Capitol Observations - Friday, November 9, 2007 5:59 - 0 Comments
Merck & Co., Inc. has agreed to pay $4.85 billion to resolve Vioxx-related claims in which a claimant has suffered a heart attack, sudden cardiac death, or stroke.
After more than five years of litigation, Merck has agreed to settle some 27,000 Vioxx lawsuits for a record $4.85 billion.
The litigation involving thousands of Vioxx lawsuits consolidated in U.S. District Court, under Judge Fallon related to the pain reliever, Vioxx, is going to be announced by Merck shortly, at a formal status conference.
The Vioxx settlement is larger than the $3.75 billion Fen-Phen settlement.
An official Vioxx Settlement Calculator has been developed to help individuals understand the complicated settlement criteria.
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Settles for $1.25 Million
- Medtronic Recall Issued for Sprint Fidelis Heart Leads After 5 People Die
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Lead Recalled After 5 People Die
- Major Recall of Pet Food has Animal Owners Frantic
- Bausch & Lomb Recalls 1.5 Million Bottles of ReNu MultiPlus Contact Lens Solution
- EPA Sues Exxon for Toxic Cleanup
- Dealing with a Traumatic Brain Injury is Extremely Difficult
- Public Citizen Urges Congress to Improve Vehicle Safety for Children
- Florida Business Awards $18.8 Million in Lawsuit
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Jury in Vioxx Case Awards $47.5 Million to Idaho Couple
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Trial is Set in Texas
- Another U-Haul Verdict In Kentucky
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Lawsuit Set for Trial in Texas
- FDA Warns of Baby Food Botulism Risk
- ConAgra’s Peanut Butter Recall to Cost $50 to $60 Million
- GE Loses It’s Battle With Insurers Over Asbestos Lawsuits
- Fosamax Lawsuit Update
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Update
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Affordable Care Act Marketplaces Enroll 9.9 Million
- Just How Costly And Fast-Growing Is Cyber Risk?
- Banks Must Turn Over $315 Million In USS Cole Bombing
- The Donald Seems To Be Heading Toward The GOP Nomination
- NHTSA Fines British Motorcycle Maker $3 Million
- NHTSA Says BMW Stalled Over Mini Cooper Recalls
- Ford Sudden-Acceleration Class Actions Joined As One
- Ten Automakers Sued Over Keyless Ignitions Linked To Carbon Monoxide Deaths
- NHTSA Probes Air Bag Sensors In Kia And Nissan Vehicles
- NHTSA Tells Volkswagen And Others That It May Expand Takata Recall
- NHTSA Says 23 Million Faulty Takata Airbags Still In U.S. Vehicles
- Yesterday, I received a check (almost $10,000.00) out of the settlement from the...
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
- my toyota corolla ce 2004 model power steering is stiff when the engine is idle ...
- Where are we with the payout to those Canadians who were affected by VIOXX- one ...
- sorry the implant was performed in august of 2011...