Capitol Observations - Friday, November 9, 2007 5:59 - 0 Comments
Merck & Co., Inc. has agreed to pay $4.85 billion to resolve Vioxx-related claims in which a claimant has suffered a heart attack, sudden cardiac death, or stroke.
After more than five years of litigation, Merck has agreed to settle some 27,000 Vioxx lawsuits for a record $4.85 billion.
The litigation involving thousands of Vioxx lawsuits consolidated in U.S. District Court, under Judge Fallon related to the pain reliever, Vioxx, is going to be announced by Merck shortly, at a formal status conference.
The Vioxx settlement is larger than the $3.75 billion Fen-Phen settlement.
An official Vioxx Settlement Calculator has been developed to help individuals understand the complicated settlement criteria.
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Settles for $1.25 Million
- Medtronic Recall Issued for Sprint Fidelis Heart Leads After 5 People Die
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Lead Recalled After 5 People Die
- Major Recall of Pet Food has Animal Owners Frantic
- Bausch & Lomb Recalls 1.5 Million Bottles of ReNu MultiPlus Contact Lens Solution
- EPA Sues Exxon for Toxic Cleanup
- Dealing with a Traumatic Brain Injury is Extremely Difficult
- Public Citizen Urges Congress to Improve Vehicle Safety for Children
- Florida Business Awards $18.8 Million in Lawsuit
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Jury in Vioxx Case Awards $47.5 Million to Idaho Couple
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Trial is Set in Texas
- Another U-Haul Verdict In Kentucky
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Lawsuit Set for Trial in Texas
- FDA Warns of Baby Food Botulism Risk
- ConAgra’s Peanut Butter Recall to Cost $50 to $60 Million
- GE Loses It’s Battle With Insurers Over Asbestos Lawsuits
- Fosamax Lawsuit Update
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Update
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- The Selma March
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- Class Action Sought For Toyota’s Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Safety Institute Announces Quarterly Vehicle Safety Watch List
- Automakers Hire Rocket Science Company To Find Cause Of Exploding Air Bags
- Takata Must Preserve Recalled Air Bag Evidence
- President Obama Now Says He Wants To Reverse Citizens United
- Drug Companies Outsourcing Safety Monitoring To Cut Costs
- FTC’s Provigil Pay-For-Delay Suit Passes Actavis Test
- S&P Pays $1.4 Billion In Settlement With DOJ For Inflating Ratings Before 2008 Mortgage Crisis
- High Court Rules That It Is Unfair For Dentists To Limit Teeth-Bleaching Providers
- Governor Robert Bentley Steps Up To The Plate
- BP Claims That Deepwater Claims Administrator Has Conflict
- I have a 2004 f150 crew cab front passenger window is up and won't come down so...
- I have a 2004 E350 6.0 diesel that I bought from a company called Sports mobile ...
- my tel # 340-220-3215 I wanted to know if you handled Plavix lawsuits fro...
- my claim # is UJT-10383314601 236605 no claim form attached to the notice i rec...
- We have a 2005 excursion 4x4 6.0 limited. Since buying a couple of years ago wit...
- Our 2003 Ford Windstar had a dealer installed patch put on the rear axle a coupl...
- HAVE A 2010 MAZDA RX7 TURBO 32000 MILES ON IT HAD TO HAVE THE ENGINE AND TURBO ...
- am I being represented in this settlement?who is Virginia lawyer?how can I conta...