Arbitration Update, Business - Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:39 - 0 Comments
In April, lawmakers led by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) reintroduced the Arbitration Fairness Act (AFA) of 2015. If passed, the legislation would eliminate mandatory arbitration clauses in employment, consumer, civil rights and antitrust cases.
The AFA was introduced before both houses of congress, and initially sought to cover arbitration agreements between companies that generally are on even footing as far as bargaining leverage. However, the U.S. Supreme Court expanded the scope of the Act to also apply to claims involving consumers and workers, who lack the same kind of power as corporations in contract negotiations. Continue…
- Claim Against Dell Sent To Arbitration In Defective Laptop Suit
- Vonage Denied Arbitration Due To “One-Sided” Service Terms
- Arbitration In Nursing Homes
- Hearings Address The Evils Of Forced Arbitration
- Judge Refuses To Send Defective Phone Class Action To Arbitration
- Hyundai Takes Arbitration Out Of Their Warranty Contracts
- Hope For Consumers Seeking To Avoid Arbitration
- U.S. Appeals Court Changes A Decision On Car Arbitration
- Toyota Not Allowed To Arbitrate Sudden Acceleration Claims
- Arbitration Clauses In Consumer Contracts Targeted
- Bank Of America Takes Arbitration Out Of Credit Cards
- U.S. Supreme Court Grants Review of Class Action Waiver Case
- Congress Takes Major Step Toward Ending Forced Arbitration
- A Seminar On Arbitration
- Congress should act on arbitration legislation
- Congress should act on pending legislation
- Bank of America drops arbitration for consumer disputes
- Report on the Arbitration Fairness Act
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Technology Update: Can Your Car Be Hacked?
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Chette Williams Does Good Work As Auburn University Football Team Chaplain
- Our Monthly Reminders
- Tom Methvin Appointed As University of Alabama Culverhouse Commerce Executives Society President
- Beasley Allen Sponsored “Gross Out Day Camp” At The Alabama Wildlife Federation Lanark Nature Center
- Beasley Allen Sponsors Seat Check Saturday
- The Fellowship Of Christian Athletes Do Great Work
- National Night Out Held In Prattville
- “Tales From Goat Hill” Said To Have Been A Success
- 36,000 Cases Of Kraft Singles Recalled Due To Choking Hazard
- Merck Recalls Temodar And Temozolomide Bottles With Cracked Caps Due To Failure To Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement
- Flowers By Zoe Recalls Girls Striped Hoodie And Neon Tie Dye Jacket Due To Strangulation Hazard
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
- my toyota corolla ce 2004 model power steering is stiff when the engine is idle ...
- Where are we with the payout to those Canadians who were affected by VIOXX- one ...
- sorry the implant was performed in august of 2011...
- i had a nucleus 5 implant in august 2014- 65 years old and the time, and lost my...