claims Suit For $72.5 Million
- Another $100 Million In Pharmaceutical Settlements
- Dee Miles To Serve On Important Toyota Committee
- Toyota Now Faces Hundreds Of State And Federal Lawsuits
- Mississippi Jury Awards $19 Million In Texaco Leaded Gas Suit
- Jury Awards $89 Million In Plane Crash Case
- Alabama Is Out Of Step With The Rest Of The Nation
- Schwab Agrees To Pay $200 Million In Fund Settlement
- FDA Cracks Down On Nestlé And Others Over Health Claims On Labels
- There Are Substantive Differences Among Consumer Fraud Statutes
- Supreme Court Safeguards Class Actions
- Securities Regulators Charge Morgan Keegan In Fund Meltdown
- Application Of The Crashworthiness Doctrine To Non-Automobile Cases
- Jury Orders Bayer To Pay Arkansas Rice Farmers $48 Million
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...