An improperly vented propane heater is being reported as the cause of death for five people who died in a small Pennsylvania cabin. It appears the victims succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while asleep. The Lycoming County Coroner confirmed that to be the cause of their deaths. The mother of two of the victims – girls 4 and 9 – had left the cabin about 5 a.m. on that Saturday morning. It’s unclear why she and another woman left the cabin. But according to reports they and the other adults had been engaged in a night of partying.
Authorities have said the two adults and three children who died had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were found on May 3. There was no indication any of the victims tried to escape. All five apparently died in their sleep. A relative of the cabin’s owner hosted a get-together starting on the Friday night, and it apparently lasted into the early morning hours on Saturday. The man who found the bodies had slept in his truck outside the cabin. He discovered the bodies later that day. This is a tragic occurrence and more information will be developed relating to the five deaths.
Source: Claims Journal
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.