Settlements Of The Month
Settlements Of The Month, The Firm - Tuesday, November 8, 2011 15:19 - 0 Comments
Our firm recently settled a lawsuit that was pending in Etowah County, Ala. We represented Terry Franklin, a driver for Koch’s Poultry, in the case that arose out of a motor vehicle accident. On the date at issue, Mr. Franklin had picked up a load of chickens with his commercial vehicle and was traveling back to the processing plant in Gadsden. While traveling back to the processing plant, Mr. Franklin encountered a drunk driver who made a left hand turn in front of his vehicle, causing a collision.
Mr. Franklin sued a local bar where the drunk driver had been drinking prior to the wreck as well as the uninsured motorist carrier for Koch’s poultry, his employer. He also sued his employer for his workers’ compensation benefits. Our client suffered a shoulder injury, neck injury, a concussion and traumatic glaucoma to his right eye. He has had an interior cervical fusion surgery and receives pain management for his continued neck pain. Mr. Franklin was unable to go back to work either as a truck driver, or as a diesel mechanic, which are the only two vocations he has known.
The case settled for a confidential amount. In addition to the monetary amount paid, the settlement left medicals open and included a waiver of the workers’ compensation lien. The case was handled by Mike Crow from our firm and Donald Rhea, a very good lawyer from Gadsden. They did an excellent job in the case and reached a very good settlement for Mr. Franklin.
- Jere Beasley Report, April 2013
- Marc McHenry Hired As Investigator
- Title Loans and Payday Loans are Bad News for Borrowers
- Alabama to Receive $1,039,078 in Multi-State Settlement
- COSTCO Recalls Gold Coast Crab Dip
- Major Banks Assist In Payday Loans Banned By States
- We Have Allowed A Culture Of Violence To Be Created In The U.S.
- Parting Words
- Closing Observations
- Favorite Bible Verses
- WSFA News Defenders Interviews
- Beasley Allen Hosts The Child Safety Helmet Giveaway
- SPLC Looks At How Payday And Title Loans Prey On Alabama’s Poorest
- Employee Spotlights
- Natura Pet Expands Recall Of Dry Pet Foods
- Winn-Dixie Recalls Organic Apple Juice On Mold Fears
- Manda Packing Recalling 468,000 Pounds Of Meat
- Carter’s Recalls Infant Clothings With Zippers Due To Choking Hazard
- My family and I lived in Ujima Village in the 80's. My mother is now deceased. ...
- The rate has now risen to over 6%...
- Its really not easy to payback any kind of loan, I always recommend all my frien...
- Same as above, with all the nightmares. I was Modifying with Wells Fargo and i s...
- I am shocked to see what I am reading - but not surprised. I installed Certain...
- I work as a store manager and i work 60 to ninety hours a weeks please tell me s...
- I wondered why i couldn't find him on the DPS website.
Tell Marc to contact me...
- I want to be involved in this lawsuit. I was a 3rd key making $8.25 per hour wi...