Posts Tagged ‘Chiron’
Drug Manufacturer Fraud Litigation - Thursday, June 17, 2010 15:31 - 0 Comments
The Swiss pharmaceutical company Novartis AG will pay $72.5 million to settle a whistleblower lawsuit accusing it of improperly billing government programs for unapproved uses of a cystic fibrosis drug. The settlement was announced by the government last month and the lawsuit filed by two former employees in 2006 was unsealed. The lawsuit alleged that biotechnology company Chiron Corp., which Switzerland-based Novartis acquired in 2006, billed for unapproved uses of its drug TOBI between 2001 and 2006. Under the settlement, the federal government will receive $35.68 million. Ten states — California, Illinois, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Massachusetts, Michigan and New York — will divide $29 million. The three whistleblowers will also receive $7.8 million from the settlement.
Source: Associated Press
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Antibacterial Drugs Linked To Potentially Fatal Heart Rhythm Abnormalities
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Dometic USA Recalls RV Power Awning Kits
- Parting Words
- A Monthly Reminder
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Tire Age and Safety Featured on “12 News Defenders”
- Employee Spotlights
- Abbott Recalls FreeStyle InsuLin
- FDA Inspection Triggers Recall by Florida Pharmacy
- Dolls Recalled
- Symbios Medical Products Recalls GOPump and GOBlock Kits
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- 2004 f250 6.0 80,784 miles I have had nothing but trouble with the truck just go...
- Are there going to be letters to the currently employed people as well as the pe...
- I would love to join in on this I have a lot to say and can relate to a lot of t...
- the motor burn out on our 2011 greystone 5 th wheel...
- My F350 just blew its EGR along with the head gaskets. I have had the truck for ...
- 2009 purchased 2 years ago with 35,000 miles. Car worked great until last year c...
- I have a woman who recieved silicone based Medicaid breast implants in 2011 in ...
- Myself and my family resided in Ujima Village from 1983-1988, my geandmother did...