Personal Injury, Workplace Hazards - Thursday, May 2, 2013 13:07 - 0 Comments
Texas regulators have fined a hotel and a contractor nearly $86,000 over the 2011 death of a housekeeper who fell six stories down a service elevator shaft at the Crockett Hotel in San Antonio. Emergency responders recovered the body of 65-year-old Gloria Rodriguez on Dec. 28, 2011. Other workers at the hotel had reported hearing a noise and then the basement elevator doors were jammed. Otis Elevator Co. is the company involved.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation last month announced that the hotel was fined $25,800 for failing to schedule state-mandated inspections and maintenance. The agency also fined Otis $60,000 for performing work in a negligent or incompetent manner related to brakes. A civil lawsuit filed by the Rodriguez family is pending.
Source: Claims Journal
- Jury Awards $2.2 Million For Injuries In work-Related Lawsuit
- Woman Sues Over Son’s Death At Omega Protein
- Worker Files Suit Against Houston Packaging Plant
- CSX Must Pay $1.25 Million For Repetitive Stress Injury
- New Jersey Jury Awards $2.7 Million In Factory Explosion
- Alabama Plant Cited for Safety Violations
- OSHA Cites Bridge Painter for a Second Time
- Farm Worker’s Injury Case Settled
- Verdict for Michigan Teenager in Farming Vehicle Lawsuit
- Oil Well Death Lawsuit Settled
- Construction Site Falls Are A Big Problem
- Family Of Vermont Trooper Killed In 2003 To Get Settlement
- Industrial Accident Deaths At Mississippi Phosphates
- $5.75 Million Awarded To Families Of Workers Killed, Injured At Mobile Port
- Occupational Injuries And Illnesses Rate Unchanged In 2011
- Costco Workers Win Class Certification For Bias Case
- 2011 Fatal Work Injury Statistics
- Worker Burned Badly In Explosion At Louisiana Gas Plant
- Wrongful-Death Lawsuits Filed In Atchison Grain Elevator Blast
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...
- Great to find a site like this that informs us of what our tax dollars are payin...