Posts Tagged ‘asthma’
Drug Manufacturer Fraud Litigation - Monday, July 26, 2010 9:23 - 1 Comment
AstraZeneca has agreed to pay $103 million to settle class-action claims arising out of the company inflating the wholesale price of cancer and asthma treatments. The first settlement includes $13 million for consumers and health insurers in Massachusetts, and $90 million for claimants outside of the state. The class-action lawsuit alleged that AstraZeneca inflated the average wholesale price of Zoladex, a cancer drug, and Pulmicort Respules, a treatment used to prevent asthma symptoms in children. This is one of the fraud cases that have been labeled AWP cases and the facts should be familiar to the Alabama Supreme Court. Apparently, judges in other states take a different view on the law applicable to these cases. At least AstraZeneca must believe that they do since the company is settling cases.
Source: The News Journal
- The Selma March
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- Honda Adds 105,000 Vehicles To Its U.S. Recall
- The Takata Airbag Saga Continues To Expand
- Investors Have Sued GM Directors Over The Faulty Ignitions
- “New GM” Ignition MDL Claims Now Under Home States’ Laws
- Judge In GM Ignition Switch MDL Urges Settlement Talks
- U.S. Supreme Court Reverses Alabama Redistricting Ruling
- The Lasting Effects Of Bloody Sunday
- Ford Recalls 221,000 Police Vehicles, Ambulances And Hearses
- Kia Recalls 209,000 Soul Vehicles For Accelerator Defect
- NHTSA Investigates Nissan Air Bag Fix As Complaints Increase
- Nissan Recalls 640,000 Altima Sedans
- The Amarillo Texas Smelter which operated from 1899 to current as a refinery has...
- Do NOT disconnect the battery! Under the steering column is a cap, flush with th...
- By the way that was for Johnson v. USCB Claims Adminitrator....
- I just received my claim form today April 17th 2015. And it had to be post marke...
- I have Organic Shingles that are failing and are not 10 years old. Can i sue Ce...
- My 2005 F-150 has only 47,000 miles and ready replaced all 4 regulators...
- It's funny sometimes how God uses others; I was reading some of the people's fav...
- Very happily surprised to find bible verses in this newsletter. Thank you for th...