Capitol Observations - Friday, November 9, 2007 5:59 - 0 Comments
Merck & Co., Inc. has agreed to pay $4.85 billion to resolve Vioxx-related claims in which a claimant has suffered a heart attack, sudden cardiac death, or stroke.
After more than five years of litigation, Merck has agreed to settle some 27,000 Vioxx lawsuits for a record $4.85 billion.
The litigation involving thousands of Vioxx lawsuits consolidated in U.S. District Court, under Judge Fallon related to the pain reliever, Vioxx, is going to be announced by Merck shortly, at a formal status conference.
The Vioxx settlement is larger than the $3.75 billion Fen-Phen settlement.
An official Vioxx Settlement Calculator has been developed to help individuals understand the complicated settlement criteria.
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Settles for $1.25 Million
- Medtronic Recall Issued for Sprint Fidelis Heart Leads After 5 People Die
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Lead Recalled After 5 People Die
- Major Recall of Pet Food has Animal Owners Frantic
- Bausch & Lomb Recalls 1.5 Million Bottles of ReNu MultiPlus Contact Lens Solution
- EPA Sues Exxon for Toxic Cleanup
- Dealing with a Traumatic Brain Injury is Extremely Difficult
- Public Citizen Urges Congress to Improve Vehicle Safety for Children
- Florida Business Awards $18.8 Million in Lawsuit
- An Update on Ortho Evra Litigation
- Jury in Vioxx Case Awards $47.5 Million to Idaho Couple
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Trial is Set in Texas
- Another U-Haul Verdict In Kentucky
- Our Firm’s Mesothelioma Lawsuit Set for Trial in Texas
- FDA Warns of Baby Food Botulism Risk
- ConAgra’s Peanut Butter Recall to Cost $50 to $60 Million
- GE Loses It’s Battle With Insurers Over Asbestos Lawsuits
- Fosamax Lawsuit Update
- Ortho Evra Lawsuit Update
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Regions Fined $7.5 Million For Breaking Overdraft Rules And Will Refund $49 Million To Customers
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Jeep Grand Cherokees Under NHTSA Probe After Rollaway Reports
- Honda Reportedly Facing Probe Over Air Bag Failure Claims
- Hyundai Can’t Escape Suit Over Santa Fe Stalling Defect
- NHTSA Questions Takata And Volkswagen Over Air Bag Incident In New SUV
- Senators Want Full Takata Recall
- Takata Plans Ad Campaign To Alert Drivers Of Recalled Air Bag Risk
- Takata To Stop Using Volatile Chemical In Airbags
- Chrysler Facing Class Action Over Jeep Transmission Defects
- NHTSA Won’t Investigate Alleged Toyota Acceleration Defect
- NHTSA Won’t Investigate Chrysler Power Module Defect Claims
- Luxury Car Hacking Risk Is Widespread
- There is no doubt that there are many other providers like TRINITY who provides ...
- When can we expect payment...
- I'm not sure of the website question above but; My question is, how do I determi...
Are you looking for xarelto leads?...
- 2008 F150 super cab, passenger side window will not roll down. Stopped working a...
- I TIRED STATER, SLATER & ROSENBERG 8-9 YEARS AGO. IT WAS WHEN THE NEWS CAME ...
- 2004 F-150 Supercrew FX4 with 83,000 miles, I will be contacting the attorney li...
- I just had the first failure on my 2005 F-150 (76,000 miles) this morning on my ...