Posts Tagged ‘BP’
Securities Litigation - Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:06 - 0 Comments
New York City has sued BP Plc for more than $39 million of losses it claims beneficiaries of the city’s pension funds sustained due to BP’s “misconduct and fraudulent behavior” linked to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. The city’s comptroller John Liu said:
BP failed to disclose to shareowners the serious risks involved in its offshore drilling operation. After the spill began, it misleadingly attempted to minimize the extent of the damage and the cost to shareowners. The estimated transactional investment losses to City pension beneficiaries caused by BP’s misconduct and fraudulent behavior exceed $39 million
The lawsuit, filed in the Southern District of New York, alleges BP failed to disclose facts about the dangers involved in offshore drilling operations, the extent of the leak and the estimated cost of the cleanup costs.
Source: Insurance Journal
- BP Appeals Damage Settlement Order
- BP: An Update On The Phase One Trial
- BP Continues to Ignore Its Promises
- BP Gas Price Manipulation Alleged by Ex-Employee in Lawsuit
- California Attorney General Sues BP and ARCO Over Gas Stations
- Federal Judge Approves $400 Million Transocean Criminal Plea Deal
- Claims Continue to Come Into the Oil Spill Claims Facility
- Judge Approves $4 Billion BP Oil Spill Criminal Settlement
- BP Objects to Oil Spill Price Tag Sought by States
- Limitation Trial in Oil Spill Litigation
- Mixing Oil With Dispersant Made The BP Oil Spill Worse
- Oil Spill Flow Rate Vastly Understated By BP
- Court Will Rule On BP’s $4.5 Billion Plea Deal Over Oil Spill
- There Should Be No Tax Breaks For BP Oil Spill Fines
- BP Can Afford To Pay Oil Spill Fines
- Alabama Agencies And Cities To Split $8 Million In BP Tourism Grants
- Oil Spill Trial Continued Until February 2013
- Court Pushes Opt-In Deadline To December 15, 2012
- The Fairness Hearing Before Judge Barbier Went Well
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...
- can you please emaik me a copy of your article on april 16th wells fargo suid f...
- ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE SIMILAR AND ALMOAT THE SAME IN TIME FRAMES. FOR TWO YEA...
- they tried forexloaing on my home with a fraudulent note. how do I know that? I ...
- Yes, Sharon, we were aware of the button... however, it didn't work. Took it to...