Posts Tagged ‘Chad Cook’
Employee Spotlights, The Firm - Wednesday, August 7, 2013 11:49 - 0 Comments
Chad Cook, a lawyer in our Mass Torts Section, is currently responsible for a number of cases including Fosamax,Heparin, Reglan and Zithromax litigation. He also assists in investigating new drugs and medical devices that present a serious danger to consumers. Chad received his Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Auburn University at Montgomery in 1998. After graduating from undergraduate school, Chad pursued his Juris Doctor degree at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law. Chad was placed on the Dean’s Honors List and given the Scholastic Achievement Award for Employment Law in 2001.
While attending law school, Chad worked as a staff assistant in the firm’s Mass Torts section. After graduating in 2002, he was hired as a staff attorney for the firm. Chad is now a Shareholder in the firm and works in the Mass Torts Section. The focus of his practice is on pharmaceutical litigation, representing victims of defective prescription drugs and medical devices. Presently, Chad is one of 11 lawyers from around the country selected to oversee the consolidated litigation as part of the Plaintiffs Steering Committee (PSC) for In re: Fosamax Products Liability Litigation (No. II), MDL 2243. This litigation, which encompasses hundreds of cases against Merck Sharp & Dohme, Corp., involves femur fracture injuries, and is consolidated under U.S. District Judge Garrett E. Brown, Jr., in the District of New Jersey.
Chad also is on the Plaintiff’s Discovery Committee for In re Fosamax Products Liability Litigation, MDL-1789 which is venued in the Southern District of New York Federal Court before the Honorable John F. Keenan, and involves cases of osteonecrosis of the jaw. Chad assists with serving on the Fosamax Science and Administrative Committees for this litigation. Chad also is working on cases involving transvaginal mesh / bladder slings.
In addition to his work at Beasley Allen, Chad has served as an instructor in Civil Procedure and Evidence at Faulkner University and as a member of the Legal Studies Advisory Committee. Chad also serves as a Mentor for the Thomas Goode Jones Professional Development Program, which gives law school students an opportunity to connect with practicing attorneys, discuss the practice of law and promote professionalism. Chad currently is serving as treasurer for the Montgomery County Association for Justice.
Chad and his wife, the former Sharon Broadfoot, are from the Montgomery area. They have a 6-year-old son, Parker. The Cooks are members of First Baptist Church in Montgomery where Chad serves on the Board of the Nehemiah Project, a program designed to bring church leaders, businesses, civic organizations and city officials together to address the spiritual and social needs of Montgomery’s inner city. Chad is also a member of the Alabama Chapter’s Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Young Professionals Leadership Committee and is a Board member for The Montgomery County Association for Justice as well as a Board member for Montgomery Partners in Education, where community members volunteer as tutors, mentors and partners, helping students to build skills and to find the link between school and the future. Chad is a very hard worker, is totally dedicated to his clients and is a very good lawyer. We are blessed to have him with us.
- Mistrial in First Bellwether Transvaginal Mesh Trial Against Bard
- There is Still Time to Submit Transvaginal Mesh Claims for Review
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation Update
- More Trials Set For Vaginal Mesh Litigation
- Chad Cook
- Chad Cook Selected To Help Lead Fosamax Consolidated Litigation
- Paxil Birth Defects Cases Settled
- Jury Rules For The Defendant In Second Fosamax Trial
- Update on Fentanyl Patches
- Chad Cook
- Actavis Totowa recalls more than 65 drugs
- Mass Tort Update
- Recall Of Heart Failure Medication Digitek
- Ortho-Evra Patch Exposers Women To Dangerous Estrogen Levels And Risk Of Blood Clots
- Ethex Corporation Recalls Morphine Sulfate Tablets
- ACJF Awards Grants To Montgomery Nonprofit Organization
- Ortho Evra Update
- FDA Alert Relating to Shelhigh Medical Products
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Kiddie Korral Recalls Girls Hoodies With Ponies
- Giggles International Recalls Animated Monkey Toy
- Schneider Electric Recalls PowerPact J-Frame Circuit Breakers
- Wegmans Food Markets Recalls Moody Face Stress Balls
- Dream On Me Recalls Incredible Play Yards
- GCI Outdoor Recalls To Repair Stadium Seats
- Horizon Hobby Recalls HobbyZone Super Cub S Radio-Controlled Aircraft
- Lenovo Recalls Computer Power Cords
- Daikin Recall Air Purifiers Due To Fire Hazard
- Bicycle Helmets Recalled By UVEX Sports Due To Risk Of Head Injury
- Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Forks Due To Risk Of Fall Hazard
- Chase continues to do this in Maryland in 2015. I plan to cancel my mortgage an...
- Sorrry .. Last post had incorrect email addy for the lawyer ... It is bill.hopki...
- THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM FORD !!!! ... DO SOMETHING "NOW" TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMER...
- i need some money...
- I have been working with Wells Fargo modification for 3 years. I completed trial...
- I don't know who you are. I can tell how frustrated you are. Check this out I wi...
- I understand everyone that lost loved ones during the event at the movies but, e...
- Both low an high beams will go out when i use them. Very danagerous as sometimes...