Posts Tagged ‘Chad Cook’
Mass Torts Update - Monday, November 5, 2012 11:22 - 0 Comments
A fifth multidistrict litigation (MDL) has been formed in the Southern District of West Virginia for transvaginal mesh products manufactured by Coloplast Corporation. Judge Joseph R. Goodwin is overseeing the new Coloplast MDL which joins the four others in that court including transvaginal mesh manufacturers C.R. Bard, Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), American Medical Systems, Inc., and Boston Scientific Corporation. Over 1,000 cases have been consolidated in these five multidistrict litigations. Additionally, hundreds of cases have been filed in coordinated state court actions.
The FDA has issued an updated safety communication warning doctors, health care professionals, and patients that the placement of surgical mesh through the vagina to treat pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence may present greater risk for the patient than other non-mesh procedures. Pelvic organ prolapse occurs when the muscles and ligaments supporting a woman’s pelvic organs weaken and a pelvic organ slips out of place, or prolapses. Prolapse can involve the bladder, uterus, vagina, or rectum.
Coloplast manufactures three vaginal mesh products intended to treat pelvic organ prolapse, including Exair Mesh, Novasilk Synthetic Flat Mesh, and Restorelle Smartmesh. Coloplast also manufactures five bladder sling products intended to correct stress urinary incontinence, including the Aris Transobturator Sling, Omnisure Sling, Minitape Sling, Supris Suprapubic Sling, and T-Sling with Centrasorb. Stress urinary incontinence is the unintentional loss of urine prompted by a physical movement or activity such as coughing, sneezing, or heavy lifting.
Lawyers in our firm’s Mass Torts Section are currently investigating transvaginal mesh products manufactured by American Medical Systems, Boston Scientific, Caldera Medical, C.R. Bard, and Johnson & Johnson and Coloplast Corporation. If you need more information on this litigation, please contact Leigh O’Dell or Chad Cook at 1-800-898-2034 or by email at Leigh.Odell@beasleyallen.com or Chad.Cook@beasleyallen.com.
- More Trials Set For Vaginal Mesh Litigation
- Chad Cook
- Chad Cook Selected To Help Lead Fosamax Consolidated Litigation
- Paxil Birth Defects Cases Settled
- Jury Rules For The Defendant In Second Fosamax Trial
- Update on Fentanyl Patches
- Chad Cook
- Actavis Totowa recalls more than 65 drugs
- Mass Tort Update
- Recall Of Heart Failure Medication Digitek
- Ortho-Evra Patch Exposers Women To Dangerous Estrogen Levels And Risk Of Blood Clots
- Ethex Corporation Recalls Morphine Sulfate Tablets
- ACJF Awards Grants To Montgomery Nonprofit Organization
- Ortho Evra Update
- FDA Alert Relating to Shelhigh Medical Products
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Fosamax Lawsuit Update
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Update
- The Risks Of Taking Fosamax Appear To Be Great
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...