Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform - Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:17 - 0 Comments
Top officials in the Koch brothers’ political organization released a staggering $889 million budget last month to fund the activities of the billionaires’ sprawling social network before the 2016 presidential contest. The budget, which pays for everything from advertising and data-gathering technology to grass-roots activism, was released to donors attending the annual winter meeting of Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce.
In 2012, Freedom Partners spent nearly $240 million as it funded nearly three dozen organizations, ranging from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to smaller Tea Party groups. The fundraising target is the latest indication that the industrialists at the center of the network, Charles and David Koch, intend to continue building an operation that rivals — or exceeds — the national political parties in size and scope to help advance their libertarian principles. By comparison, the Republican National Committee (RNC) raised and spent nearly $400 million during the 2012 presidential election cycle.
- The U.S. Supreme Court Torpedoes Campaign Finance Reform
- Secret Corporate Politicking Must Be Curtailed
- It is time to change the way elections are financed
- The need for reform in Alabama is great
- Reform is badly needed on the national level
- Nothing to Report This Month
- U.S. Supreme Court refuses to hear challenge to North Carolina’s campaign finance law
- Chambers of Commerce financed unsuccessful GOP candidates
- Wait until next year
- Needs for next year
- Alabama gets failing grade on campaign finance disclosure
- Nothing to report
- A Very Brief Report That Has Little To Offer
- Federal Appeals Court Says Campaign Finance Rules To Weak
- ExxonMobil Spent Nearly $3.1 Million Lobbying In The First Quarter
- Pharmaceutical Companies Spend Big Bucks
- The Selma March
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Publix Reaches $30 Million Settlement With Employees In Overtime Location
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- Budget Cuts Would Cripple State Court System In Alabama
- Loretta Lynch Is Now The U.S. Attorney General
- Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer Fined More Than $600,000 For Violations
- NHTSA Opens Investigation Into Hercules Tire Recall
- Ford Fights Source Code Discovery In Acceleration Actions
- NHTSA Asked To Investigate Ford Headlights Defect
- It Appears NHTSA Will Speed Up Takata And Jeep Recalls
- MDL Judge Selects Firms To Lead Takata Air Bag MDL
- Budget Crisis In The Alabama Legislature
- Harry Reid Stepping Down From United States Senate
- Hillary Clinton Makes It Official – She’s In The Race For The White House In 2016
- Watched judge Moore talk about funding. In my opinion, the Public sector has los...
- both the driver side and passenger windows failed in 2010 on my 2004 F150 xlt ha...
- I took the generic form for 13.5 years, it has destroyed my body, I get up in th...
- CLAIM # UJT-10591410101-395110
I tried several websites to get my form, for set...
- You say: "BP does not want folks to really know the types of damage the company ...
- In the piece you state "We must all continue the fight that started at a bridge ...
- It has been said "When nature has work to be done,God send someone to do it" Th...
- Hello I recently received my claim form and the website was not related to claim...