Capitol Observations - Friday, November 9, 2007 5:59 - 0 Comments
Merck & Co., Inc. has agreed to pay $4.85 billion to resolve Vioxx-related claims in which a claimant has suffered a heart attack, sudden cardiac death, or stroke.
After more than five years of litigation, Merck has agreed to settle some 27,000 Vioxx lawsuits for a record $4.85 billion.
The litigation involving thousands of Vioxx lawsuits consolidated in U.S. District Court, under Judge Fallon related to the pain reliever, Vioxx, is going to be announced by Merck shortly, at a formal status conference.
The Vioxx settlement is larger than the $3.75 billion Fen-Phen settlement.
An official Vioxx Settlement Calculator has been developed to help individuals understand the complicated settlement criteria.
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Settles for $1.25 Million
- Medtronic Recall Issued for Sprint Fidelis Heart Leads After 5 People Die
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Lead Recalled After 5 People Die
- Major Recall of Pet Food has Animal Owners Frantic
- Bausch & Lomb Recalls 1.5 Million Bottles of ReNu MultiPlus Contact Lens Solution
- EPA Sues Exxon for Toxic Cleanup
- Dealing with a Traumatic Brain Injury is Extremely Difficult
- Public Citizen Urges Congress to Improve Vehicle Safety for Children
- Florida Business Awards $18.8 Million in Lawsuit
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Jury in Vioxx Case Awards $47.5 Million to Idaho Couple
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Trial is Set in Texas
- Another U-Haul Verdict In Kentucky
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Lawsuit Set for Trial in Texas
- FDA Warns of Baby Food Botulism Risk
- ConAgra’s Peanut Butter Recall to Cost $50 to $60 Million
- GE Loses It’s Battle With Insurers Over Asbestos Lawsuits
- Fosamax Lawsuit Update
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Update
- Continental Recalls 8,070 Motorcycle Tires
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- Korean Automakers Hyundai And Kia Agree To Record U.S. Settlement For Mileage Fraud
- General Motors Is Sued By Arizona For $3 Billion Over Recalls
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against General Motors
- NHTSA Probes Honda Accord Power Steering Issues
- NHTSA Fines Ferrari $3.5 Million Over Safety Reports
- AutoNation Halts Sales Of Used Cars In Air Bag Recalls
- Audi Air Bags May Not Fire When Ready
- Honda Repair Deal In Faulty Side Air Bag Class Action
- Honda Failed To Report 1,729 Deaths And Injuries Since 2003
- Obama Nominates Mark Rosekind To Lead NHTSA
- NHTSA Probes Honda’s Reporting Of Defective Air Bags
- The judge approved the settlement. Now it's up to DG issuing checks, etc. We'r...
- i signed a lot of paperwork back in 2010 ....
need to change address from. ...
- Dear Sir: i am about to take a case against VW to a Federal Court Jury trial in ...
- 2004 350 6.0 Powerstrike diesel Navistar engine. PLEASE advise on how to be par...
- This recall is a night mare. One week after purchasing new tires back in August...
- We recently lost our home to foreclosure by Flagstar. After months of applying ...
- Safety starts at the top of an organization. This takes management commitment, w...
- I also lost my home to foreclosure due to Flagstar's failure to process my reque...