Posts Tagged ‘Brazil’
The National Scene - Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:52 - 0 Comments
A lawsuit, seeking $10.6 billion in damages, has been filed against Chevron Corp. and Transocean Ltd., one of the world’s largest operators of offshore drill rigs. The suit, filed by Brazilian public prosecutors, is based on the Defendants’ roles in a November oil spill near Rio de Janeiro. The civil suit also attempts to suspend the companies from operating in Brazil. Chevron has already been fined $28 million by environmental authorities for the spill, which the company says leaked about 2,400 barrels of crude into the ocean for several days after a drilling problem on November 10, 2010. The prosecutors say they found during investigations that Chevron and Transocean were not capable of controlling the damages caused by the leakage. They said further that this is “evidence of a lack of planning and environmental management by the companies.”
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...