Arbitration Update, Business - Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:39 - 0 Comments
In April, lawmakers led by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) reintroduced the Arbitration Fairness Act (AFA) of 2015. If passed, the legislation would eliminate mandatory arbitration clauses in employment, consumer, civil rights and antitrust cases.
The AFA was introduced before both houses of congress, and initially sought to cover arbitration agreements between companies that generally are on even footing as far as bargaining leverage. However, the U.S. Supreme Court expanded the scope of the Act to also apply to claims involving consumers and workers, who lack the same kind of power as corporations in contract negotiations. Continue…
- Claim Against Dell Sent To Arbitration In Defective Laptop Suit
- Vonage Denied Arbitration Due To “One-Sided” Service Terms
- Arbitration In Nursing Homes
- Hearings Address The Evils Of Forced Arbitration
- Judge Refuses To Send Defective Phone Class Action To Arbitration
- Hyundai Takes Arbitration Out Of Their Warranty Contracts
- Hope For Consumers Seeking To Avoid Arbitration
- U.S. Appeals Court Changes A Decision On Car Arbitration
- Toyota Not Allowed To Arbitrate Sudden Acceleration Claims
- Arbitration Clauses In Consumer Contracts Targeted
- Bank Of America Takes Arbitration Out Of Credit Cards
- U.S. Supreme Court Grants Review of Class Action Waiver Case
- Congress Takes Major Step Toward Ending Forced Arbitration
- A Seminar On Arbitration
- Congress should act on arbitration legislation
- Congress should act on pending legislation
- Bank of America drops arbitration for consumer disputes
- Report on the Arbitration Fairness Act
- Favorite Bible Verses
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Jere Beasley Report, July 2015
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation Update
- Chinese Tires – Buyer Beware!
- Lawmakers Reintroduce Arbitration Fairness Act
- Whistleblower Lawsuit Investigates Outsourcing Companies for Foreign Worker Fraud
- State of Alabama Making Progress in Case Against BP
- NHTSA Failed Its Mission In GM Probes
- Parting Words
- The Persons Who Cheated Cancer Patients Should Be Put In Jail
- Some Monthly Reminders
- when will the $53 million be distributed or has it already been done and I've be...
- Having same issues with lots of granular loss, lots of it. They are Horizon, ins...
- Hello Ms. Jackson,
Try visiting the following page on the Tennessee Departmen...
- I would like more information on this topic. Why are they having so much troubl...
- Worked at sun shipbuilding and dry dock company as a machinist
Worked at genera...
- We just had our roof inspected because of a storm that came through for damage, ...
- I am the original owner of a 2006 HHR. It makes me sad to know that I will proba...
- To Whom it may concern
My 2004 Ford F150 Driver's side Window went down last ...