Capitol Observations - Friday, November 9, 2007 5:59 - 0 Comments
Merck & Co., Inc. has agreed to pay $4.85 billion to resolve Vioxx-related claims in which a claimant has suffered a heart attack, sudden cardiac death, or stroke.
After more than five years of litigation, Merck has agreed to settle some 27,000 Vioxx lawsuits for a record $4.85 billion.
The litigation involving thousands of Vioxx lawsuits consolidated in U.S. District Court, under Judge Fallon related to the pain reliever, Vioxx, is going to be announced by Merck shortly, at a formal status conference.
The Vioxx settlement is larger than the $3.75 billion Fen-Phen settlement.
An official Vioxx Settlement Calculator has been developed to help individuals understand the complicated settlement criteria.
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Settles for $1.25 Million
- Medtronic Recall Issued for Sprint Fidelis Heart Leads After 5 People Die
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Lead Recalled After 5 People Die
- Major Recall of Pet Food has Animal Owners Frantic
- Bausch & Lomb Recalls 1.5 Million Bottles of ReNu MultiPlus Contact Lens Solution
- EPA Sues Exxon for Toxic Cleanup
- Dealing with a Traumatic Brain Injury is Extremely Difficult
- Public Citizen Urges Congress to Improve Vehicle Safety for Children
- Florida Business Awards $18.8 Million in Lawsuit
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Jury in Vioxx Case Awards $47.5 Million to Idaho Couple
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Trial is Set in Texas
- Another U-Haul Verdict In Kentucky
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Lawsuit Set for Trial in Texas
- FDA Warns of Baby Food Botulism Risk
- ConAgra’s Peanut Butter Recall to Cost $50 to $60 Million
- GE Loses It’s Battle With Insurers Over Asbestos Lawsuits
- Fosamax Lawsuit Update
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Update
- Favorite Bible Verses
- More Info on the Xarelto Litigation
- BP Is Trying To Keep A Jury From Hearing Alabama's Case
- An Update on the State of Alabama's Case Against BP
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Jere Beasley Report, July 2015
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation Update
- Chinese Tires – Buyer Beware!
- Lawmakers Reintroduce Arbitration Fairness Act
- Whistleblower Lawsuit Investigates Outsourcing Companies for Foreign Worker Fraud
- State of Alabama Making Progress in Case Against BP
- NHTSA Failed Its Mission In GM Probes
- Parting Words
- The Persons Who Cheated Cancer Patients Should Be Put In Jail
- Some Monthly Reminders
- when will the $53 million be distributed or has it already been done and I've be...
- Having same issues with lots of granular loss, lots of it. They are Horizon, ins...
- Hello Ms. Jackson,
Try visiting the following page on the Tennessee Departmen...
- I would like more information on this topic. Why are they having so much troubl...
- Worked at sun shipbuilding and dry dock company as a machinist
Worked at genera...
- We just had our roof inspected because of a storm that came through for damage, ...
- I am the original owner of a 2006 HHR. It makes me sad to know that I will proba...
- To Whom it may concern
My 2004 Ford F150 Driver's side Window went down last ...