Posts Tagged ‘car seat’
Product Liability - Tuesday, April 17, 2012 14:31 - 0 Comments
Britax, a child car seat manufacturer, recently issued a recall on 14,220 of its newer Chaperone seats. The recall was because a rivet can become loose and cause the harness adjuster to detach from the seat. Without the harness adjuster, the harness straps cannot properly restrain the baby during a crash, which increases the risk of injury or death for the infant. Models E9L692J, E9L692K, E9L692L and E9L692M manufactured from Sept. 1, 2010, through April 30, 2011 are affected by this recall. Britax will provide consumers and retailers with a remedy kit to correct the harness adjuster problem.
This recall is only the latest in what has become an ongoing safety problem. Thousands of car seats are recalled each year, but most parents are not even aware that they are entrusting their children’s lives to a defective car seat. To make sure that a child’s car seat has not been recalled, parents must either search for the car seat on the recall list or register the child’s car seat for recall notifications. To search for a child’s car seat on the recall list, parents can go to http://www.carseat.org/Recalls/179NP.pdf and look for the child’s car seat model on the recall list. However, the best solution is to register the child’s car seat with the manufacturer. Parents can register with the following manufacturers on their website:
• Britax: http://www.britaxusa.com/registration/
• Chicco: http://www.chiccousa.com/carseatregistration.aspx
• Clek Inc. : http://clekinc.com/register/
• Combi: http://www.combiusa.com/Customer-Care/Product-Registration-Car-Seats.aspx
• Compass: http://www.learningcurve.com/productregistration?icid=ddmenu&locale=en_US
• Dorel: http://www.djgusa.com/registration/
• Evenflo: https://plweb.evenflo.com/ProductRegistration/Default.aspx
• Graco: http://www.gracobaby.com/Product%20Registration/Pages/ProductRegistration.aspx?productType=1
• Orbit baby: http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/support/register/consumer/
• Peg Perego: http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-site/product-registration-form/
• RECARO: http://www.recaro-registry.com
• Regal Lager: http://www.regallager.com/register/default.aspx?RegistrationType=CarSeat
Parents can also register the child’s car seat with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. From 1975 to 2008, an estimated 8,959 lives were saved by child restraints. To maximize child safety, parents should do the following:
• Use a car seat on every trip regardless of distance;
• Read and follow the car manufacturer’s instructions;
• Use a car seat that is appropriate for the child’s weight and height;
• Keep the child in a car seat for as long as the child meets the car seat’s weight and height specifications; and
• Keep all children under the age of 12 in the backseat.
If you would like additional information on child car seat safety and recalls, contact Stephanie Stephens, a lawyer in our Personal Injury Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Stephanie.Stephens@beasleyallen.com.
Sources: NHTSA; SafetyBeltSafe USA; and Al.com
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...